Highland League Fixture List 2014-15

HibeeJibee

Published this morning. List in link...

Season opens Saturday 2nd August, ends Saturday 18th April, with the earlier finish there are 4 midweek dates (2 in August / 1 in September / 1 in October).

Highland League cup dates:

Saturday 24th January

Preliminary Round

Saturday 7th February

First Round

Saturday 28th February

Second Round

Saturday 21st March

Semi-Finals

Saturday 11st April

Final

Pyramid Playoff dates:

Saturday 25th April

Winner of SHFL v Winner SLFL

Saturday 2nd May

Winner SLFL v Winner SHFL

Saturday 9th May

Winner of SHFL / SLFL v SPFL Team 42

Saturday 16th May

SPFL Team 42 v Winner of SHFL / SLFL

Usual mix of interesting festive derbies.

http://www.highlandfootballleague.com/News/Item/433_SHFL_Fixtures_for_Season_2014-15.aspx

• 1 month later...

I am back home in Dingwall on the opening day of the Highland League season and I am looking to catch a game.

Don't know the strength of the teams in the league these days (apart from looking at last year's league table), so does anyone know which game looks like the most competitive game to go to?

There are a few decent games looking likely on the opening day. Clach v Cove could be good, Clach had a great finish to last season, and despite losing strikers Scott Graham to Brora, and Paul Brindle to injury (might be back for this), and having trouble finding a replacement, it should be a fairly even and attacking game. On the face of it, (don't know much about other team's summer transfers) Nairn County v Formartine United and Forres Mechanics v Fraserburgh should be competitive. As a neutral I'd probably go for Nairn v Formartine, and it's not too far from Dingwall. Was going to include the Wick and Keith games, but both were rotten most of last season, so unless they've turned around in the summer I'd give them a miss.

Thanks for the info Welshbairn. Had half an eye on the Nairn County vs Formartine game. But I do quite fancy a trip to Wick, although the wife and kids may take some persuading! They were top of the league at the start of last season when Wilson was still there, so don't think they will be all that bad.

Anyway only 2 weeks to go until the start of what should be a really exciting season. Does anyone know yet what happens if a team is relegated from the Second Division and a team from the opposite end of the country gets promoted? Or is the SPFL just crossing its fingers!

Thanks for the info Welshbairn. Had half an eye on the Nairn County vs Formartine game. But I do quite fancy a trip to Wick, although the wife and kids may take some persuading! They were top of the league at the start of last season when Wilson was still there, so don't think they will be all that bad.

Anyway only 2 weeks to go until the start of what should be a really exciting season. Does anyone know yet what happens if a team is relegated from the Second Division and a team from the opposite end of the country gets promoted? Or is the SPFL just crossing its fingers!

Wick's a good day out, beautiful drive if the weather's good and plenty of places to stop for refreshment on route. Weirdest ground I've seen, slopes about 3 different ways and you can park your car on top of a bank behind one of the goals and watch the game from there. Still have to pay though.. :)

Archived