Big welcome to the Hibs, Hearts & Rangers to the Championship

I reckon the fans will keep on rallying for the cause and we'll sell 10-12k season tickets for next season mate, which will give us probably the 3rd largest budget in the whole of Scotland, whether or not Ann Budge decides to spend it is another thing though as she already made it crystal clear that our survival and rebuilding is not based on going straight back up, and if it takes a few years to get stability then so be it, needs must in our case to ensure a future for the club and fans.

I didn't think i would see you so soon ;)

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If only some clubs had voted for bigger leagues when they had the chance when the fans were asking for exactly that eh?

Strange how things work out sometimes.

Hibs would probably still have been relegated.

i'd love a bigger league playing each other just twice.

Whilst I'd love to win the league like any Hearts fan I'd be content with going up in the play offs...

Keeping a controlled budget for the players and staff etc for the season ahead is what we'll be looking for primarily.

If The Rangers want to spunk whatever money they don't have then let them. If we beat them, Hibs, Falkirk or anyone else to the title then it'd be superb.

Superb...

But playoffs at minimum should be our goal.

Going to miss the Dundee fans and their incredible banter tbh.

I've looked in here from time to time,I can only be grateful that Dundee and Morton aren't here anymore.

Two clubs with a huge percentage of f***wits if this place was anything to go by.

Looking forward to this, wish to welcome all teams to Tynecastle but no offence guys, I hope this is one season thing for Hearts (by which I mean we go up, as that could be construed as going down as well.)

Hopefully this season is the start of Hearts building something big under Levein.

Not the first time I've seen that claimed but I just can't see it, even factoring back for the lesser number of games this division has.

Celtic Park has a bigger capacity than Ibrox and whilst neither club is especially likely to actually publish real bums on seats attendances there's no real reason to expect Rangers to significantly out-attend Celtic in matches.

Hibs and Hearts are big teams but Aberdeen's support would probably beat either of them, whilst a combination of Dundee United, Dundee, Motherwell, etc would outweigh the other.

Thereafter where are we getting the bigger crowds? Falkirk have a decent support but not enough to outweigh Kilmarnock and St Mirren. QoS, Livingston and Raith have average supports well under 2,000 usually and the part time clubs are all much smaller than anyone in the Premiership.

Apart from anything else, even if you accept the premise that there will be massive travelling supports from Rangers, Hearts and Hibs (which is by no means certain), the sheer size constraints of most of the grounds down here means they won't beat the Premiership attendances. Doesn't matter how many tens of thousands might want to see Dumbarton v Rangers, the stadium can only hold a couple of thousand (or whatever capacity is).

I expect next season will see the narrowest gap between the top two division ever in terms of average attendance but I would still expect the Premiership to be comfortably ahead.

Rangers will get a higher average than Celtic next year, they're more likely to be in a competitive league.

I think you'll find Hearts average was above Aberdeen last season. Taking into account their best year in a while and us being relegated that's pretty impressive. Hibs in general average above Aberdeen aswell iirc and with a chance to compete for the league will likely have a good attendance.

The rests average will go up due to large away crowds, rangers always take big crowds an Hearts and Hibs if doing well will do the same. Add to that the geography of the league, pretty much every team out with Queens are central belt so away days seem more attractive. Charity bet?

The only down side for me was that Dunfemline didn't come up. Would have loved to see my club up against the big 3 newcomers as well as getting our derby back. That would have been perfect, but I'll settle for Falkirk being in Scotland's most competitive and interesting league next season.

Rangers will get a higher average than Celtic next year, they're more likely to be in a competitive league.

I think you'll find Hearts average was above Aberdeen last season. Taking into account their best year in a while and us being relegated that's pretty impressive. Hibs in general average above Aberdeen aswell iirc and with a chance to compete for the league will likely have a good attendance.

The rests average will go up due to large away crowds, rangers always take big crowds an Hearts and Hibs if doing well will do the same. Add to that the geography of the league, pretty much every team out with Queens are central belt so away days seem more attractive. Charity bet?

Presumably you are going to completely ignore the fact Hearts were in administration and attendances were up as fans tried to save the club?

Presumably you are going to completely ignore the fact Hearts were in administration and attendances were up as fans tried to save the club?

Did I ignore that? Hearts always average above Aberdeen champ.

That's a bold prediction, given the ST sales situation at Ibrox...? And they were the best part of 10% down on Celtic in the season just ended.

Think its a bit early for predictions. One thing hearts really struggled last year as the had a young team was the emotional/mental aspect of the game. It depends who they sign but one positive result in a big game could send confidence souring and they went on a run and the same for a negative.

If Rangers don't go into admin I think they will win the league. Will be interesting but I reckon hibs/hearts will not throw money at it and aim for play off places. If either Hearts/Hibs were in this league without each other or rangers it would prob be worth running at a big loss for one year and go back up easily(like last time hibs were in the league). With the the current situation its just not worth spending serious cash as if it goes wrong it could not be sustained. This would not be a great message for the fans of either hibs/hearts so f**k knows.

Agree. Until we see the respective squads take shape, it's all up in the air. Hibs have the biggest re-build and it'll be interesting to see what level of player they attempt to sign. Rangers already have a squad capable of winning it but with the doubts over the solvency of the club, with potential for a points deduction etc they're a riskier bet than they should be. Hearts still have a very good squad of youngsters but will need at least 4 or 5 additions of decent quality and real experience and that's assuming no more exits. For the support of all three, this season offers the excitement of the completely unpredictable and I for one am looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

That's a bold prediction, given the ST sales situation at Ibrox...? And they were the best part of 10% down on Celtic in the season just ended.

Celtic reported much higher crowds than they were getting, maybe the **** did too I don't know.

Looking at it from a Celtic point of view they have no games to excite them in the league do they??

I'm not being billy big Baws about it but surely rangers, Hearts and hibs are a bigger draw than most of the teams in the top league? I reckon their crowds will drop and rangers rise.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Archived