East Region South Division Thread 2014-2015

Burnie_man

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Academy is not upto Junior standards, that venue should not be allowed.

I agree. Can't they get portacabins in place until the changing rooms/pavilion are rebuilt? Otherwise I think they'd have to ground share.

It doesn't meet Junior regulations, eg changing facilities.

Surely they must? If not why were Whitburn allowed to play 6 league and 2 cup games there?

They played a home game at Boness before that but that's because the SJFA hadn't given Whitburn the OK to play at the Academy at the time.

Surely they must? If not why were Whitburn allowed to play 6 league and 2 cup games there?

They played a home game at Boness before that but that's because the SJFA hadn't given Whitburn the OK to play at the Academy at the time.

No idea, but there's no way it meets Junior requirements, there's debate as to whether the "ground" is even enclosed. I guess dispensation was granted to get Whitburn to the end of the season, but surely an alternative should be in place by now whether that be temporary changing facilities at Central Park, or groundshare.

No idea, but there's no way it meets Junior requirements, there's debate as to whether the "ground" is even enclosed. I guess dispensation was granted to get Whitburn to the end of the season, but surely an alternative should be in place by now whether that be temporary changing facilities at Central Park, or groundshare.

I agree with Burnie_man. I don't think the ground would be deemed as enclosed and probably leniency was shown to enable games to be played last season. A groundshare would have been difficult to achieve with clubs being reluctant to have another team play on their park due to bad weather etc.

Surely Whitburn have had enough time to ensure a plan was in place for the upcoming season whether that be a groundshare or temporary changing facilities at Central Park?

I agree with Burnie_man. I don't think the ground would be deemed as enclosed and probably leniency was shown to enable games to be played last season. A groundshare would have been difficult to achieve with clubs being reluctant to have another team play on their park due to bad weather etc.

Surely Whitburn have had enough time to ensure a plan was in place for the upcoming season whether that be a groundshare or temporary changing facilities at Central Park?

So what are all the sensible options open to Whitburn?

Seriously the situation that caused the roof to fly off was out of our control the matter is in the hands of the insurers the club has done what it can. It is not sensible for temporary changing rooms due to costs etc also would probably need planning permission. The club are trying their best so no need for some of the cheaper shots.

Burnie man if your so concerned why not get your club to offer to groundshare as I'm share they would want a game on the park every week.

Re changing rooms are there any rules around them? If so can someone post them please.

I take my hat off to the committee for keeping the club going just now in less than ideal circumstances.

Onward

Seriously the situation that caused the roof to fly off was out of our control the matter is in the hands of the insurers the club has done what it can. It is not sensible for temporary changing rooms due to costs etc also would probably need planning permission. The club are trying their best so no need for some of the cheaper shots.

Burnie man if your so concerned why not get your club to offer to groundshare as I'm share they would want a game on the park every week.

Re changing rooms are there any rules around them? If so can someone post them please.

I take my hat off to the committee for keeping the club going just now in less than ideal circumstances.

Onward

I agree it must be a difficult situation for you guys but having seen where you play on that astro turf it's not right a junior game can be played on that. I took in a cup game there last season against kelty or hill o beath was it.....and had to laugh when I seen 7 aside goals with camp chairs in them for dug outs. Certainly not ideal in the juniors but as you say your alternatives a limited.

Good luck for the season ahead.

Any news on Tranent signings for the coming season? Hopefully make progress from last year now they have a years experience in the juniors a lot of the young players.

few of they boys now left ,so could struggle again. Hopefully they have managed to get new players in tho.

Onward

Of course the situation with the roof was out of the clubs control, nobody is disputing that and its tough for any club in this situation, and as far as I can see nobody is taking cheap shots.

The concerns are that the school pitch is not upto Junior requirements, and whilst leeway was given to get last season completed (fair enough, few complaints there), better alternatives should be in place given the length of time that has passed since the problem occurred (and no resolution date?)

I am not on Blackburn's committee so I can't really give permission for you to share! have Whitburn asked? or have they asked any other clubs?

Archived