East Region South Division Thread 2014-2015

Burnie_man

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

where do they play gents?

on a windswept plateau at the back of the former mining village of Easthouses which is up the road from Newtongrange. They've improved their ground considerably in recent seasons and even have THE DEVIL'S ILLUMINATION but that won't matter for Junior football!

post-12982-0-56999300-1429048790_thumb.j

Does this mean this could save Lochore from dropping into the South Division?

As it stands after promotion of the top two, and admission of Easthouses, we'll have 13 clubs in the South. If Bathgate avoid the drop from the Premier then I think you need to look at moving one or two clubs over.

If Glenrothes go down you'd imagine they would got North. I think Coupar Angus are coming back to the North next season as well.

Would Lochore not fancy a switch anyway?

Would Lochore not fancy a switch anyway?

I was under the impression that Lochore were initially happy to go into the North because they perceived it was an "easier" division than the South. Not sure what their viewpoint is now, though.

I was under the impression that Lochore were initially happy to go into the North because they perceived it was an "easier" division than the South. Not sure what their viewpoint is now, though.

Yeah that was my thoughts, both them and Kirkcaldy might be happier to move to the South regardless. Not sure what the Region's opinion is of clubs requesting to be moved. As long as the number are fairly even across both divisions I don't see why not.

so coupar angus take a year out and can just come back straight into the north league and the fife clubs will move back and forward wherever there told to season after season depending on who stay who goes whos relegated whos promoted what a fecking joke

Yip absolutely, that was what was agreed and voted on a few years back, it's not happened so far so it wont be "season after season".

Which league would Coupar Angus go back into if not the North?

so coupar angus take a year out and can just come back straight into the north league and the fife clubs will move back and forward wherever there told to season after season depending on who stay who goes whos relegated whos promoted what a fecking joke

Sadly I don't know what the alternative would be? Likewise, if things were ever to pan out differently with regards to the demographics of teams coming down from the Premier my team could find themselves shifted up into the North. Like it or not, it would make more sense then, say, Coupar Angus going into the South, for example.

What other option is there in the current format?

Yip absolutely, that was what was agreed and voted on a few years back, it's not happened so far so it wont be "season after season".

Which league would Coupar Angus go back into if not the North?

so someone like the marrs takes over at coupar angus and all the best players in the north region are signed up and they win promotion they cant take there place in the premier league because they would have to travel to haddington falkirk dunbar etc etc

It's a shambles that clubs like my own dobt even know what league they'll be in for next season until weeks before. How can you expect to be able to sign players when you don't even know where you'll be playing!! This league system is fecked up!!!!! Only effects a selected few clubs tho so don't expect anything to change.

It's a shambles that clubs like my own dobt even know what league they'll be in for next season until weeks before. How can you expect to be able to sign players when you don't even know where you'll be playing!! This league system is fecked up!!!!! Only effects a selected few clubs tho so don't expect anything to change.

Your own club, Ballingry Rovers, have folded have they not?

Why would this hamper signing players? Those clubs affected know they will be playing North Division, or they may be moved at the AGM into the South to balance numbers, although that has not happened yet, no moves in the last two seasons since the new structure statrted. It's not rocket science.

It's only "fecked up" to those few who want to wind back the clock to the auld Fife League.

Your own club, Ballingry Rovers, have folded have they not?

Why would this hamper signing players? Those clubs affected know they will be playing North Division, or they may be moved at the AGM into the South to balance numbers, although that has not happened yet, no moves in the last two seasons since the new structure statrted. It's not rocket science.

It's only "fecked up" to those few who want to wind back the clock to the auld Fife League.

Knew you would be first with a response. It doesnt affect your club as you only have to travel three times over the bridge to Rosyth/Crossgates and Lochgelly which is probably easier for you than getting to Tranent/Dunbar.

The system isnt fair on Crossgates/ Lochgelly/Lochore/Kirkcaldy.Thornton and lesser extent Kennoway who have to travel up too an hour and a half too play a regional league game, Ridiculous for Junior Football at that level.

Archived