What Was The Last Game You Played?

19QOS19

2 hours ago, JamieT1314 said:

I just started playing mafia 2 the other day. Got about an hour in and realised I has played it. Pretty good. Can't mind how far I got. Art gallery rings a bell

Just downloaded it, think i remember playing some of it on consoles and liking it. Been sitting in my steam library for years, got it with a humble bundle and completely forgot about it until now

• 3 years later...

Currently playing LA Noire for the third time - enjoying it much more than I was expecting, I just had a hankering for that kind of game. The cases and characters are quite interesting, although many are riffs on existing Hollywood films and books, and I really like the facial tech, despite it being the best part of a decade old now. Some decent acting in there too.

Shame we're unlikely to see a sequel, but I'd be very interested in something in the same mould, even if it wasn't necessarily set in post-war LA.

Currently playing LA Noire for the third time - enjoying it much more than I was expecting, I just had a hankering for that kind of game. The cases and characters are quite interesting, although many are riffs on existing Hollywood films and books, and I really like the facial tech, despite it being the best part of a decade old now. Some decent acting in there too.
Shame we're unlikely to see a sequel, but I'd be very interested in something in the same mould, even if it wasn't necessarily set in post-war LA.
L.A Noire : The VR Case Files is gonna be my next purchase for PSVR. Looks amazing!

27 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

L.A Noire : The VR Case Files is gonna be my next purchase for PSVR. Looks amazing!

Aye, the release of that was what put it back in my mind.

Bit of an odd choice to get the VR treatment, I'd have thought. Pretty long in the tooth at this point, as wasn't exactly considered a roaring success at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Started Far Cry 5 a wee while ago hut just not getting on with it at all. Really enjoyed far cry 4 however there just seems to be far too many enemies in this one, you can't drive 100 yards without 2 or 3 pick ups of bad guys coming the other direction and stopping and shooting f**k out of you.

Not sure whether to persevere a bit longer or just move onto something else.

Dusted off GTA V yesterday and managed to steal a fighter jet from the military base and get it back to my hangar unscathed. Quite ashamed as a 41 y/o man at how proud I was of this achievement. 

ETA - without any cheats etc.

Edited by Shandon Par

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2019 at 20:53, Doctor said:

Played through gears of war on the game pass, moving onto the halo games after that. Stupid overblown power fantasy nonsense but oh so fun just to shoot some aliens after a tough day at work

The first halo level "assault on the control room" was easily one of the best levels i have ever played on any game, 

• 3 weeks later...

Call of Duty Modern Warfare.I really liked the multiplayer in this game. It's very exciting and challenging. I would like to play better play in this game. So I use call of duty modern warfare state tracker which helps me analyze my game. So I understand what I'm doing wrong and draw conclusions from it.

Edited by Xianders

Started playing Doom mods recently - that's original Doom, not the modern one. Not sure why it's taken me so long, considering I've been a huge Doom fan for...Jesus, more than twenty years...but some of the stuff people have made is just incredible.

Been using Brutal Doom for a while now, but I didn't realise they also made a huge mission pack as well, and it's more fun than any new game I can remember playing recently. I'm giving Colorful Hell a go at the moment, which randomly gives the enemies on each level a Diablo-style class and colour to match, and makes the whole thing a much bigger challenge. Also warns you when it's spawned one (or more) of the top-tier double-hard b*****ds somewhere on the level, which is a nice way of saying, "ha ha, you're going to die".

On 05/01/2020 at 15:14, Gianfranco said:

Ive been slowly working my way through Uncharted 4. The story line was decent enough but I found it a bit of a drag at times. Too much climbing and problem solving for my liking but the shooting bits were very decent.

Think 1,2&3 are all on the jan free list