East Region South Division Thread 2014-2015

Burnie_man

spaniel, can you no read pal!!

Let me explain thicko,

I said "Jerry"

You then said "Springer" ie Jerry Springer -word association.

I then said " Spaniel" ie Springer Spaniel"

You replied with " can you no read pal"

Definitely Jerry

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obi - up front I think Dunbar will be ok but imho need to get the ball out wide more and quicker. Middle of the park they did ok bossed it well but not sure how they will cope against better opposition. At the back they didn't have to much to worry about but they need to work on being tighter they did get beat a few times when trying to claim offside and need to play to the ref's whistlem can't say much about the keeper as wasn't troubled to much but dealt well with the few chances Tranent had.

Let me explain thicko,

I said "Jerry"

You then said "Springer" ie Jerry Springer -word association.

I then said " Spaniel" ie Springer Spaniel"

You replied with " can you no read pal"

Definitely Jerry

only asked you if you could read ya welt, diny need to explain your pish banter to me, I got it!

Obi - up front I think Dunbar will be ok but imho need to get the ball out wide more and quicker. Middle of the park they did ok bossed it well but not sure how they will cope against better opposition. At the back they didn't have to much to worry about but they need to work on being tighter they did get beat a few times when trying to claim offside and need to play to the ref's whistlem can't say much about the keeper as wasn't troubled to much but dealt well with the few chances Tranent had.

Thanks.

I just hope we are better than the last few seasons, which a cup run aside has been awful to watch and endure. The squad has certainly changed and got bigger so I guess its a case of seeing what happens in the coming months. It is the manager's first time in this position and has come very quickly after his retirement from playing so I guess expectations should be aligned with that reality.

Blackburn United 0 West Calder Utd 3

As good as Burnie were on Saturday against Armadale, it was night and day with this performance, still lacking a number of players there was only one change to the starting line-up. A fairly even first have saw few clear cut chances until the stroke of half time when Gavin McQuillan in the Cauther goal first denied his brother Andy and blocked Fraser Spence's follow-up, it should have been 1-0, but as often happens Cauther go up the park and score a 20 yard screamer in injury time to change the balance.

Second half an early scrambled goal from a corner had Cauther in easy street and they wrapped up the points with 20 to go for a deserved win. Blackburn will need to improve dramatically, and get players back off holiday and the treatment table to get three points against Crossgates on Saturday.

How did Calder look,who scored ?

Crossgates 2 Blackburn United 3

Harder than it should have been for Burnie, two up inside 15 minutes through two well taken goals from Trialist, it could have been more with Primrose rarely threatening. Midway through the second half Crossgates get a goal out of nothing with their first serious effort on goal, then a few minutes later are handed their second on a plate by the referee who gives a free kick for time wasting against the GK which was frankly ludicrous and they convert. With 11 minutes left Trialist chips the keeper from a lovely through ball to win the game and it could and maybe should have been more with the Primrose keeper making some excellent saves, but the three points will do.

Whitburn 2 Haddington 4

Easy win for Haddington. Going on what I've seen in the first two games Whitburn, won't finish in the top half, never mind the top two. Very disappointing that there is no improvement since last season.

Crossgates 2 Blackburn United 3

Harder than it should have been for Burnie, two up inside 15 minutes through two well taken goals from Trialist, it could have been more with Primrose rarely threatening. Midway through the second half Crossgates get a goal out of nothing with their first serious effort on goal, then a few minutes later are handed their second on a plate by the referee who gives a free kick for time wasting against the GK which was frankly ludicrous and they convert. With 11 minutes left Trialist chips the keeper from a lovely through ball to win the game and it could and maybe should have been more with the Primrose keeper making some excellent saves, but the three points will do.

Wouldn't argue with that assumption Burnie_Man.

The intended destination was Dundonald but somehow I typed Crossgates post code in the sat nav. Thankfully they were at home. A senior moment I think.

Had it not been for the Crossgates keeper your man Lurinski could have ended up scoring six. I thought you should have been 4-0 up at the break had it not been for two great saves. I actually thought Referee had a decent game but I would agree with regards to the second goal. It wasn't as though the United goalkeeper had been time wasting all game. A little warning to speed it up would have sufficed but it was some finish.

A really exciting finish at the end. Would have been a travesty if Blackburn didn't take all three points but what a fight back from the Primrose.

Really enjoyed my visit to Humbug Park, the steak burger will take some beating this season.

Whitburn 2 Haddington 4

Easy win for Haddington. Going on what I've seen in the first two games Whitburn, won't finish in the top half, never mind the top two. Very disappointing that there is no improvement since last season.

What were Haddington like?

What were Haddington like?

It's hard to say as Whitburn were so bad, but they moved the ball about well and were comfortable for most of the game. I would say they don't look as good as Edinburgh did early on last season if that's any guide.

Archived