What Was The Last Game You Played?

19QOS19

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/01/2020 at 21:45, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Started playing Doom mods recently - that's original Doom, not the modern one. Not sure why it's taken me so long, considering I've been a huge Doom fan for...Jesus, more than twenty years...but some of the stuff people have made is just incredible.

Been using Brutal Doom for a while now, but I didn't realise they also made a huge mission pack as well, and it's more fun than any new game I can remember playing recently. I'm giving Colorful Hell a go at the moment, which randomly gives the enemies on each level a Diablo-style class and colour to match, and makes the whole thing a much bigger challenge. Also warns you when it's spawned one (or more) of the top-tier double-hard b*****ds somewhere on the level, which is a nice way of saying, "ha ha, you're going to die".

Do you need a kosher copy of the original Doom to play these mods or is it free these days?

Do you need a kosher copy of the original Doom to play these mods or is it free these days?
Apparently there's something called FreeDoom that lets you play mods without owning the actual game. You download that and a modern port of the engine like zDoom, and you can add mods to your heart's content.

Or you could download it from a site of ill repute, if you really don't want to buy. It's currently £1.73 from Fanatical.com, which is a site of actual repute.

9 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Apparently there's something called FreeDoom that lets you play mods without owning the actual game. You download that and a modern port of the engine like zDoom, and you can add mods to your heart's content.

Or you could download it from a site of ill repute, if you really don't want to buy. It's currently £1.73 from Fanatical.com, which is a site of actual repute.

Fanatical must be monitoring your posts.  They've just put the price up to £4.04.

Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice.

Wow, what an experience this game is. Highly recommended using headphones for the full effect. Makes excellent use of sound and sight. The gameplay involves some puzzles and fighting sections both of which are OK but the story, voice acting performance and character development is exceptional.

The game is only around 5 hours long but leaves a lasting impression.

SuperHot in VR! This is just an incredible and new experience that I first felt when I launched VR. I've never had so much fun. At the moment, VR devices are still quite expensive, but I'm not sorry that I bought this device. VR has become so interesting to me that I decided to check out vr app development companies in order to find new games. Now I'm waiting for Half-life Alyx.

Edited by Xianders

On 26/01/2020 at 19:14, Skerla said:

Got the Batman Arkham trilogy for a couple of quid on the ps store. 
Finished Asylum and working my way through Arkham City. Excellent games.

I tried playing this after playing spiderman and i just cant shake the impression that its too slow, i know thats all on me and they are defo good games, just the fact im used to the more fluid and quickness of spiderman means i dont enjoy the batman ones as much

2 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

I tried playing this after playing spiderman and i just cant shake the impression that its too slow, i know thats all on me and they are defo good games, just the fact im used to the more fluid and quickness of spiderman means i dont enjoy the batman ones as much

I've started a couple of batman games over the years and never got into them. Just seemed really repetitive

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Not the new one, no

You should give it a bash if you have the ps4, even though the street crime battles are repetitive in their appearance, they dont feel that way due to the different ways you need to deal with them, the styles used in one battle may not work right away in the next due to daft stuff like enemy positions or where you approach them from

Plus the Web swinging is an absolute dream, theres a fast travel mode unlocked at some point in the game and i think i barely ever used it because swinging from a to b in new york was amazing lol

53 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I’ve started Mafia 3 recently having not played any of the earlier games. It’s pretty decent but I can’t be arsed driving places.

I got right into it then completely fell away from it as there was a point with 3 missions and they were all pretty much the same and it bored me lol

2 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

You should give it a bash if you have the ps4, even though the street crime battles are repetitive in their appearance, they dont feel that way due to the different ways you need to deal with them, the styles used in one battle may not work right away in the next due to daft stuff like enemy positions or where you approach them from

Plus the Web swinging is an absolute dream, theres a fast travel mode unlocked at some point in the game and i think i barely ever used it because swinging from a to b in new york was amazing lol

Have you played the DLC? I bought the pass for it but never got round to playing any of it after finishing the main game.