East Region South Division Thread 2014-2015

Burnie_man

Feel i have to come on here to put the record straight, obviously your a Dunbar fan and biased nothing wrong with that i suppose but heres the truth as clearly you must have been at the other end of the park. Ball bounces over the top i run out to collect the ball, striker follows the ball i catch the ball as its maybe 70/30 in my favour, i see out of the corner of my eye the strikers coming in with the boot high of the ground (remember i've jumped for the ball) so i close my eyes and wait for the impact, impact is to the side of my calf causing me to drop the ball and somehow manage to land on my neck ( as i said boot was high so flying kick really) i get up towards the striker he falls down i trip over his feet ( pretty comical really) so i grab him and start shouting at him to say why are you trying to break someones leg as its only a game of football, yes i was angry obviously, as some of us have familys and work to go, the ref shows me the red but does not give me an explanation as to why?..the pain sets in to my calf and the leg starts to swell up and i struggle to walk off the park, the striker gets a yellow card?? i stay in the changing room for half an hour with my leg up and ice on it to stop it swelling up even more, i return to outside to see our striker get cleaned out from the back from a sliding tackle and get carried off, instant bruising and swelling, outcome? yellow card?..i was lucky to make my work the next day as i was struggling from the bruising and swelling so i wasnt faking it. The worst of it was when a was getting sent off the striker winked and smiled at me, at it? i think so......i've no reason to go nuts i've been in the game a long time but to try and injure a player on purpose is not on hence the reason i wasnt best pleased. I asked the ref at the end the reason for the sending off? guess what? he couldnt answer me as he didnt know, eventually he said ( as he looked at the ground) ermmm...you punched him! lol everyone in that park knows i didnt, yes i grabbed the lad but not punched. I'm now looking at a lenghty ban for something i never did..only if the striker could tell the ref i never punched him the ban would be less severe....lol no chance of that happening! :/ ... And to say i done the same last year? maybe i get angry with silly young players wanting to deliberately hurt and injury other players. As i said some of us have young kids and familys to support and need to go work to provide for them, but cant when we have these players trying to mame us during a game. I have anger issues? lol ...sorry i forgot to ask..who are you again? ah just another one of these punters giving players a bad name and basically stopping them going to other teams if they wanted too or other teams wanted to sign them because of people like you coming on these forums tarnishing their names and speaking so badly of them. Yes i apologised to everyone at the club for letting them down..and they all said dont worry about it as they know i never punched anyone..not that thats got anything to do with you.. but thought i would try and keep my name kind of reputable.

Ross whatever way you want to dress this up, it was violent conduct. Violent conduct = red card. Have a look at the photo on Dunbar website.....is that the face of a calm and in control individual when the Dunbar striker is on the ground? In my opinion no. You lost the rag, red mist descended and the red card was justified and deserved. Accept your punishment and stop moaning.

Also I assume a cheque is in the post for the damage to the table in the Dunbar United dressing room? Or did you not do that either......

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel i have to come on here to put the record straight, obviously your a Dunbar fan and biased nothing wrong with that i suppose but heres the truth as clearly you must have been at the other end of the park. Ball bounces over the top i run out to collect the ball, striker follows the ball i catch the ball as its maybe 70/30 in my favour, i see out of the corner of my eye the strikers coming in with the boot high of the ground (remember i've jumped for the ball) so i close my eyes and wait for the impact, impact is to the side of my calf causing me to drop the ball and somehow manage to land on my neck ( as i said boot was high so flying kick really) i get up towards the striker he falls down i trip over his feet ( pretty comical really) so i grab him and start shouting at him to say why are you trying to break someones leg as its only a game of football, yes i was angry obviously, as some of us have familys and work to go, the ref shows me the red but does not give me an explanation as to why?..the pain sets in to my calf and the leg starts to swell up and i struggle to walk off the park, the striker gets a yellow card?? i stay in the changing room for half an hour with my leg up and ice on it to stop it swelling up even more, i return to outside to see our striker get cleaned out from the back from a sliding tackle and get carried off, instant bruising and swelling, outcome? yellow card?..i was lucky to make my work the next day as i was struggling from the bruising and swelling so i wasnt faking it. The worst of it was when a was getting sent off the striker winked and smiled at me, at it? i think so......i've no reason to go nuts i've been in the game a long time but to try and injure a player on purpose is not on hence the reason i wasnt best pleased. I asked the ref at the end the reason for the sending off? guess what? he couldnt answer me as he didnt know, eventually he said ( as he looked at the ground) ermmm...you punched him! lol everyone in that park knows i didnt, yes i grabbed the lad but not punched. I'm now looking at a lenghty ban for something i never did..only if the striker could tell the ref i never punched him the ban would be less severe....lol no chance of that happening! :/ ... And to say i done the same last year? maybe i get angry with silly young players wanting to deliberately hurt and injury other players. As i said some of us have young kids and familys to support and need to go work to provide for them, but cant when we have these players trying to mame us during a game. I have anger issues? lol ...sorry i forgot to ask..who are you again? ah just another one of these punters giving players a bad name and basically stopping them going to other teams if they wanted too or other teams wanted to sign them because of people like you coming on these forums tarnishing their names and speaking so badly of them. Yes i apologised to everyone at the club for letting them down..and they all said dont worry about it as they know i never punched anyone..not that thats got anything to do with you.. but thought i would try and keep my name kind of reputable.

10592844_523079161156993_121877940473871

10975_523078257823750_723484266285971917

10527506_523079177823658_452615955096996

Pictures don't lie, trying to injure you on purpose?? no intent in that challenge at all, it was his knee that clearly made contact with your calf (hardly a flying kick as you put it) landed on your neck really?? is that even possible going from picture 1, picture 3 clearly shows why the ref thought you punched him!! not exactly doing yourself any favours since your post has made others post about other incidents (Edinburgh utd) and as I said about the Dunbar one last season, when you squared up to our striker screaming in his face again after a nothing challenge, plus all its going to do is make teams play for this if your going to snap after every 50/50 challenge, didn't know you put your foot through a table.... well done! great role model for the young kids that were there watching

I also recall you being sent off against Tranent last year for attacking Toye. Anger management problems, or maybe just because you were getting stuffed

I suspect Ross will wish he didn't comment. The pictures certainly indicate why he was sent off and looks deserved. I remember reading about this keeper last year, it may be the Edinburgh situation mentioned and seeing there been a few comments like Tranent started above, certainly doesn't look like an angel. Need to get that sorted out son or your career will be over quick smart as you don't want labelled with things like this when trying to get a new club etc.

Have Livi apologised about the broken table and offered to pay for the damage, if not they should.

I suspect Ross will wish he didn't comment. The pictures certainly indicate why he was sent off and looks deserved. I remember reading about this keeper last year, it may be the Edinburgh situation mentioned and seeing there been a few comments like Tranent started above, certainly doesn't look like an angel. Need to get that sorted out son or your career will be over quick smart as you don't want labelled with things like this when trying to get a new club etc.

Have Livi apologised about the broken table and offered to pay for the damage, if not they should.

Ikea always have a sale on :thumsup2

10592844_523079161156993_121877940473871

10975_523078257823750_723484266285971917

10527506_523079177823658_452615955096996

Looks like an assault to me,

is your middle names bruce lee.lol

I know Ross from his West Calder days, abit crazy at times however what goalkeeper isn't ? But he's right about some people that turn up on a Sat afternoon and you would think they had never seen a match in their lives yet to listen to them they think their Alan Hanson ! Ross would not have struck at another player unless he had been done in the challenge and the pictures that were posted were more handbags that anything else. Good luck trying to get money out him for the table we re still tryin to get him to buy a round at West Calder!!!!

Listen Ross is a team mate of mine and he is getting a lot of undeserved stick for something that is being made to look and sound a lot worse than what it was.

Those pictures make things look a lot worse than what it was at the time. I think Rossknows what he did was wrong and as he said he apologised for it, however at no point were any punches thrown. We won the free kick and the Dunbar player was booked, so yes the initial challenge was a bad one. Everyone one gets a rush of blood sometimes and that's football but as u said, no punches thrown.

Football is a physical game and things like this happen. As for the game itself, we dominated up until this incident which was the turning point. We can't say we would have went on and won for definite, but had a great chance of doing so

Listen Ross is a team mate of mine and he is getting a lot of undeserved stick for something that is being made to look and sound a lot worse than what it was.

Those pictures make things look a lot worse than what it was at the time. I think Rossknows what he did was wrong and as he said he apologised for it, however at no point were any punches thrown. We won the free kick and the Dunbar player was booked, so yes the initial challenge was a bad one. Everyone one gets a rush of blood sometimes and that's football but as u said, no punches thrown.

Football is a physical game and things like this happen. As for the game itself, we dominated up until this incident which was the turning point. We can't say we would have went on and won for definite, but had a great chance of doing so

So are the pictures lying Kayster as ive already said hes got form he done it for Crossgates v Edin Utd,im sure the Edinburgh got a serious injury and the game was abandoned.Like most keeper they come flying out their box like Bruce Lee with one leg out,another example Alan McGregor for Rangers v Hearts few seasons ago.

Goalkeepes ger to much protection as it is you just need to breath on them and the ref gives a foul,but keepers get away with this sort of thing.

I'm not getting into a slagging match or deep discussions over it. As i said the pictures make it look worse than it was and no punches were thrown.

Just wanted to back up my team mate as i feel he is getting some unjustified stick.

Cheers

I'm glad i did comment on this as it just proves that most of you havent as usual got a clue, always easy to watch from the sidelines and criticise, refering to the Edinburgh game from last season i think its sick how you newmania can go on and say somethin like that, again i assume you werent there?..it was an unfortunate incident, 50/50 in horrible conditions where we collided and unfotunatley he came worst off, the game was abandoned because even if the player was taken off the park in time by the ambulance i was in no fit state to continue playing. I was in shock as to the injury he sustained thats why the ref abandoned the game, i got in touch with the player to apologise and the lad was great about what happened and he said these things happen as he knew it was an unfortunate accident, to me he acted like a true proffesional and he was back playing that season. Also it must be said the Edinburgh physio and commitee were great with me as they seen the shock i was in, again showing great profesionalism...... Pictures dont show everything indeed, it shows his foot on the way down and me still off the ground so how can anyone pass comment. As to ayebutnobut...thanks for the advice dad, as i'm just about in my 40's think my career is nearly at an end ;).......doctor 46 your rite about the handbags....pictures dont lie ob1kanob but also dont show the whole truth either so to keep on the wind up about anger mangement wont work ;).......i wouldnt have reacted angrily if it was a 50/50 and an accident but it was deliberate so hence me being a tad upset.....thanks kayster my team mates know me and thats all that matters, just a pity we have to read what these profesional journalists right about us week in and week out ;p

Archived