East Region South Division Thread 2014-2015

Burnie_man

I certainly think that was the mind set of the previous incumbents, but not now. A successful season for any club, is to try and be better than the previous season. We finished 6th last season, so hopefully we can finish higher. No team from this league will win a cup, so all teams in this league have only the league to play for , and, there are only a handful of teams that look capable of winning it, you are wrong to write off some of them. There are some good teams out there and all are capable of beating each other.

Yes so fifth this season and the party poppers will be out down seaside way, new management, new committee same old Dunbar.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Scottish Cup this weekend what do you rate your team's chances?

Think Whitburn have got a good chance at home (well at Stoneyburn) against St Rochs but you cant tell from week to week with the Burnie.

Seen pictures of the St Rochs support against Forth and they looked like a mini green brigade.

Maxx, have you taken on yet another disguise or is there more than 1 dick that's connected to haddington.

Johnny won't be happy when he finds out who it is

Sorry Maxx!!

Maxx sent a pm as he's not allowed to use this anymore,never knew he was so touchy.

Your name will never appear from my keyboard again.

Have a good season

Think Whitburn have got a good chance at home (well at Stoneyburn) against St Rochs but you cant tell from week to week with the Burnie.

Seen pictures of the St Rochs support against Forth and they looked like a mini green brigade.

Interesting that you mention Forth. I think Whitburn underestimated them last season and paid the penalty. Hopefully won't underestimate St Rochs and will have a decent cup run this season.

Simmy

We are away to Arthurlie and I think it will be a difficult task for us, although we beat them in last seasons Scottish 3-2 , at our place, they will be looking to gain some revenge. It seems nobody believes you when you say you have players injured, so good luck to Geoff and the players, do your best. The bookies have us at 9/1, looks like they fancy Athurlie, LOL. By the way, how is your game not at the school.?

Simmy

We are away to Arthurlie and I think it will be a difficult task for us, although we beat them in last seasons Scottish 3-2 , at our place, they will be looking to gain some revenge. It seems nobody believes you when you say you have players injured, so good luck to Geoff and the players, do your best. The bookies have us at 9/1, looks like they fancy Athurlie, LOL. By the way, how is your game not at the school.?

Not 100% sure why its not at the school. The only reason I can think is that the East Region have said its ok to play games there but the west and north regions maybe disagree?

Not 100% sure why its not at the school. The only reason I can think is that the East Region have said its ok to play games there but the west and north regions maybe disagree?

It seems that criteria are stricter for the Junior Cup.

e.g. up my way :

- Fochabers could get away with their unenclosed ground for Juniors North league/cup games, but had to use the two enclosed pitches at Pinefield in Elgin for Junior Cup games.

- Portgordon Vics are now using just a roped-off corner of Linzee Gordon Park. It's deemed OK for Juniors North league/cup games, but not OK for their Junior Cup tie vs Banchory St Ternan tomorrow even though that's an all-North tie. So they have conceded home advantage - it's been switched to Banchory.

Sorry Maxx!!

Maxx sent a pm as he's not allowed to use this anymore,never knew he was so touchy.

Your name will never appear from my keyboard again.

Have a good season

Who said he cant use this forum,his wife,johnny or his new club.lol

Good luck to all the East region sides today .. :thumsup2

Off to watch West Calder for only the 2nd time this season and i hope a wee upset may be on the cards :rolleyes:

Well it looks like it was a very bad day for South teams in the Scottish. If the ESJFA website scores are correct, ours was wrong, then only Falkirk and West Calder remain in it. Shows the massive task for teams in this league and the gap appears to be widening. One to forget for a few teams today and well done to the teams left in.

To be fair it was a stinking draw for most South sides. Whitburn result was a poor result against a side struggling near the bottom of the Central Second, otherwise much as expected results wise, if not the scorelines (10-0 is embarrassing regardless of who you are playing).

West Calder best result of the day, and Falkirk nearly shat it as they were 3-0 up at one point I think, and got a very late winner. Credit to Pumphy as well for holding Rob Roy to 2-0.

To be fair it was a stinking draw for most South sides. Whitburn result was a poor result against a side struggling near the bottom of the Central Second, otherwise much as expected results wise, if not the scorelines (10-0 is embarrassing regardless of who you are playing).

West Calder best result of the day, and Falkirk nearly shat it as they were 3-0 up at one point I think, and got a very late winner. Credit to Pumphy as well for holding Rob Roy to 2-0.

3-0 up and cruising against a team that has won 14 of its 15 games this season. It should have been 4 but the ref played on when it was a few yards over the line - Roy Carroll would have be proud.

Falkirk down to 10 men with 50 mins played, an offside goal and another poor decision from the ref who gives a penalty for a foul outside the box so it became difficult. Falkirk struck the post twice before a last minute header had given buchanhavan a lifeline. That was until the Falkirk striker notched his hattrick from the kick-off by pinging it in off the crossbar straight from the half way line - absolutely class!

Archived