East Region South Division Thread 2014-2015

Burnie_man

As you say it's largely the same squad as last year with a couple of additions, none that I've really ever heard of so can't comment if they are any good. They were quite a bit away from competing last year so hopefully these additions and a new management team can help them take the next step. Personally, I'm not sure they will be as strong as whitburn and blackburn but look at Edinburgh last year so it's very hard to say.

I think its too much to expect that Dunbar will compete for promotion this season - like you say they were miles away last year. Don't know much about the new additions either, but its clear that the club is in real financial trouble (there was an article in one of the local rags last week) so I doubt there is much money to throw about to attract new players. I actually think it was a clever move by the incoming committee with the managerial appointment, as I also felt that most of last years squad would have left but the nucleus has been kept. The fact he is actually signing new players is a big step forward from the previous manager who seemed incapable of attracting players. Interesting times.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its too much to expect that Dunbar will compete for promotion this season - like you say they were miles away last year. Don't know much about the new additions either, but its clear that the club is in real financial trouble (there was an article in one of the local rags last week) so I doubt there is much money to throw about to attract new players. I actually think it was a clever move by the incoming committee with the managerial appointment, as I also felt that most of last years squad would have left but the nucleus has been kept. The fact he is actually signing new players is a big step forward from the previous manager who seemed incapable of attracting players. Interesting times.

Well I am certainly not tipping Dunbar to go up, just a bit optimistic like every new season for my sins. In relation to the squad, surprised that certain people stayed and more surprised by others who have left. Still additions to be made so a bit early to make much of a judgement.

Well I am certainly not tipping Dunbar to go up, just a bit optimistic like every new season for my sins. In relation to the squad, surprised that certain people stayed and more surprised by others who have left. Still additions to be made so a bit early to make much of a judgement.

Who are you surprised has left and who are you surprised stayed?

Who are you surprised has left and who are you surprised stayed?

I'm surprised that John Morgan and Kevin Lees have both left. Expected those two to remain at the club. In relation to the guys that stayed, there are a few for a number of different reasons, but effectively does not matter as they have signed and hopefully we can push on and at least get a bit of consistency this season. As you say new signings have been made which was a must as we had to freshen things up.

I'm surprised that John Morgan and Kevin Lees have both left. Expected those two to remain at the club. In relation to the guys that stayed, there are a few for a number of different reasons, but effectively does not matter as they have signed and hopefully we can push on and at least get a bit of consistency this season. As you say new signings have been made which was a must as we had to freshen things up.

I am lead to believe that both were offered contracts. Morgan chose to wait to see where Davy Lees ended up and Lees decided agianst another year for personal reasons. However I am unsure of the accuracy here.

IMHO Morgan got sent off too many times for daft things- bit of a liability that way.

Would always give everything for the team though. Last season apart he has been a great stalwart for the club. However I'll stop looking at the past and look to the future. I wonder why Cammy removed his post.

Would always give everything for the team though. Last season apart he has been a great stalwart for the club. However I'll stop looking at the past and look to the future. I wonder why Cammy removed his post.

Your right that is 2 posts cammy has removed......

As for Morgan,Lees and all the rest, you are right time to move on.

Really?

Average goals conceded last year was approximately 3 per game. Who are the new guys? When did you watch them to form such an opinion?

I am glad there is new faces. Freshen up the squad.

kevin carter and darryl wilson are good players but having played against them i would say john morgan was more experianced and i personally would have made sure he was one of the first players i kept. after all he wasnt club captain for no reason. Dunbars loss will be another teams gain im sure. although yes it must be exciting for dunbar seeing new players

Fair point. Like I said earlier in a post, I believe he was offered terms but chose to stay loyal to the previous manager. That loyalty means he might be out of football for a while. You can't blame a new manager for not wanting a player intent on reminiscing on the past.

Fair point. Like I said earlier in a post, I believe he was offered terms but chose to stay loyal to the previous manager. That loyalty means he might be out of football for a while. You can't blame a new manager for not wanting a player intent on reminiscing on the past.

i believe he has a coaching/playing role at pencaitland

I didn't mean to delete the posts, and I couldn't be bothered writing them again. I agree, changes have been made and time to move forward. And before you ask again, yes I have deleted a post about John Morgan being asked to sign cos I can't be bothered getting into arguments anymore. If the boy that replied knows different he can come back on and advise everyone who heard the same as me.

john isnt at pencaitland dont know where that has came from. and cammy before you come on and shout your mouth off about people getting asked to sign and other things make sure you know all the story. . the thing i will agree on is its time for dunbar to move forward.

heard he was heading up there for training. still think he will be a loss to dunbar been a great servent. dont know what the new signing are like either but hope they do well. got the necleus of a good team. tattie will be a good captain now and he sets a really high standard on and off the pitch. his jumpers some time leave alot to be desired tho :thumbsdown:lol:

john isnt at pencaitland dont know where that has came from. and cammy before you come on and shout your mouth off about people getting asked to sign and other things make sure you know all the story. . the thing i will agree on is its time for dunbar to move forward.

So are you saying he wasn't asked to sign.?

Archived