East Region South Division Thread 2014-2015

Burnie_man

Wouldn't argue with that assumption Burnie_Man.

The intended destination was Dundonald but somehow I typed Crossgates post code in the sat nav. Thankfully they were at home. A senior moment I think.

Had it not been for the Crossgates keeper your man Lurinski could have ended up scoring six. I thought you should have been 4-0 up at the break had it not been for two great saves. I actually thought Referee had a decent game but I would agree with regards to the second goal. It wasn't as though the United goalkeeper had been time wasting all game. A little warning to speed it up would have sufficed but it was some finish.

A really exciting finish at the end. Would have been a travesty if Blackburn didn't take all three points but what a fight back from the Primrose.

Really enjoyed my visit to Humbug Park, the steak burger will take some beating this season.

Aye the free kick was baffling, fair enough if he had been at it all game, but he hadn't and I don't think it was intentional time wasting either and at most he held onto the ball for maybe 10 seconds. It happens umpteen times in every game out there. Great finish from the Crossgates guy though. As you say, game should have been over by then anyway, but much improved from Wednesday nights debacle so just happy of the three points to get us underway.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

stoneyburn 0 rosyth 2 , 2 goals on his debut from jason penman , we played well the first half but only went in 1 up , the second half we were poor and let stoneyburn back in the game and were lucky not to concede when we made a mistake at the back but held on and got number 2 with 10 to go and really should have scored 2 near the end. we only won 1 away game last year so happy we kept a clean sheet and ground out a result, got to say the stoneyburn goalie is quality.

I've seen him about 10 times and he has scored Everytime. Heard Dalkeith were interested in him before the start of the season. Knew he was from stenton the other was a guess. Is he a farmer or something like that? Seen an advertisement with him selling logs and things.

Not sure about Dalkeith but it wouldn't surprise me, I know he had one or two offers,but was keen to have another shot at getting promoted with Dunbar if possible being his local team, he's a self employed forester and your correct about his log advertisements too, also works on the farms during harvest to help out when required

Haddington played Whitburn off the park in the first half but the wind helped saying that if the ref never made a horrid offside decision it could have been 3-2 at half time.

Second half Whitburn came more into the game and if Jordan Bain had taken his chance I am sure it would have been a completely different game.

How haddington never had a man sent off near the end only the referee knows why. It was a bad 2 footed tackle that let Bain needing to be carried off yet the ref gave a bounce ball. Even Haddington players where shocked that no even a free kick came from it.

Haddington looked very good overall but Whitburn never really pressured them.

If the burnie are going to do anything I think they need another centre half and central midfielder.

Good game next Saturday away to high flying Rosyth.

West Calder 2 Tranent 2 . Fair result on the outcome but Tranent will b kicking themselves conceding a soft goal in the last minute.

2 poor goals Tranent lost today in all honesty .

How was tranents performance on saturday ? Was it the same team that started against Dunbar or were new faces brought in ?

was surprised to see the result considering west calder took 3 off blackburn and tranent were so bad against Dunbar

There were 4 or 5 changes made from the team that played against Dunbar .

It was a case of points dropped for Tranent tho as West Calder scored in the last few mins after Tranent done well to get infront after being 1-0 down .

There were 4 or 5 changes made from the team that played against Dunbar .

It was a case of points dropped for Tranent tho as West Calder scored in the last few mins after Tranent done well to get infront after being 1-0 down .

Does any one know who scored for Tranent?

Archived