Neil Lennon gone / Next Celtic manager

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to Celtics next manager if they're not white or Catholic.

I doubt the board will be making that sort of error again.

They know by now how intolerant the Celtic fanbase.

Celtic: Neil Lennon to end four-year spell as manager _60193973_chris1.jpgBy Chris McLaughlinBBC Sport

Neil Lennon is to part company with Celtic following talks about his future after four years as manager.

It is understood that the former club captain had been considering his position for some time despite securing a third straight Scottish title.

He has been concerned about this playing budget for next season.

The 42-year-old Northern Irishman took charge of the Glasgow club in 2010, leading them to three league titles and two Scottish Cups.

More to follow.

How can he "have concerns" about his playing budget?! It dwarfs every other team in Scotland FFS! He's hardly judged on European performances!

Im not overly sad thats he's gone, he has had flaws exposed over the past coupla years that still havent been fixed.

But my main concern is who do we bring in? If its somebody like Owen Coyle...

brb jumping off the roof of red road flats.

Would rather he had another season, would have had mjallby as his replacement too but hes already away.

We wont be getting anyone of note due to our budget and, the board wanting a yes man.

Edit to add-defo don't want Larsson. This would be a decision purely to get extra season books.

Hardly a surprise?

Be interesting to see who they replace him with. If it's someone with more than the most basic ability as a manager I can see a lot of folk wishing Lennon was still there.

Archived