Big welcome to the Hibs, Hearts & Rangers to the Championship

Sorry. Youse got promoted to boring no interest city arizona. Screw the premiership, bring on the real league. Perhaps we should form a breakaway ?

Who'd want you lot in a breakaway ffs?

Shocking management at Hibs - Petrie surely can't survive this?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Petrie will stay-on, IMO, he'd already announced his "stepping-back" but he won't be leaving and needs involvement for his roles at SPFL + SFA (he'll be President one day). Tonight he's said:

I take responsibility for the position that the club finds itself in. However, it would be wrong for me to abdicate that responsibility at this time and walk away and it would be wrong for the club. Having already announced a few weeks ago that I am handing over my executive responsibilities, it is in the best interests of the club for me complete that transition to our new chief executive and to oversee the other far reaching changes at the club as non-executive chairman.

Probably not a dead cert no but still favourites , they would have to improve big time on last year Hearts have lost a few players and so will we(thank god), really depends on Rangers financial situation as to how much they can stregnthen, will be tight I'd imagine.And to be fair Falkirk will be in the mix definetley .

Probably not a dead cert no but still favourites , they would have to improve big time on last year Hearts have lost a few players and so will we(thank god), really depends on Rangers financial situation as to how much they can stregnthen, will be tight I'd imagine.And to be fair Falkirk will be in the mix definetley .

Was thinking that myself, I definitely think Falkirk will be in with a shout.

This. From a Hibs point of view this could be a total disaster, if could take a few seasons to get back up.

Part of me has a feeling that we might see some talk of 14-team SPL rear its head over the next few weeks or months... I'm not saying it would be right but I could see it happening.

It's just a scandal that the club has ended up in this position. Rangers and Hearts imploded financially... Hibs finances are superb which makes it inexcusable really. It'll be a great division next season but for Hibs to involved, just maddening.

If only some clubs had voted for bigger leagues when they had the chance when the fans were asking for exactly that eh?

Strange how things work out sometimes.

Not just next season. Only a max of 2 of the 3 can go up and there's no guarantees in the play-off's. We could have them down for at least the next few seasons.

Surely the League board need to be sorting out a TV deal for the Championship now.

The ultimate irony is that they have skewed the play offs in the premier leagues favour so Partick, Ross or Hamilton (or whoever) will get the benefit now while Hearts Hibs and the other cheek scramble for the scraps. Love it.

Just me who thinks Rangers aren't a dead-cert to go up automatically next season? They are absolutely shite.

If someone with some sense at Ibrox (Unlikely, I know) stops McCoist from spending millions that they don't have, the league title will be contested between Hearts and Hibs.

I doubt Hibs will be as financially worse off for being relegated as they would have been in normal circumstances.

Could have been a lot worse.

Might take a few seasons to get back into the Premiership, though. In the long run, it could well be disastrous if Hearts and Rangers both get promoted next season.

Berwick are not in the Championship next season so Rangers won't be getting promoted. Sevco might though.

If only some clubs had voted for bigger leagues when they had the chance when the fans were asking for exactly that eh?

Strange how things work out sometimes.

lets be honest here the self preservation league were never going to go for bigger leagues, too greedy by far for that to happen.

lets be honest here the self preservation league were never going to go for bigger leagues, too greedy by far for that to happen.

I agree but the irony is that a fair proportion of them have now ended up in a diddy league anyway with part time clubs. Not being funny but being in a 10 team league would drive me scatty. I have a season ticket for Sunderland ladies and they are in a 10 team league and it seems way too small. (it was £18 by the way and I will probably end up missing 4 or 5 games due to one reason or another but its still bloody good value)

I do realise that Sunderland ladies are a successful semi professional outfit and that puts them ahead of most of the teams in the Scottish Championship ^_^

Hearts to win the league next season, Hibs to beat The Rangers in the play off decider (if they have the bottle)

Football's a funny old game though, we were docked 15 points last season, and next season we will get 12 of them back again thanks to Hibs being relegated :D

Some of these guys at Alloa, Cowden, Dumbarton, Raith etc will all be well up for playing (The) Rangers. It's a chance to prove themselves to everyone in front of the Sky/BT cameras. I dont know whether that will be enough to stop them from winning the league but I hope it's as competitive as this year's. It looks as though Hearts, Hibs and Rangers will occupy the top 3 with Falkirk taking 4th but Hearts might s**t themselves now that they actually have something to play for, Rangers might struggle because Falkirk, Queens and Dumbarton are a different kettle of fish from Stranraer, Ayr and Forfar (I've never seen the 3 L1 teams and am just basing that on what I've seen from the championship teams) and Hibs are just pathetic ATM but could turn this around over summer. I hope the Championship teams all do well and I hope the part time teams do well in this league but I think it's a certainty that Alloa or Cowden will be in L1 come the 2015/16 season (by then I'll be bombarded by Alloa/Cowden supporters quoting this because they stayed up).

As an Edinburgh based wasp, next season will be quite a novelty with 4 walkable away games.

We're going to be utter cannon fodder, but I might as well make the best of it.

:guinness

Haha brilliant!

We might never see another season like next in our lifetimes (1st time ever neither Hibs nor Hearts have not been in top flight) so lets make the most of it.

It is going to be a fantastic season. The rest of us will go into the games against the Big 3 with no expectations which will make it all the better if any of us pick up anything. It wont just be the clubs that'll make some money, think of the local boozers. The Novar in Kirkcaldy will be loving this!

The Edinburgh away days this season were great and next year..............well just bring it on!

Ok last time hibs were in the 2nd top league

1 Hibernian 36 28 5 3 84 33 51 89 Promoted to Scottish Premier League 1999-00 2 Falkirk 36 20 6 10 60 38 22 66 3 Ayr United 36 19 5 12 66 42 24 62 4 Airdrieonians 36 18 5 13 42 43 -1 59 5 St Mirren 36 14 10 12 42 43 -1 52 6 Morton 36 14 7 15 45 41 4 49 7 Clydebank 36 11 13 12 36 38 -2 46 8 Raith Rovers 36 8 11 17 37 57 -20 35 9 Hamilton Academical 36 6 10 20 30 62 -32 28 Relegated to Second Division 1999-00 10 Stranraer 36 5 2 29 29 74 -45 17

I am guessing not much has changed.

This. From a Hibs point of view this could be a total disaster, if could take a few seasons to get back up.

Part of me has a feeling that we might see some talk of 14-team SPL rear its head over the next few weeks or months... I'm not saying it would be right but I could see it happening.

It's just a scandal that the club has ended up in this position. Rangers and Hearts imploded financially... Hibs finances are superb which makes it inexcusable really. It'll be a great division next season but for Hibs to involved, just maddening.

luis-suarez-cries-liverpool-crystal-pala

I don't think Rangers will be strolling the league like they did last season. It's a different challenge this time. Just like the previous seasons teams will be going into this fixture wanting to do one over on the Rangers. I couple of bad results for them and other clubs will quickly realise they are total shite.

Archived