East Region South Division Thread 2014-2015

Burnie_man

congratulations falkirk a well run club

whos facilities and hospitality will be a welcome addition next season and hard lines rosyth think lee will agree the best team won and deserve there promotion

Defiantly as I have said for a while that the run the Falkirk lads have been on has been outstanding and they deserve to go up,am going to miss the soup at the Grangemouth stadium ,think I was there 5 weeks on the trot watching them congratulation again from all at Rosyth

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defiantly as I have said for a while that the run the Falkirk lads have been on has been outstanding and they deserve to go up,am going to miss the soup at the Grangemouth stadium ,think I was there 5 weeks on the trot watching them congratulation again from all at Rosyth

Just stop supporting rosyth and start following Falkirk number 4!

All the soup you can have! First one is on me.. Lol

Rosyth 0 Dunbar 3

Game of 2 halfs with the wind,we found our selfs 2 nil down at half time to a Dunbar team that out fought us and out played us.second half we were the better team but Dunbar defensively were brilliant and there goalie was outstanding ,we missed a pen as well,well done to Dunbar the deserved there win.

Congratulations to Falkirk on getting promotion ,as I have said before the run they have been on they deserve to go up.well done

Always very fair in your assessment's. The wind was obviously a major factor yesterday for both teams. H/T at 2-0 and you had the sitter from about 3 yards out that was put over the bar and the penalty miss. Either one goes in and it's a whole new game. Dunbar had a lot to prove after last week and unfortunately for Rosyth it was you guys up next. A great season for Rosyth, very unlucky to just fall short due to an exceptional Falkirk run but should be proud of how far you have come from last season.

I would also point out your left back majorly let his team mates down yesterday, what was he thinking? Red mist.

Congratulations Falkirk, what a turnaround from the start of the season. I hope you enjoyed your celebrations last night. I hope we can put an end to this run next week.

Touch a nerve? You clearly don't have a degree in English!

Geoff's dad and his goons forced the last manager out. Without the foundations he laid for that team over the past few years Geoff would never have got anywhere this season. All the best players are boys the previous regime brought to the club. Sam Young, Connor Wood, Steven Tait etc, and they are the ones Geoff is so quick to re-sign. So quick to judge the previous boss but Geoff gets off scot free. Never made the game today but glad they done well. I have no problem whatsoever with the current management but feel he has some way to go to match the last one. IMHO!!!

What has Geoff got off with like.? You say he has a long way to go to match the previous manager, as far as the stats go, he has done just as well in 10 months, as we did under the years of the previous regime. We all know ,except you maybe, who brought the so called better players to the club and as for foundations laid, the club almost folded under the previous regime. When the club was at it's worst , some of the current committee offered to go back on, but despite the offer being accepted, it was made clear who didn't want their help and from there it got worse. You certainly seem to have a problem with the manager and his dad, what's his dad got to do with anything, as sunnydunny says ,the club is run by a committee and his dad is just a member and we should be grateful for what these guys have done. You say people were quick to judge the previous manager, I don't think as quick as you have done to Geoff. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and mine is to give the boy a chance, let's see where we are in a couple of seasons and if we haven't moved forward, then we can all have a moan together.

Can I just ask the Dunbar supporters on here that ain't happy with the current manager, what is it exactly you expect your team to achieve? Are Dunbar a side that should just be expecting promotion or is challenging for the league acceptable? Serious question as I'm not entirely sure of the clubs expectation rather than their ambitions.

Can I just ask the Dunbar supporters on here that ain't happy with the current manager, what is it exactly you expect your team to achieve? Are Dunbar a side that should just be expecting promotion or is challenging for the league acceptable? Serious question as I'm not entirely sure of the clubs expectation rather than their ambitions.

There's only one person having a go. I would think the majority of Dunbar supporters are happy enough, but like any other team, would like to see us challenging, but NOT expecting promotion, if it happens ,great, if we can improve year on year, then we will get closer. We have great facilities and would love to be able to entertain the top teams, but we are a long way off that and at this moment the club has stabilised off the field and hopefully the new manager can take us that bit closer.

There's only one person having a go. I would think the majority of Dunbar supporters are happy enough, but like any other team, would like to see us challenging, but NOT expecting promotion, if it happens ,great, if we can improve year on year, then we will get closer. We have great facilities and would love to be able to entertain the top teams, but we are a long way off that and at this moment the club has stabilised off the field and hopefully the new manager can take us that bit closer.

Of course every teams ambition is to play at the top and rightly so. I was just wondering if you'd thought you were underachieving or that as saw few posts now moaning about manager (you say it's only 1 poster tho so more likely a gripe for one reason or another). Facilities at Dunbar are really good, played their couple of times with Oakley and lochore and was impressed by them. If you's can keep progressing year after year then it's only matter of time before you gain promotion to premier as don't seem million miles away just now. Good luck with the challenge. Nothing wrong with fans/clubs bring ambitious but need to be realistic also was my only point.

My gripe as you call it is not aimed at the current manager, but the folk on here who insist he is faultless. You have short memories. Was offered the chance to stay at Dunbar but turned his back on the manager. No coincidence that when David resigned due to the impending arrival of the 'old' committee Geoff strolled back to the club with not a word said. What about when David joined the club? Previous manager to him had blown the lot and left him to find a team with no cash. Luckily the man had ate, slept and breathed Dunbar Utd for 20 years and knew the abilty of the kids of Dunbar to make a good team. Players like Steven Tait (captain now) Kevin Lees, John Johnston to name a few. The way he gets abused on this forum is a disgrace. Not an opinion on his managerial skills, but a personal attack.

My gripe as you call it is not aimed at the current manager, but the folk on here who insist he is faultless. You have short memories. Was offered the chance to stay at Dunbar but turned his back on the manager. No coincidence that when David resigned due to the impending arrival of the 'old' committee Geoff strolled back to the club with not a word said. What about when David joined the club? Previous manager to him had blown the lot and left him to find a team with no cash. Luckily the man had ate, slept and breathed Dunbar Utd for 20 years and knew the abilty of the kids of Dunbar to make a good team. Players like Steven Tait (captain now) Kevin Lees, John Johnston to name a few. The way he gets abused on this forum is a disgrace. Not an opinion on his managerial skills, but a personal attack.

First year as a manager in Junior football, I think he has done not too badly. It's not as easy as you seem to think, He also lost his assistant part of the way through the season.

How long was Lees in the post?

Give Geoff that amount of time and then compare him to Lees, judging him in his first season is a bit harsh.

Saying that, you're still entitled to your opinion.

Of course every teams ambition is to play at the top and rightly so. I was just wondering if you'd thought you were underachieving or that as saw few posts now moaning about manager (you say it's only 1 poster tho so more likely a gripe for one reason or another). Facilities at Dunbar are really good, played their couple of times with Oakley and lochore and was impressed by them. If you's can keep progressing year after year then it's only matter of time before you gain promotion to premier as don't seem million miles away just now. Good luck with the challenge. Nothing wrong with fans/clubs bring ambitious but need to be realistic also was my only point.

Cheers Victor,

What has Geoff got off with like.? You say he has a long way to go to match the previous manager, as far as the stats go, he has done just as well in 10 months, as we did under the years of the previous regime. We all know ,except you maybe, who brought the so called better players to the club and as for foundations laid, the club almost folded under the previous regime. When the club was at it's worst , some of the current committee offered to go back on, but despite the offer being accepted, it was made clear who didn't want their help and from there it got worse. You certainly seem to have a problem with the manager and his dad, what's his dad got to do with anything, as sunnydunny says ,the club is run by a committee and his dad is just a member and we should be grateful for what these guys have done. You say people were quick to judge the previous manager, I don't think as quick as you have done to Geoff. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and mine is to give the boy a chance, let's see where we are in a couple of seasons and if we haven't moved forward, then we can all have a moan together.

Of course Geoff would be speaking to players. He was the Captain at the time. The players he was talking to were all David's old players and the only reason they came was because of him, not Geoff.

I could understand Geoff leaving Dunbar for Haddington if Dunbar didn't offer him anything but to suggest he is a loyal one club man is extreme!!

Obvious choice? Really? Not very ambitious to replace an experienced manager and recognised SFA coaching instructor with a novice in management. I have no problem with Malcolm but would Geoff be the obvious choice if he wasn't involved in the committee?

Again just my opinion. Its a forum for it after all.

Of course Geoff would be speaking to players. He was the Captain at the time. The players he was talking to were all David's old players and the only reason they came was because of him, not Geoff.

I could understand Geoff leaving Dunbar for Haddington if Dunbar didn't offer him anything but to suggest he is a loyal one club man is extreme!!

Obvious choice? Really? Not very ambitious to replace an experienced manager and recognised SFA coaching instructor with a novice in management. I have no problem with Malcolm but would Geoff be the obvious choice if he wasn't involved in the committee?

we have all been novices at sometime and its great that some clubs give young managers a chance as sometimes a change in thinking and direction are good for clubs, i don't know davie so can't comment on his coaching ability but really like the way geoff handles himself at the side of the park and had a good bleather with him after we played them and he seems a good guy, so give him a chance

I accept your points and respect different opinions that's why football is unique. I don't agree with ur opinions but that's fine. You clearly have a problem with Geoff which I think is clouding your views and judgements here but that's just my opinion. You are questioning his integrity which I think is harsh and very unfair.

Quick question Obi. Do you feel that the way David has been treated on this forum is fair? I think you have a real problem with him and it is pretty personal!! You judge my views but fail to look at your own and the other Dunbar followers on here.

That is a fair comment. I don't think any of this is fair on either party if I am honest.

Was asked to post this for Geoff jones Dunbar united manager...

Under normal circumstances I would not respond to comments made on a public forum, but in light of the recent topic of discussion on this thread I feel it is now right to set the record straight.

Firstly, I have known Davie Lees for over 20 years and only last night enjoyed a cup of tea and chat with him on various topics. He attended my wedding day, was one of the first people to visit me and the family following the birth of my children - he was even my wingman and protector on my stag do which was littered with reprobates intent on carrying out the usual stag pranks. On the footballing side he was my manager for 5 years at Dunbar United where I successfully played as his captain for all but one year of his spell at the club. During this time I it should be noted that nobody worked harder than Davie to help improve everything within the club, which was at a very low ebb at the time of his appointment. I did my best to support him during this period which I hope he feels was always done in his best interests. He should be held in high regard by club supporters for this effort and commitment alone. Haddington Athletic will benefit greatly from Davie's expertise next season.

My decision to leave Dunbar United as a player was for personal reasons, and I have absolutely no regrets. I spent the season watching and learning from another highly qualified coach in Stevie McLeish and made many new friends and contacts, all of which have been to the benefit of Dunbar United this season. I hope that I contributed a little to the team as well.

As has been correctly mentioned, upon accepting the managers job here at Dunbar United I inherited an excellent group of players from Davie and their commitment cannot and should not be questioned. Without these foundations my first season as a manager would have been made much harder. It is my view that the players I added to supplement last years squad have improved the quality of the playing staff. We have a new and extremely hard working committee who have succeeded in getting the club back on its feet, and they have been a pleasure to work with this season and long may it continue. The future looks very bright but there is much work to do.

However it has still been an extremely difficult baptism into football management, the various reasons for which I will not discuss on an open forum. Unfortunately things have transpired which has affected my friendship with Davie, which I can only hope is repaired over time. I have done my best to conduct myself professionally and without agenda this season and whether or not I am the right man to take Dunbar United forward will I am sure be the topic of further debate over the next year or so. Mistakes have been made but they have been made honestly, and the lessons from them have been learned and in some cases learned harshly. We have a plan to take the club forward and nobody is working harder than me and my staff to try and reach our first goal of promotion to the Premier League. Ahead of next season we have identified a small group of players who would contribute significantly to the squad already signed and I can only hope we convince them to join over the coming weeks.

Dunbar United must now start to look forward rather than back. Davies tenure here is over and I would ask that all supporters and staff now leave the past where it belongs and allow everybody to move forward with a clean slate and optimism for the 2015-2016 season.

I look forward to seeing all supporters at our last home game this weekend and hope for continued, excellent support next season.

Geoff Jones, Manager

Dunbar United FC

Archived