What Was The Last Game You Played?

19QOS19

Been playing Anno 1800 after picking it up for £6 from the Epic Store with a voucher.
Really enjoying it so far, definitely one of those games where your constantly spinning plates but not overwhelming you at the same time thankfully.
As an aside I signed up for Geforce Now (£25 for 6 months) and have to say I'm pretty impressed with it so far, using it on my laptop which usually struggles with all but the most basic games due to on board graphics but get fantastic results with Geforce Now, Anno 1800 and Kingdom Come Deliverance play great.
Hopefully they'll expand the game library over time.

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

Downloaded the final fantasy 8 remaster on the ps store, 8 quid is a cracking price for my favourite ff game 

Now to play triple triad for about 8hrs straight 

Must say I like that the remasters have the invincibility and 3x times speed options for making the inevitable grinding less of a chore.

14 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Must say I like that the remasters have the invincibility and 3x times speed options for making the inevitable grinding less of a chore.

Yeah, wish they had some way to remove card rules though, fucking hate the closed and random rule, an absolute b*****d

I know you can add and remove rules via moving between areas, but its still kinda random 😂😂

On 31/12/2020 at 17:53, yoda said:

After watching The Mandalorian and The Clone Wars, I was curious to try out Jedi: Fallen Order on the PS4.

It's not great. Despite being a year old it's still a bit buggy and the loading times are ridiculous (plus there's a ludicrous amount of in-game loading that brings the game to a shuddering halt at times). Some of the game looks stunning - the backgrounds on Ilum and Zeffo are great - but the characters spend large chunks of time looking as though they've been stuck on rather than actual parts of the game.

The combat is clunky and despite relying heavily on parrying enemy attacks, the parrying is rubbish (compare and contrast to God Of War and its parry/attack combat which flows really well). But despite that, there's something immensely satisfying about Force pulling a helpless stormtrooper towards you and blasting your lightsaber right through his chest.

The only thing that kept me coming back to the game was the story. I liked it a lot and the character of Cal Kestis was interesting enough to keep me somewhat invested in finishing the game. And the developers and EA do deserve some credit for making a single-player game that doesn't feel like a gateway into online play and microtransactions. Having said that, it does feel like a massive waste of potential - give me a God Of War style Star Wars game, you shits!

Overall: a nice change of pace from the mammoth open world games I've sunk too many hours into this year, and I enjoyed the story; but the gameplay was mostly dreadful and if it wasn't for The Mandalorian and The Clone Wars I'd have chucked it within the first three hours.

this is disappointing. I got Star Wars fever recently too and was thinking about this game

Yeah, wish they had some way to remove card rules though, fucking hate the closed and random rule, an absolute b*****d
I know you can add and remove rules via moving between areas, but its still kinda random [emoji23][emoji23]
It's a massive pain in the arse to remove random from areas, even with the card queen.

I don't like the invincibility option. It's too tempting when in a dangerous situation or to get an easy limit break. 

I haven’t played it too much but it was a godsend for FFVII a few months ago when the game would randomly crash. I lost about an hour or so of gameplay at Shinra HQ because of it. Sod going through that again without being able to rapid fire through battles.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

I haven’t played it too much but it was a godsend for FFVII a few months ago when the game would randomly crash. I lost about an hour or so of gameplay at Shinra HQ because of it. Sod going through that again without being able to rapid fire through battles.

3x speed is great for that though, I'm currently at the part where you first go to Edea's house so been spamming Cactuar battles to get all of my GF's abilities unlocked which would have normally taken hours.

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
On 02/01/2021 at 19:13, 54_and_counting said:
I know you can add and remove rules via moving between areas, but its still kinda random emoji23.pngemoji23.png

It's a massive pain in the arse to remove random from areas, even with the card queen.

Aye, especially trying to get squall card from edea at her house, 

13 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

this is disappointing. I got Star Wars fever recently too and was thinking about this game

Ignore him. You can critique any game in such a way, I got into Star Wars just before this game came out and loved it. 

Tbf, the last mission was some of the most fun and excitement I've had playing a game in a while. And as I said, I enjoyed the story.

If you can get it cheap then it's probably worth picking up. I just found it a bit too clunky and glitchy to really enjoy all the way through. 

55 minutes ago, yoda said:

Tbf, the last mission was some of the most fun and excitement I've had playing a game in a while. And as I said, I enjoyed the story.

If you can get it cheap then it's probably worth picking up. I just found it a bit too clunky and glitchy to really enjoy all the way through. 

It's free if you've got Game Pass thanks to the EA Play link up or if you've got EA Play on Playstation

I got it for £18.99 last week. I'm still pretty close to the beginning, but I'm enjoying it so far. Playing on the highest difficulty and it can be pretty tough when there's different types of enemies coming at you at the one time.

On 02/01/2021 at 18:58, NotThePars said:

Wheres the invincibility option, just out of curiosity because i seen the no random battles option, (kinda pointless given thats how you level up) 

Wheres the invincibility option, just out of curiosity because i seen the no random battles option, (kinda pointless given thats how you level up) 

Click in one of or both the analog sticks (each separate analog and both have a different option). if you’re on PC I have no idea.