Killie going plastic?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine he has simply not realised that Russia changed their season schedule.

You imagine correct, I suppose I should have checked but my point still stands. The conditions we play and watch football in are ridiculous and not conducive to a better game. Summer football is far better, even fans going to games seem to be in a better mood when its a good day weather wise.

So doesn't 3G stand for 3rd generation yet you say 4G doesn't exist as that is just the 4th generation of 3g (4th generation of 3rd generation !!!!!) Confusing

From the web a bit clearer and yes 4G and above are marketing speak

What is the difference in 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G synthetic artificial pitches? That is a very good question to ask and basically in a nutshell you will get many varied answers because within the UK many suppliers, contractors and installers claim to have the latest innovation of sports surfaces.

3G sports pitches are a sand / rubber granule filled carpet with varied pile heights from 32mm – 65mm and the difference in height is to get the playing characteristics for the primary sport. If the primary sport is to be FIH hockey then a 32mm high or 40mm high carpet fibre is specified but if the primary sport is rugby league or rugby union then a longer grass is required to comfort the fall on the players. Too meet IRB or RFU in general the pile height is usually 60mm high or 65mm in height.

Surely if Killie are laying a pitch suitable for International rubgy the pile will be very long (60-65mm) for football ?

It's been covered better by other posters but it being confusing was kinda my point, pitch companies seem to want to do this.

I thought that the Scotland v Tonga rugby match in November might well be given to Rugby Park. Not sure if that still stands.

Last season, the January game we played at RP was on poor pitch conditions (so was the post split game but every pitch would have struggled with that deluge of rain). Can't remember the pitch ever being that bad.

Most plastic pitches have been OK, but QoS pitch looked awful and a few of our players were less than happy with it after the cup tie last year.

• 1 month later...

I was away getting my season ticket today and while waiting I noticed that the scoreboards have been taken down (for what I could see looking onto the pitch awayway). The person selling me the ticket also claims that they might be back up in two seasons time.

Surely Hybrid pitches are the most advanced pitches going, like at the Emirates, Wembley, COManchester etc?

Also, who's starting the rumour about Killie not being able to afford the leccy for the score boards? </Dundee fan joking about finances irony>

Surely Hybrid pitches are the most advanced pitches going, like at the Emirates, Wembley, COManchester etc?

Also, who's starting the rumour about Killie not being able to afford the leccy for the score boards? </Dundee fan joking about finances irony>

The scoreboards are 20 years old. Parts were near enough impossible to get.

I'd wondered about that too (the hybrid surface) earlier in this thread, seemingly it's seriously expensive. The new one at Murrayfield attracted some praise from Septic when they played on it recently. Shame they didn't have one in Warsaw..........

I'd wondered about that too (the hybrid surface) earlier in this thread, seemingly it's seriously expensive. The new one at Murrayfield attracted some praise from Septic when they played on it recently. Shame they didn't have one in Warsaw..........

I was just jesting about the scoreboards lads, don't worry.

Seemingly we've agreed to go Hybrid from next season, but getting out drainage upgraded was our top priority this summer. From what I read it's not *THAT* expensive, and is a very quick process, taking just 12 hours to install on ann average pitch, then re-growing your grass to intertwine with the plastic roots. I reckon that's the way forward in Scotland, we don't need fully plastic surfaces, and we don't need full grass as they'll get fucked in the winter, so the hybrid seems perfect if you can maintain it.

I was just jesting about the scoreboards lads, don't worry.

Seemingly we've agreed to go Hybrid from next season, but getting out drainage upgraded was our top priority this summer. From what I read it's not *THAT* expensive, and is a very quick process, taking just 12 hours to install on ann average pitch, then re-growing your grass to intertwine with the plastic roots. I reckon that's the way forward in Scotland, we don't need fully plastic surfaces, and we don't need full grass as they'll get fucked in the winter, so the hybrid seems perfect if you can maintain it.

Aye but can you hawk the fancy grass after Admin 3.0?

Saw your new pitch today and was immediately struck by the length of the "grass". I have never seen a synthetic surface that looks that long - it's like a shag pile carpet ! I assume this is to accommodate the egg chasers but surely even with the essential heavy watering that surface cannot be conducive to any sort of on the deck passing game. It looks like it would be hard to run on never mind pass a ball accurately !

Archived