What Was The Last Game You Played?

19QOS19

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

Yeah I knew that was a missable one from my last time playing.

Dunno how long it would have taken otherwise. If you get Diablos at the earliest opportunity you could grind until Enc-None and as long as you had a few 100 mid-range magics you could plough through without too much trouble until you get the Ragnarok? At x3 speed maybe doable in under 10 hours.

The remaster has a no random battle option as well so diablos ability isn't needed, 

I dont mind plowing through the game again so long as its tracked my already gotten timber maniacs, so when i read the seed ship the trophy would ping, am i f**k doing the whole game again for one lousy mag though 😅😅

46 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

The remaster has a no random battle option as well so diablos ability isn't needed, 

I dont mind plowing through the game again so long as its tracked my already gotten timber maniacs, so when i read the seed ship the trophy would ping, am i f**k doing the whole game again for one lousy mag though 😅😅

I didn't bother reading half of them apart from the one on the SeeD Ship, then once I'd gotten the Ragnarok it just took me ten minutes to scoot around getting them all.

I was forgetting about the cheats. Aye you could turn off random battles then just use the other cheats during boss fights.

It's a great game, almost as good as VII and better than IX.

Edited by Gaz

I've set myself a soft challenge of beating VII through IX given I've hit disc 3 twice maybe even three times in my life, got to the end of disc one of VIII once about 15 years ago and currently at the train heist/ kidnap thing, and escaped Midgar in VII. 

For the amount of FF I've played from the age of 10 I find it mad I've only completed four of the games in my life. Especially when I've hit credits on FFX on three separate consoles and am halfway through my second playthrough of the VII Remake.

ETA: Then again I can just stick to the Square Enix games and complete Nier Automata for the second time. That game is so fucking cool. Best soundtrack as well.

Edited by NotThePars

I really struggled to get into Assassins Creed Unity so I’ve binned it for Battlefield 1. It’s right up my street but I’m finding it really tricky. Flying and shooting at the same time is murder but I’ve mastered driving the tank. I’m really shit at the combat side of things I keep getting killed by soldiers shooting me from behind without me noticing where I’m being shot from. The p***ks with the flame throwers just won’t die.

I’ve still got stories 3,4 and 5 to go but I think I’ll purchase the WW2 Battlefield game based on how much I’ve enjoyed the WW1 game.

On 08/02/2021 at 23:36, Gianfranco said:

I really struggled to get into Assassins Creed Unity so I’ve binned it for Battlefield 1. It’s right up my street but I’m finding it really tricky. Flying and shooting at the same time is murder but I’ve mastered driving the tank. I’m really shit at the combat side of things I keep getting killed by soldiers shooting me from behind without me noticing where I’m being shot from. The p***ks with the flame throwers just won’t die.

I’ve still got stories 3,4 and 5 to go but I think I’ll purchase the WW2 Battlefield game based on how much I’ve enjoyed the WW1 game.

Unity is the poorest AC.

Got the platinum on FF8 earlier 😁

Just had a quick shot of a free game called Crsed.

Know nothing about it other than it's a battle royals, looks stylish, played one game and was running around having no clue what was going on, my character was naked and I just had a shank. Found a jetpack and an IV Drip 😂

Spent 10 minutes running around looking for someone, realised it was 8 and had to log out of my work laptop, left the game for 60 seconds came back and was dead. 

Only 10 mins in but it reminded me of first time trying H1 and Fortnite, could be good fun I've everybody stays shite at the game. 

I'm on Disc 3 of FFIX. Well, I'm on the PS4, but where Disc 3 would be.

By f**k, it's slooooooooooow. The battles are mind-numbingly slow. Thank f**k for the fast forward option otherwise I think I'd have lost all patience with it.

Sure I read an article about it a few years ago that said it was so slow because graphically it was so far ahead of FFVII that they had to slow it down so the PlayStation could handle it.

I'm on Disc 3 of FFIX. Well, I'm on the PS4, but where Disc 3 would be.
By f**k, it's slooooooooooow. The battles are mind-numbingly slow. Thank f**k for the fast forward option otherwise I think I'd have lost all patience with it.
Sure I read an article about it a few years ago that said it was so slow because graphically it was so far ahead of FFVII that they had to slow it down so the PlayStation could handle it.

Someone posted a video on Twitter of a battle loading in and I think it took 12 seconds from when the screen went dark for it to load in. Amazing stuff. It’s why I don’t feel bad for shoving on 9999 and going to fight the big thunder dragons for easy xp.

I think I might be near you in the game. Just got the Blue Narciss and hoovered up all the chocographs and on my way to kick Kuja’s head in.

Ten having a lack of world map was totally fine for me, as the story and characters were absolutely brilliant. They packed in a lot for the PS2 at the time. 

I loved the battle system for it and I don't care if it wasn't "realistic" or not, it worked and above all it was fun. 

50 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

10 over 8 and 6, how dare you, 10 was so linear, after years of being able to explore world maps etc, 10 basically said "fucking go here or else" lol

X was no more linear than any of the rest of them. The rest of the games felt open world but they weren't really - there was very much a set path you had to follow until you got an airship. X was the same. The only difference was that instead of manually flying the airship yourself you just selected where you wanted to go.

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

X was no more linear than any of the rest of them. The rest of the games felt open world but they weren't really - there was very much a set path you had to follow until you got an airship. X was the same. The only difference was that instead of manually flying the airship yourself you just selected where you wanted to go.

Not really, 7 and 8 (canny mind 9 for some reason, need to maybe play it again) allowed you some freedom on the world map early doors (7 you were walking but at least you could go places, then you had the seaplane then the highwind, 8 you could rent cars or walk right after the escape from timber, and go place etc) 

To me ten felt like it was a one track game, you could deviate from the path and even the world map only giving you a few locations to go to