East Region South Division Thread 2014-2015

Burnie_man

I thought the game at New Murrayfield Park or as the excellent match programme called it, the Dem-master Community Stadium? was a pretty decent, competitive affair between two sides that are more likely to be in the top half of the league than the bottom half come the end of the season. Blackburn will most definitely be kicking themselves for the host of good first half chances they missed the usually deadly McQuillan just seemed completely out of luck in front of goal - and the Dunbar keeper will surely have had a fair few slaps on the back once he was back in the dressing room for his save that pushed a last minute effort onto the bar to ensure all three points went east. Dunbar looked a well organised side who play the game at a good tempo and who, from fewer chances, scored the goals that won it. They have an excellent striker in the shape of the No.9 (I presume he is Sam Young?) whose movement was first class.

Interesting that the match reports on the respective Club websites are pretty similar. That usually means they are pretty accurate too!

Was a great save from Connor at the end, yes no. 9 is Sam Young

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor finishing cost us, although it was definitely hand ball in the box and the ref was best placed of anyone to decide if it was deliberate or not. One Dunbar fan was getting quite upset calling the ref a cheat, I guess Junior fitba attracts all sorts.

I never heard that fan, did anyone film this game burnie man? Anywhere to see the video if so? I've seen the odd video of Blackburn games on YouTube before

I never heard that fan, did anyone film this game burnie man? Anywhere to see the video if so? I've seen the odd video of Blackburn games on YouTube before

He was hanging over the barrier in front of the enclosure, an older gentleman. The game was filmed although who knows how long it will be till its available!

He was hanging over the barrier in front of the enclosure, an older gentleman. The game was filmed although who knows how long it will be till its available!

Ok, if you could let me know if you find out when/if its available thanks

Last night

Blackburn Utd 2 Whitburn Bluebell U21 1

Tonight

Haddington Athletic 4 Tynecastle U21's 6

Dunbar Utd 1 Dalkeith Th 6

I went and watched the Haddington game tonight and was very disappointed with them. Tynecastle were the better side, young quick and sharp. On this showing there's no way Haddington will win the league. I was toying with the idea of Haddington or Dunbar but looks like I should have went to watch Tranent, typical.

I went and watched the Haddington game tonight and was very disappointed with them. Tynecastle were the better side, young quick and sharp. On this showing there's no way Haddington will win the league. I was toying with the idea of Haddington or Dunbar but looks like I should have went to watch Tranent, typical.

hope you introduced yourself to maxx

I see Falkirk Juniors have posted they're playing Haddington Athletic at Falkirk's stadium, apparently Grangemouth stadium is getting work done to the track around the pitch and they're not allowed to use the football pitch for health and safety.

Mighty generous of them to be letting in Shire and Falkirk season ticket holders for half price lol :P I think i'll go along. Should be a good game as I hear Falkirk are playing really nice football but just can't convert it into goals, and Haddington are off to a great start.

Only going with what I've been told but I work with someone that plays with Tranent . The goalie has left due to work commitments and I'm led to believe the other 2 were not seen as being in first 11 and were told they were released . None of the 3 played against preston last night

Only going with what I've been told but I work with someone that plays with Tranent . The goalie has left due to work commitments and I'm led to believe the other 2 were not seen as being in first 11 and were told they were released . None of the 3 played against preston last night

well i played last night. Dan was in the stand coz he was carrying a knock form the wknd. everyone knows andy works away during the week but trains with kilwinning. Feegs was released but had 45 mins for preston last night as a trialist for Preston. Kinda duff info you got there mate, if you do work with someone who plays for tranent he must be walking about the changing rooms wi ear plugs in.

Archived