Killie going plastic?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw your new pitch today and was immediately struck by the length of the "grass". I have never seen a synthetic surface that looks that long - it's like a shag pile carpet ! I assume this is to accommodate the egg chasers but surely even with the essential heavy watering that surface cannot be conducive to any sort of on the deck passing game. It looks like it would be hard to run on never mind pass a ball accurately !

The players seem impressed with it.

You lot not due to yoyo bacj down the divisions again?

^^^ SEETHING

On the point of scoreboards I still remember the Johnny Walker one which was situated at the side of the terracing between the main stand and what is now the away end. I think only Morton kept their's going longer?

^^^ SEETHINGOn the point of scoreboards I still remember the Johnny Walker one which was situated at the side of the terracing between the main stand and what is now the away end. I think only Morton kept their's going longer?

Morton definitely had theirs longer.

Think we got rid about 90/91.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I've heard from a reliable source that killie going back to Grass next season. Good news if true.

That would be a strange decision given the constant use from all age groups that it currently gets. The 3G pitch is central to the club's future plans so I'd be very surprised if this was the case.

That would be a strange decision given the constant use from all age groups that it currently gets. The 3G pitch is central to the club's future plans so I'd be very surprised if this was the case.

Not at all strange if you have a good strategy. 3G pitch cam be lifted and moved to another site for training and community purposes while main stadium reverts back to preferred surface for professional football.

Not at all strange if you have a good strategy. 3G pitch cam be lifted and moved to another site for training and community purposes while main stadium reverts back to preferred surface for professional football.

We don't have another site, as it stands. Rugby Park is used for first team training too, so losing the 3G would mean having to find another training base somewhere with the same facilities that we currently enjoy (i.e. newly updated gym this summer, hotel for meals/meetings etc).

As I said, especially with the huge investment in the gym at the stadium, I'd be shocked and disheartened if this was the plan.

Archived