The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2014-2015

glensmad

Don't really want to comment on them to much, still early days as well. They only really had one clear chance that i remember which brought out a good save from Murdoch. They will need to up it anyway for next Saturday as my own team hopefully do as well for our game.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greenock gave Pollok a game of it today. 2 red cards which was yellows. Yellow card which should have been red. Cant wait see highlights of the reds as all around was shocked the ref produced 2 reds Couple penatly incidents also. Good game imo

If we play like that we will do well

Good away wins for Yoker, Shettleston, Pollok and Rob Roy as well as my team Glencairn today. Cumbernauld and Maybole won't be too disappointed at a point each, the same for Neilston and Ardeer. The five teams who lost today will be making every effort to kick start their season next week, which will make them dangerous opponents for whoever they are playing.

Greenock gave Pollok a game of it today. 2 red cards which was yellows. Yellow card which should have been red. Cant wait see highlights of the reds as all around was shocked the ref produced 2 reds Couple penatly incidents also. Good game imo

If we play like that we will do well

the first 2 clips are the red cards - not for me. the third clip is the darroch booking which could have been a red - not even a foul imo, the fourth clip is a foul against Sweeney which looked the other way and the last clip is a good shout for a Greenock penalty.

Kilsyth Rangers 0-3 Rob Roy. Number 7 ( Upton ) Scored a great goal!

Yes the boy took that goal very well. As mentioned he had good game overall, always looking to create something.

This was my first game of the season today and was fairly impressed with the Roy. Things to work on yes, improvement needed yes, kilsyth rangers not at the races yes but the boys did what they needed to do yesterday to get the points which was the main thing.

I would like to comment on the two young centre midfielders who were playing for the Roy. Urquhart and McKechnie i believe. Both young, both have obvious ability,both similar types of players which maybe doesn't always work in the middle of the pitch.

Just a thought, it will certainly be interesting to see how they get on this season in what will be a very tough league.

As ever Mon the famous Rabs!!

Thought the referee was shocking yesterday at ravenscraig and the video from lokforever certainly backs that up. The 2 red cards are a disgrace. Bookings at worst. Greenock boy has been sent off as a leveller to correct his previous error. Might make him feel better 10 v 10 but the two players now have suspensions to serve.

Not blaming the ref for the result as i thiught pollok were the better side and probably deserved to win.

Greenock came right into in the second half and hopefully can carry the same fight into next week v yoker.

The last man tackle looked a stonewaller yesterday but seems soft on the replay lokforever. Tend to agree its not a foul, or at the least a soft one.

Good away wins for Yoker, Shettleston, Pollok and Rob Roy as well as my team Glencairn today. Cumbernauld and Maybole won't be too disappointed at a point each, the same for Neilston and Ardeer. The five teams who lost today will be making every effort to kick start their season next week, which will make them dangerous opponents for whoever they are playing.

The bole boys will definetly not be happy with a point, should have won at a canter and 7-2 would have been a fair result with us missing a penalty as well! Full credit to cumbernauld though who fought hard after going down to 10 men in the second half.

The bole boys will definetly not be happy with a point, should have won at a canter and 7-2 would have been a fair result with us missing a penalty as well! Full credit to cumbernauld though who fought hard after going down to 10 men in the second half.

A bit prone to exaggeration are we? 7-2?

Yes Maybole played well. The penalty should have been a free kick the other way as the centre forward wrestled Tony to the ground. Bizarre decision totally baffling, but justice was done when keeper saved penalty

The damage was done though as he was sent off for the offence. However Cumbernauld seemed to up a gear with 10 men and deservedly equalised . They could have won it at the end when a cross came in from the right and two Cumbernauld forwards got in each other's way

Yes Maybole missed chances but so did Cumbernauld. Maybole were perhaps more direct whereas IMO Cumbernauld passed it much better

It could be a good point for both teams at the end because I feel that both will be in the top half of the table come the end of the season.

Good luck for the rest of the season

Great start to the season for the glens yesterday, especially at such a hard venue. I don't think there will be many others that will take points from Largs at home this season. Hopefully we can continue from yesterday and go on with our competitive undefeated run for as long as possible.

Great start to the season for the glens yesterday, especially at such a hard venue. I don't think there will be many others that will take points from Largs at home this season. Hopefully we can continue from yesterday and go on with our competitive undefeated run for as long as possible.

Has someone been on a recruitment drive to get people on this! Ha

Smash and grab stuff from Glens yesterday. Their keeper made a couple of vital saves and we just couldn't take our chances. Hopefully that's the wee wake up the team needs.

I don't think it was smash n grab stuff lol. Not from the game I was watching. End of the day the keepers a big part of the team and making vital saves means big JC done his job right.

Archived