19QOS19

What Was The Last Game You Played?

"This is not good story-telling; you're supposed to weave exposition into the narrative not hand the audience a fucking glossary."

I've been playing Arkham Knight again over the last week or so.

Absolutely love it, but the Riddler can still go and take a flying f**k to himself.

I've been playing Arkham Knight again over the last week or so.
Absolutely love it, but the Riddler can still go and take a flying f**k to himself.
Aye agreed, I want to do them but the racing ones are a pain in the tits.

On 19/07/2020 at 15:55, Ludo*1 said:

FFVIII is the daddy of FF for me. FFX being a closed second.

Loved FFVII, but have no interest in the remake. Felt the same way about the Resident Evil Remakes (Except the original remake).

Never got around to playing IX will need to give it a go.

FF was ruined for me when they overhauled the battle system in XII and they've never really looked back.

VII > CT > X > VI > IV > IX > VIII > XII > XV > XIII > V > I > III > II

Deus Ex (2000, PC)

proxy-image?piurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.themis-media.com%2Fmedia%2Fglobal%2Fimages%2Flibrary%2Fderiv%2F946%2F946874.jpg&sp=1596809100Tea827b39681899bab0d441497bf41849c56ac720bc1d5fd33ad11e5e6a70b237

The game is lauded as a masterpiece & one of the best games of all the times & rightfully so imo. An excellent well written story immersed in conspiracy theory galore with engaging characters. A cyberpunk inspired dystopian setting taking in the USA, Hong Kong & Paris. Player agency providing multiple methods & avenues for goals to be completed. Agency also extends to your actions having a direct impact on how some story aspects pan out. A wide array of tools at your disposal to use how you see fit.
Map design that rewards exploration with alternate paths & hidden areas plus gameworld lore galore to be discovered. The graphics are a weakpoint & were below par even on release but it's not bad enough to ruin the experience. The voice acting also isn't exactly classic but it has a certain charm in a cheesy kind of way. Big fan of the protagonist JC Denton's deapan, dry & straight to the point delivery which is hilarious & part of the games charm & has contributed to the meme culture surrounding the series.

TL;dr. Good game go play this game.

Yasss! One of my favourite games ever. I've completed this numerous times trying out new ways to do shit and it's so rewarding. OK, the ending not so much but I love this universe.
The sheer depth and length of it is something but the story is terrific, the characters are strong and I love how you can have multiple ways of shit happening. The fact that if you leave the Ton Hotel (during the shoot out) either through the window or via the front door changed what happens to... Someone... Was brilliant at that time. Still is.

The game play is charming. The graphics are laughable now but again it's charming and the game is engrossing enough to just jump in.

There are so, so many hidden locations and secrets in this. It's worth exploring everywhere.

I fucking love the blue blade you eventually get in Hong Kong, it's brutal!

Deus Ex (2000, PC)

946874.jpg%26sp=1596809100Tea827b39681899bab0d441497bf41849c56ac720bc1d5fd33ad11e5e6a70b237&key=7867b7baaf9faa0ef5a69797f063b7323882552b871c335c5a70021f9883ba86

The game is lauded as a masterpiece & one of the best games of all the times & rightfully so imo. An excellent well written story immersed in conspiracy theory galore with engaging characters. A cyberpunk inspired dystopian setting taking in the USA, Hong Kong & Paris. Player agency providing multiple methods & avenues for goals to be completed. Agency also extends to your actions having a direct impact on how some story aspects pan out. A wide array of tools at your disposal to use how you see fit.
Map design that rewards exploration with alternate paths & hidden areas plus gameworld lore galore to be discovered. The graphics are a weakpoint & were below par even on release but it's not bad enough to ruin the experience. The voice acting also isn't exactly classic but it has a certain charm in a cheesy kind of way. Big fan of the protagonist JC Denton's deapan, dry & straight to the point delivery which is hilarious & part of the games charm & has contributed to the meme culture surrounding the series.

TL;dr. Good game go play this game.
My favourite game of all time, I even have a tattoo of the front cover on my arm. One of the only games I have played from start to finish numerous times, the minute the opening theme music kicks in, goosebumps.

I've tried playing Deus Ex multiple times, going back to when it was new out, and I've never been able to get in to it. The game mechanics seem broken to me; sneaking about just doesn't seem to work, as you get spotted way too easily, and I remember there being some kind of tranquilliser gun that only results in your target running about screaming for a while and alerting every c**t.

It must get better or there wouldn't be so many people who love it, but I always lose interest before that happens. The odd thing is that its sister game, System Shock 2, is one of my all-time favourites. I had trouble getting into that as well, initially. Happy to take suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong, as I'd love to have the experience that so many folk seem to have got out of it.

Persona 5 Royal is something else. Currently running around a palace trying to beat up a noncey PE teacher

Baldur's Gate 2: EE.

Though I love the game, some of the newly added stuff is hit or mess. The Hexxat quest is just plain annoying.

apps.29198.66416288418246547.8db04ed4-6710-424c-b2c7-fc1b8f89e9a2.125b501a-844a-4ec6-86ef-3c46ebf4c698%26sp=1598652628Tf499972a11bdd8fe39cc8ad174a632c9114a6025160dd57fe48181d43e3ab879&key=8f1d4f6b3cf6daf161b74c3bbdf254ed932269456ff43b8d401c61eb58727e10

Borderlands 3 (PC)

Excellent gameplay & mechanics which are the best in the series thus far. The game environments are a positive too with great settings across the in-game galaxy.

On the other hand the story is utter trash & the writing is really really bad. The DLC is a step up however in this regard albeit not hard with the low bar set. I could go full scale nerd essay on the many flaws of the writing & story if I could be arsed.

On 17/08/2020 at 15:22, Comrie said:

Baldur's Gate 2: EE.

Though I love the game, some of the newly added stuff is hit or mess. The Hexxat quest is just plain annoying.

Is this available on steam etc? I think I had the OG one from years ago and enjoyed it.

I love games like this and Ages of Empire.

On 09/08/2020 at 13:27, Stellaboz said:

Maybe stop being shite at it...

emoji6.png

If only you'd been around to give me advice twenty years ago!

21 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Is this available on steam etc? I think I had the OG one from years ago and enjoyed it.

I love games like this and Ages of Empire.

It's £14.99 right now, I think I got it on sale for a tenner at New Year.

Some of the new stuff isn't great. Hexxat is a particularly poorly written character compared to the originals.

Started playing Maneater last night on http://Twitch.tv/gameduckk.

Play as a shark, levelling up etc to get to new areas. The concept is great in that your shark is being followed as part of the 'Maneater' TV show. The narrator is Jerry Smith, the dad from Rick and Morty, who I think has a great voice.

I'm sure Deus Ex is great, but it completely broke my PC after installation (probably 19 years ago) and I've never wanted to risk installing it again. I think I got to play the first minute or so of it, does it start off on top of a car park?

2 hours ago, Mordecai said:

I'm sure Deus Ex is great, but it completely broke my PC after installation (probably 19 years ago) and I've never wanted to risk installing it again. I think I got to play the first minute or so of it, does it start off on top of a car park?

You start off down at the docks, don't you?

Curious about how it broke your PC, though. I remember one of the Leisure Suit Larry games (I think) had a glorious bug where it expected to be installed under something like C:\Games\LSL. If you changed it to something like the more traditional C:\Program Files\LSL, then later tried to uninstall the game, it assumed everything in its own directory and the one above was to be deleted.

That was fun  <_<