What Was The Last Game You Played?

19QOS19

Ratchet and Clank is getting rave reviews, had to order myself a copy last night

Totally stupid, over the top nonsense gameplay. But it is absolutely superb.

Highlights being the pixelator which turns your enemies in to 8-bit versions of themselves and watching the game repeatedly take the piss out of itself.

Would 100% recommend it to anyone.

Shovel Knight is a fantastic game, always meant to go back and do the free Plague Knight DLC they released, really mixes up the gameplay but yeah even without that it's a marvelous throwback to games of old and takes plenty of practice to master. 

Shovel Knight is a fantastic game, always meant to go back and do the free Plague Knight DLC they released, really mixes up the gameplay but yeah even without that it's a marvelous throwback to games of old and takes plenty of practice to master. 

I'm hardly into the game at all and the last time I played I must have tried about a dozen times to get past a certain point. Will have to put it on tomorrow to get past it.

After 20+ hours accumulated over the last year or so, I finally completed FTL on Steam (on easy).  Beautiful, beautiful game.  When I find myself with a couple of hours to kill at the weekend it's a favourite go-to game for me.  I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface.  I paid £3.49 for it on a Steam sale years ago, which is very cheap for the quality of the game.

I've ran through a couple of other, shorter games on Steam: The Stanley Parable, a 'walking simulator' that is a curious comment on how choice in game design works; and Shelter, a heart-wrenching game where you play as mother badger fending for a litter of cubs.  Both are worth picking up on a Steam sale.

I've played a bit of Invisible Inc on Steam and realise it has been released on PS4 about the same time that I've actually paid it attention, after owning it for six months.  Stealth-based, turn-based strategy.  Very moreish but, like FTL, there is a bit of a difficulty curve at first.

Still playing a fair amount of Rainbow Six Siege on PS4, but only with friends.  Going solo is a bit Wild West these days with random team killing, but in a squad there's nothing better than it IMO.

Edited by bunglebonce

FTL's possibly my favourite game ever, and I've been playing games since 1982 - link.

After about 500 hours of playtime, something went wrong with my profile a few weeks ago and reset everything - the sheer impotent rage   :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Competed The Last of Us for the first time last night. Tremendous game well worthy of the praise it gets, and that's me playing it some years after its original release.

I've got a pretty neat back catalogue still to get through and don't know what to go for next!! Uncharted 3, Ratchet and Clank, Dishonored, The Witcher 3, The Wolf Among Us, The Witness, Life is Strange, Beyond Two Souls, Heavy Rain... I should probably stop buying games...

Competed The Last of Us for the first time last night. Tremendous game well worthy of the praise it gets, and that's me playing it some years after its original release.

I've got a pretty neat back catalogue still to get through and don't know what to go for next!! Uncharted 3, Ratchet and Clank, Dishonored, The Witcher 3, The Wolf Among Us, The Witness, Life is Strange, Beyond Two Souls, Heavy Rain... I should probably stop buying games...

Your telling me bud..

13335893_1169796903070697_58183414112000

Oh and i highly recomend Witcher 3 above all else

Have you played Uncharted 1 and 2 out of interest? If not, I'd definitely recommend giving them a go before 3. 1 hasn't aged too well, but at the time was tremendous. 2 was a vast improvement and was probably my favourite up until 4.

Uncharted 4 was an absolute joy of a game and in all honesty I'm confident if you powered through the Uncharted series ahead of the other titles you'll have a cracking time :lol:

Said this elsewhere, but Naughty Dog are just an excellent company. Comfortably my favourite developer. I'd buy anything they put their name to based on Uncharted and TLOU alone. Uncharted 4 is probably my favourite next gen title so far. Gorgeous game.

TLOU Factions online MP is good.

Have you played Uncharted 1 and 2 out of interest? If not, I'd definitely recommend giving them a go before 3. 1 hasn't aged too well, but at the time was tremendous. 2 was a vast improvement and was probably my favourite up until 4.

Uncharted 4 was an absolute joy of a game and in all honesty I'm confident if you powered through the Uncharted series ahead of the other titles you'll have a cracking time :lol:

Said this elsewhere, but Naughty Dog are just an excellent company. Comfortably my favourite developer. I'd buy anything they put their name to based on Uncharted and TLOU alone. Uncharted 4 is probably my favourite next gen title so far. Gorgeous game.

Played Uncharted 1 and 2 a few weeks back. Loved them both but thought it better to take a break (and really wanted to play Last of Us) before going back to 3 and then getting 4. As above, I haven't been able to stop myself buying other games in between... also have Bully to add to that list as I bought that on ps4 and it's one of my favourite games ever.

Just downloaded Super Meat Boy as it's free on Xbox live this month. f**k that game! I just spent 4 hours 100% the first world! Not looking forward to the rest of the game if that's the easiest world. It's fun but also solid. Predict a few broken controllers tbh.