What Was The Last Game You Played?

19QOS19

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Fallout 3. I thought it was fantastic and really enjoyed the open feel of the game. However, I was a bit annoyed at the end of the game as I couldn't continue and finish all the side quests - there were still huge expanses of the map I hadn't been anywhere near.

If I didn't have Fallout 4 I may have started a new playthrough and tried to have been as much of a dick as possible...

Just finished Fallout 3. I thought it was fantastic and really enjoyed the open feel of the game. However, I was a bit annoyed at the end of the game as I couldn't continue and finish all the side quests - there were still huge expanses of the map I hadn't been anywhere near.

If I didn't have Fallout 4 I may have started a new playthrough and tried to have been as much of a dick as possible...

^^^ didn't buy the DLC

^^^ didn't buy the DLC

Nah, kind of didn't even buy the game. Was playing the free copy that came with Fallout 4 for Xbox One. Sadly the DLCs didn't come with it...I'm not sure if they're backwards compatible yet either.

Nah, kind of didn't even buy the game. Was playing the free copy that came with Fallout 4 for Xbox One. Sadly the DLCs didn't come with it...I'm not sure if they're backwards compatible yet either.

Shame, there's some good stuff there. I think it's the Broken Steel DLC that lets you continue after the game's end, and you get to see how your decisions have affected the Wasteland. Think you also get to re-visit your vault too.

Then there's the one where you get to play through a Fifties sci-fi movie :lol:

Dark cloud. £11 on PSN. Loved this back in the day, beating the dungeons then getting to build your town back up.

Tried to find a disc version and it's like £60 pre-owned. mental.

I never liked this game. But it's sequel, Dark Chronicle, was a fucking masterpiece IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

Been playing the Uncharted Collection over the last couple of days. I'm on Chapter 14 of the first one and all I can say is that it's incredibly mediocre. You jump on ledges, go to a wide open area with conveniently place cover so you know that the enemies are coming, shoot people and then the process repeats with some puzzles in between. The only reason that I've not given up is that the 2nd one's meant to be excellent.

Been playing the Uncharted Collection over the last couple of days. I'm on Chapter 14 of the first one and all I can say is that it's incredibly mediocre. You jump on ledges, go to a wide open area with conveniently place cover so you know that the enemies are coming, shoot people and then the process repeats with some puzzles in between. The only reason that I've not given up is that the 2nd one's meant to be excellent.

I got the first one and completed it in one 8-9 hour sitting, piece of piss and did get repetitive. Still planning to pick up the second one based on reviews though.

I've sorted all my games out and got all the old consoles set up, planning to work through all the games I've never completed or haven't completed in years. Fired through WWF Attitude career mode for the PS1 in a couple of days and now playing NBA Jam: Tournament Edition on the Mega Drive for something easy before going to something that'll be a bit more immersive and time consuming.

Determined to persist with this idea and get through as many games as possible without reverting to GTA: San Andreas or an old Championship Manager for the millionth time.

Dark cloud. £11 on PSN. Loved this back in the day, beating the dungeons then getting to build your town back up.

Tried to find a disc version and it's like £60 pre-owned. mental.

I never liked this game. But it's sequel, Dark Chronicle, was a fucking masterpiece IMO.

Both of these are on sale for half price just now on psn. Was swithering about getting Dark Cloud as my one, despite still working fairly well freezes from time to time. Never actually played chronicle and from the footage I have seen on youtube I am not fully convinced it will be as good. Think I might end up buying both, especially getting both for half price.

finally got round to finishing fallout 4

now giving battlefront and halo masterchief collection a shot...

not bad

I've been playing Rainbow Six Siege on PS4 almost exclusively since December.  A 5v5 competitive online shooter.  Every single round plays out differently.  I rarely play games online now, but the strategic and tactical, scissors-paper-stone elements to it have had me hooked.  Only in the last couple of weeks, with most of my usual friends-list squad moving to The Division, have I really noticed how much I've played this.  I'm making an effort to getting through the rest of my backlog now.

Recently I played through Gunpoint on Steam, after picking it up on a sale last year.  2D stealth puzzler with noire themes.  I enjoyed it a lot and completed it in around 4 hours I think.  That was the perfect length for it - the levels were well designed but didn't vary that much by the end.

I spent most of the Easter weekend playing XCOM on Vita.  I vowed not to buy a new title in 2016 until I've cleared all the other games I own and haven't played, but I bought this again (for the fourth time on on a different platform!).  Having it on the Vita is very convenient and the face buttons make it a better experience than a pure touchscreen interface like on an iPad or phone.  There are big performance issues, but it's portable XCOM, the definitive turn-based strategy game (along with Advance Wars), so what's not to like.

Last night I started Her Story on Steam, which is difficult to describe but is wonderful and unlike anything else I've come across before.  And costs just a few quid.  The interface you have is set up like a mid-90s computer, with an interactive database program that allows you to search an archive of one woman's statements in police interviews, about her husband's death. Searching for key words brings up different clips that vary in length and content.  You don't come across them in the same order, so you have to piece together all of your thoughts and impressions from her statements to establish what the narrative is.  It can probably be completed in a handful of hours, but the time I've spent on it so far have been brilliant.  It's so well written, acted out and edited.  A must-try for anyone looking to try something else.

• 2 weeks later...