East Premier League 2014/2015

juniorneutral

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

@bathgatethistle: Manager Barrie Malcolm is delighted to announce the resigning of Captain Graham Baird, Andy Malone, Jonny Tague, Kieran welsh Barrie Wales

@bathgatethistle: Plans are in place to announce further signings in the next couple of days.

m.twitter.com/bathgatethistle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We'll after the first round of matches, what's everyone's thoughts on the teams this year ? Good start for some not so good for others ! The favs for the league held to draws and some good wins. I think that dundonald at 14/1 on mcbookie for the league is generous, fauldhouse did it last year so why not.

Was quite surprised to hear the Bluebell had 5 players missing against Kelty Hearts on Sunday? given how tight the game ended.

Good point away to St Andrews to start with on Weds, Tayport on Saturday, two good markers to put down early doors.

It's too early to judge teams. Dundonald played well on Wednesday night without creating many chances although more than we did. Wednesday's results suggest that this could be an open league with everyone capable of beating each other. The beauty of a 16 team league is that there is plenty of time for sides to hit form so we'll have a better idea of each club's chances in a few weeks time.

Tayport were down to the bare bones on Wednesday against the Violet. 3 Suspensions, and a few either on holiday or just returned from Hols.

They fielded a local amateur (Who Wayne below informs p&b world has signed, pity website does not speak) and a trialist.

I took Violet on my coupon, as apart from the suspended Dueller they looked at full strength.

Violet should have stolen it at the death but for great saves from Sam Morris and goaline clearances.

At full strength with their attacking options (who are both superleague players in my opinion) of Kevin Milne & Gary Sutherland, Tayport should score plenty.

Not so sure at the back.

Still have not got back to see St Andrews yet, but squadwise 3 big losses in Wedderburn (Stirling albion),Sutherland (Tayport) and Lee Sibanda (Broughty).

The quartet of signings from Perth look good on paper and I cant see them not being at the top end come the prizegiving.

I will go and see the promoted duo of Davie Martin's North End and Darryl McKenzie's Forfar West End tomorrow to assess my early thoughts.

Thens its off to Salou so no Juniors for a while.

A local amateur who has signed a one year contract with them and played at that level before

Good luck to Dean then Wayne. He said he had retired from Saturday football a couple of weeks ago.

I was at the dne v fwe game.

West end are pretty to watch but were picked off at will by a more streetwise and physically stronger north end.

Suspect both styles will result in different results depending on who they are playing.

At 5-1 north end, ifyou did not know that any goals had been scored you would have thought that Forfar were winning.

Don't expect either team to figure at top.

Surprised this league does`nt get more air time, the team that wins the division this season will be worthy winners & ready to step up to the next level.

Isn't that a bit stating the obvious and you could say the same for the winners of every league?

Archived