East Region South Division Thread 2014-2015

Burnie_man

Tranent 5 Cowdenbeath u-19s 1

Quite a good game, well worth watching. A much changed Tranent side from Saturday. A much more experienced side. On the subject of Andy Jack he still has the habit of spilling the ball, a habit he had when he played for Tranent 4 or 5 years ago.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very poor that junior teams have to play at a school park. Ground sharing not a possibility??

Surely with all the space in the ground some temporary cabins could be used until the situation has been resolved. Strange that 1 rule for 1 team but when other clubs have had issues with parks they have been told to sort it.

Comes in handy having someone on the ersjfa committee think he's vice Presidenty.

Some clubs asked the possibility about using Bathgate 4g pitch during a bad spelk of weather a few seasons ago and it was blew out the water,as the facilities were too far from the pitch.ie toilets,changing rooms and refreshments.

Temporary cabins sounds a great idea and don't understand why they haven't went down that avenue,I remember Tranent done it when there changing rooms were burnt to the ground.

Tranent 5 Cowdenbeath u-19s 1

Quite a good game, well worth watching. A much changed Tranent side from Saturday. A much more experienced side. On the subject of Andy Jack he still has the habit of spilling the ball, a habit he had when he played for Tranent 4 or 5 years ago.

Who got your goals last night?

Comes in handy having someone on the ersjfa committee think he's vice Presidenty.

Some clubs asked the possibility about using Bathgate 4g pitch during a bad spelk of weather a few seasons ago and it was blew out the water,as the facilities were too far from the pitch.ie toilets,changing rooms and refreshments.

Temporary cabins sounds a great idea and don't understand why they haven't went down that avenue,I remember Tranent done it when there changing rooms were burnt to the ground.

He's the President of the East Region.

Aye, a few clubs did ask about Bathgate 4G to help clear the fixtures backlog two seasons ago but were refused. Not sure what the difference is to be honest, although the changing rooms are pretty far away, but as a one-off in difficult circumstances they could have been used.

Tranent did have portcabins installed at Forresters a few season back wehn their pavilion was burnt down. Basic, but perfectly acceptable as a temporary measure. Spartans Juniors also used City Park in their initial season, which was portacabins.

Aye, a few clubs did ask about Bathgate 4G to help clear the fixtures backlog two seasons ago but were refused. Not sure what the difference is to be honest, although the changing rooms are pretty far away, but as a one-off in difficult circumstances they could have been used.

Tranent did have portcabins installed at Forresters a few season back wehn their pavilion was burnt down. Basic, but perfectly acceptable as a temporary measure. Spartans Juniors also used City Park in their initial season, which was portacabins.

No longer President

It does seem strange this sort of arrangement can't be done at whitburn but seems it would be more to do with cost? I remember like you say above we had cabins at foresters years ago which worked well as a temporary measure. I'm sure the club and players at whitburn would much prefer to be back playing at home also.

It does seem strange this sort of arrangement can't be done at whitburn but seems it would be more to do with cost? I remember like you say above we had cabins at foresters years ago which worked well as a temporary measure. I'm sure the club and players at whitburn would much prefer to be back playing at home also.

Heard they are paying £100 a game to rent the school park and with no pie hut everyone at Whitburn is wanting back to Central Park ASAP.

I dont know the reason why Whitburn never got cabins to Central Park but maybe the insurance weren't willing to pay for the hire of them just a theory.

Hopefully they will be back at home before the winter.

John Gaffney Memorial Trophy

Armadale Thistle 1 Blackburn United 3

Still with a below strength side and fielding a few U21 trialists, Blackburn fell behind early on but were retaining possession well without causing too much alarm in the Dale defence. Second half was different with McQuillan equalising, then a fantastic 20 yard fk from the trialist left back put Burnie ahead before a second McQuillan goal late on sealed the win.

Armadale Thistle 1 Blackburn Utd 3

Dunbar United 3 Hurlford United 4

Scone Thistle 3 Falkirk 0

Haddington Ath 3 Cambuslang Rangers 4

Livingston Utd 2 St.Rochs 5

Rosyth 2 Strathmiglo 1

West Calder Utd 2 Benburb 0

Dundee Violet v Crossgates Primrose??

Whitburn no game

Lochgelly Albert no game

Really impressed with Dunbar today they were excellent I though. I think they will be worth a wager to get promoted this season, they could be the surprise package.

The resident Dunbar fans will be able to comment but I though the boy Conor up front was excellent, he will score a lot of goals this season.

So it all starts for real on Wednesday night. What's everyone's thought's? I'll have a stab to begin.

Blackburn United v West Calder United - Blackburn Win

Haddington Athletic v Stoneyburn Juniors - Haddington Win

Harthill Royal v Pumpherston Juniors - Draw

Livingston United v Whitburn Juniors - Whitburn Win

Lochgelly Albert v Crossgates Primrose - Lochgelly Win

Rosyth v Falkirk JFC - Draw

Tranent Juniors v Dunbar United - Dunbar Win (Naturally)

Really impressed with Dunbar today they were excellent I though. I think they will be worth a wager to get promoted this season, they could be the surprise package.

The resident Dunbar fans will be able to comment but I though the boy Conor up front was excellent, he will score a lot of goals this season.

You mean Sam, yes he will likely be the same as last year. Knows where the goals are. Excellent performance with a number of players unavailable. The boys should take a lot of heart from that today.

Blackburn United v West Calder United - Blackburn Win

Haddington Athletic v Stoneyburn Juniors - Haddington Win

Harthill Royal v Pumpherston Juniors - Pumphy win

Livingston United v Whitburn Juniors - Whitburn Win

Lochgelly Albert v Crossgates Primrose - Lochgelly Win

Rosyth v Falkirk JFC - Falkirk win

Tranent Juniors v Dunbar United - Dunbar Win

Archived