What Was The Last Game You Played?

19QOS19

Just downloaded Super Meat Boy as it's free on Xbox live this month. f**k that game! I just spent 4 hours 100% the first world! Not looking forward to the rest of the game if that's the easiest world. It's fun but also solid. Predict a few broken controllers tbh.

Have you tried the dark worlds as well? :lol:

Tremendous game!

• 3 weeks later...

Pre-ordered South Park: The Fractured But Whole, so I got Stick of Truth with it. Completed it yesterday, and I've done most of the side quests. I really enjoyed it: it's really funny, the combat (which I was sceptical of) was pretty good, there are a lot of fun quests do, and you genuinely feel like you're part of an episode of South Park. Can't wait for The Fractured But Whole :)

• 4 weeks later...

Punch Club - faux 16-bit style time management game that I picked up for buttons in the Steam Summer Sale. You control a young boxer in his quest to become a top MMA-style fighter and avenge his father's death. It's all about allocating time in each day to training, work, relationships, etc. Looks quite nice with pleasant Amiga-era sprite visuals, and the plot's full of references to daft Eighties movies like Rocky 4. Decent to put on in the background while you're working, but it would drive you nuts to play through in one sitting, as the grind involved in raising your character's stats is immense. I'd definitely buy a sequel if they sorted that out.

This War of Mine - depressing simulation of being trapped in a war zone. You control a group of characters trying to survive by fortifying a house, building tools, growing food, etc. At night you can send one of them out to salvage/steal/fight while the others stay home to sleep or fight off intruders. You're given some tough choices to make from time to time, such as giving your last food rations to starving orphans, and the decisions you make can affect the game later on. The game's faux-3D, with a pleasant sketchbook art style, and it certainly isn't easy - my characters usually end up starving, with open wounds, while dying of the lurghi.

I'm enjoying it well enough, and looking forward to actually working out how to keep everyone alive, but it's not great for casual play. The day/night cycles are in real time, which leads to some frantic escapades when trying to get things done before the timer runs down, but I end up pausing at the start of each day to do some work. By the time I get back to it, I've forgotten what I needed to do that day, and I end up wasting time working it out as a result. That aside, I'd recommend it if you see it on sale.

Bought the uncharted collection before trying uncharted 4. Completed the first one in a few days, really tried to get all the treasures aswell but got just more than half. No idea how i could've missed so many. Started the second one now, some of the annoying things from the first game have been fixed.

Miami Hotline; great suedo retro top down ultra Gore slasher/shooter. Great soundtrack coupled with a fast and furious gameplay. 8/10

Arma3: Apex: the best Milsim available got a expansion in Oceania and man is it beaut. The story mode lacks what the base game had but it's focus was on coop with the apex campaign rather than story. It also brings in a engine rework aswel as a beautiful new map to play in 8/10

Zombie Army Trilogy: left for dead meets cods nazi zombies. Fast, frantic fun, especially with friends. 7/10

Kholat: A indie game narrated by Sean Bean about the mysterious deaths of a hiking team in the Russian Ural mountains. Atmospheric and beautifully designed 8/10

• 4 weeks later...

Had a go at Party Hard and Viscera Cleanup Detail lately, as they came in an interesting-looking bundle from Bundle Stars. Party Hard is a 2D retro pixelart thing that casts you as a serial killer who's sick of parties keeping him awake at night, so you have to attend the party and murder everyone. There's quite a bit of strategy to it, as you have to avoid being seen, and there's a variety of ways to off your targets. Only played it for a few hours, but it's been fun, so I'd recommend picking it up considering it's currently £3.40 on Steam. Well worth it at that price.

Oh, and the music's quite nice too, with lots of tunes that are reminiscent of pop songs without doing that shite retread-with-a-couple-of-notes-changed thing. Going to play it again now, actually.

Viscera Cleanup Detail's obviously a game that came about after someone massacred a few hundred demons in Doom, then thought "glad I don't have to clean up that mess". In this game, you're the janitor who shows up after the battle and gets to mop up the blood. The whole game has the familiar 3D shooter feel, only your weapons are your cleaning tools and rubber gloves, for taking bloody chunks to the incinerator. I've only played an hour or two of this as well, and it feels like it needs more to do - there are data logs and notes you can find, which help to give you an idea about what happened on the level, and there's some satire of big-business bureaucracy too, but the main thing is cleaning and waste disposal, and it feels like it'll get dull quite quickly. Maybe worth a punt if there's a sale on, but I'd be a bit miffed at having paid £9.99 for it.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave
Forgot to mention the music in PH

Puzzle and dragons mario on 3ds.. weirdly addictive puzzle game. Two games in one with rpg element and a mario 3 esk world view. See how it goes but i tanked the battery twice just starting it

7 hours ago, JamieT1314 said:

Just started far cry 3. Just took the first outpost. Really liking it so far.

Kept crashing on me but hoping the new GFX card will fix it.

Started Mafia II the other day, after reading the Mafia III thread on here and realising I bought the second one ages ago but never played it!

Pretty good so far