East Region South Division Thread 2014-2015

Burnie_man

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it's bollox yet you would bid a grand for a player and I'd guess you would have to pay him 6 to 700 a season so not a kick in the arse of a 2 grand deal, that doesn't sound like the club is struggling Cammy. I personally hope Dunbar have got cash as I want them to do well but seems this talk of them having no money is wide of the mark.

What is bollocks is the bull that you spouted on here about us offering players £1000 signing on fee and wages. That is utter nonsense. The current manager has had to work with a reduced budget and not one player signed for anywhere near to what you have suggested. You believe what you want. Nobody said we didn't have any money, but, at the end of last season we were in a hell of a state, we are in a better place ,now, and that is down to the committee. We are not yet out of the woods, but the recovery is well under way. We would be out the box if we were doing what you have said, it's the South division we are talking about here and I would doubt any club is any different. As for the bid for a player, I agree with what you are thinking and I am no different, but we are not the first club to try and buy a player, what is really shan, is that an individual decided to put on an open forum what was clearly private between the clubs involved. You believe what you want , we are certainly moving in the right direction and hopefully, we can give a good account of ourselves on and off the pitch this season.

Club couldn't of been run that badly if they have that money to spend. You can't say the committee have made that sort of money already. I think it's a case of believing things your reading and hearing cammy.

Facts from audited accounts released at last AGM in May:

Money in the bank: less than £2,000.00 (was over £30k 2 seasons ago)

Losses made in season 13/14: approx £15,000.00

The previous committee (2 strong) released a statement stating the terrible financial position of the club and cited that as the reason for standing down. They could not generate the money needed to sustain the club for another season.

The only reason that the club is still in existence was due to donations from a club member (publicized in local press last season) and money left in the will of another member that unfortunately passed away. The new committee is now 13 strong, including local businessmen who have used connections to pull in sponsorship. If they have made an offer as suggested, it will be purely due to the manager being able to utilise the funds given to him by offering vastly reduced fees to the signed players.

These are the facts.

I agree entirely with Cammy in as much that the information regarding the transfer offer that has been leaked onto a public forum is incredibly poor from whoever is responsible. That should be kept between the clubs.

Facts from audited accounts released at last AGM in May:

Money in the bank: less than £2,000.00 (was over £30k 2 seasons ago)

Losses made in season 13/14: approx £15,000.00

The previous committee (2 strong) released a statement stating the terrible financial position of the club and cited that as the reason for standing down. They could not generate the money needed to sustain the club for another season.

The only reason that the club is still in existence was due to donations from a club member (publicized in local press last season) and money left in the will of another member that unfortunately passed away. The new committee is now 13 strong, including local businessmen who have used connections to pull in sponsorship. If they have made an offer as suggested, it will be purely due to the manager being able to utilise the funds given to him by offering vastly reduced fees to the signed players.

These are the facts.

I agree entirely with Cammy in as much that the information regarding the transfer offer that has been leaked onto a public forum is incredibly poor from whoever is responsible. That should be kept between the clubs.

OB1, Cammy, I don't know why you answer this guy.

I'm guessing he's a player that played last season and him and his uncle(possibly fictitious), are a bit peeved.

Ok let's leave it here and move on, we have established there's been momey troubles before and it now looks as if it's behind you so good for you. We have also established that there is money in the he bank that's allowed you to go out and bid that kind of money for a player regardless how you came about getting the money which is the point I believe was being made. Let's be honest which other clubs in the south could bid money never mind 4 figures, Dunbar have money that's it simple let's move on.

Who do Dunbar, Haddington and Tranent play this wkend in friendlys?

Ok let's leave it here and move on, we have established there's been momey troubles before and it now looks as if it's behind you so good for you. We have also established that there is money in the he bank that's allowed you to go out and bid that kind of money for a player regardless how you came about getting the money which is the point I believe was being made. Let's be honest which other clubs in the south could bid money never mind 4 figures, Dunbar have money that's it simple let's move on.

100% agree.

Dunbar play local amateur team in last game of a local tournament - East Linton. Who I believe are very decent with a number of ex Junior players in the team.

Haddington V Sauchie. Not sure about Tranent.

Tranent v Kinnoull in the Swan Cup at Tranent K.O 2pm, Entry £3 Conc Free

Blantyre Vics v Whitburn

Broxburn Ath v Pumpherston

Crossgates Primrose v Jeanfield Swifts

Dunbar Utd v East Linton

Forth Wanderers v Stoneyburn

Harthill Royal v Newmains United

Livingston United v Royal Albert

Lochgelly Albert v Dysart Amatuers

Sauchie v Haddington Athletic

Tranent v Kinnoull

Wishaw v Blackburn United

Rosyth playing in a tournament

West Calder playing in a tournament

Wishaw 3 Blackburn United 0

As with Wednesday, no centre-halfs available through injury and holidays, Andy McQuillan on holiday as well, three U21's to make up numbers and goalie had to go off start of second half due to injury with Alan Brown going in goal. Have had better pre-seasons......

Blantyre Vics v Whitburn

Broxburn Ath v Pumpherston

Crossgates Primrose v Jeanfield Swifts

Dunbar Utd 1-0 East Linton

Forth Wanderers 1-1 Stoneyburn

Harthill Royal v Newmains United

Livingston United 1-2 Royal Albert

Lochgelly Albert 5-1 Douglas Thistle

Sauchie 4-0 Haddington Athletic

Tranent 2-2v Kinnoull

Wishaw 3-0 Blackburn United

Rosyth playing in a tournament

West Calder playing in a tournament

Wishaw 3 Blackburn United 0

As with Wednesday, no centre-halfs available through injury and holidays, Andy McQuillan on holiday as well, three U21's to make up numbers and goalie had to go off start of second half due to injury with Alan Brown going in goal. Have had better pre-seasons......

YOU SHOULD HAVE WENT TO THE BOWLS WITH ME

Archived