League of Legends

Haven't spotted a thread for this. I was just wondering if there are any of you out there that play League of Legennds and if so, do you watch LCS too?

I'm not a good player but I enjoy playing with my mates. Last season I was Silver II on ranked. Unfortunately I have slipped to Bronze III this season, mainly due to really really awful players during my promo series.

LCS Season 4 Summer Split started yesterday and got off to an explosive start. I am a fan of Alliance in EU and Evil Genuises in NA.

Basically just started this thread to maybe get some players together for a game, thoughts on champions, skins, patch changes and all LCS chat from EU and NA.

If anyone fancies a game on EUW, just add me. My summoner name is jimbojambo303.

I've just hit 30 on this and playing my first set of ranked matches. Really surprised how much I enjoyed this game when I started as id never played a similar type game before. The gulf in standard dependent on who you're teamed with is quite staggering sometimes though

Been a player since season 1. Not great but would consider myself a high silver (maybe gold on a good day). My ranked stats are a bit shocking though. Last few seasons I basically stopped playing mid season and ended up getting relegated due to inactivity.

Fun game to play with mates, really enjoy it.

Fun fact: I was in a few of 'Snoopeh's' classes at uni. Though I don't really remember him at all tbh. He wasn't 'famous' at the time and was in the year below me.

Fun fact: I was in a few of 'Snoopeh's' classes at uni. Though I don't really remember him at all tbh. He wasn't 'famous' at the time and was in the year below me.

That's pretty cool. Him and the other EG lads are having a bit of a tough time. They've finally got rid of Yellowpete, he played his last match last night.

Week 1 of LCS has come to an end.

EU LCS Standings:

1. Alliance. 3W 1L

2. Millenium. 3W 1L

3. SK Gaming. 3W 1L

4. Fnatic. 2W 2L

5. Supa Hot Crew. 2W 2L

6. Gambit Gaming. 1W 3L

7. Copenhagen Wolves. 1W 3L

8. ROCCAT. 1W 3L

NA LCS Standings:

1. LMQ. 4W 0L

2. Team Dignitas. 3W 1L

3. Team SoloMid. 3W 1L

4. Cloud 9. 2W 2L

5. Counter Logic Gaming. 2W 2L

6. Curse. 1W 3L

7. compLexity. 1W 3L

8. Evil Geniuses. 0W 4L

Let's hope fnatic can pull there finger out and get back to the top.

After being destroyed at all stars I seriously thought they would have learnt so much, they'd be near impossible to beat.

However it's also good to see it so close already.

Anyway, I downloaded the game in season one and I disliked it started again on season four and never looked back.

Got level 30 on Wednesday and going to start doing ranked soon..

I play with a couple mates and some don't take it serious enough which annoys me.

Anyway, if anyone wants a game, add me.

Ign = Stuartmcneill

Week 2 of LCS has come to an end.

EU LCS Standings:

1. Alliance. 5W 1L

2. SK Gaming. 4W 2L

3. Supa Hot Crew. 4W 2L

4. Fnatic. 3W 3L

5. Millenium. 3W 3L

6. Copenhagen Wolves. 2W 4L

7. Gambit Gaming. 2W 4L

8. ROCCAT. 1W 5L

NA LCS Standings:

1. Team Dignitas. 5W 1L

2. Cloud 9. 4W 2L

3. LMQ. 4W 2L

4. Counter Logic Gaming. 4W 2L

5. Team SoloMid. 3W 3L

6. Curse. 2W 4L

7. Evil Geniuses. 1W 5L

8. compLexity. 1W 5L

Really happy to see my team Alliance on top of the standings already, they've come a long way since the start of last split.

As for NA LCS, it is incredibly exciting to watch. With 5 top teams, you are guaranteed at least one top match every week..

I've just installed this this morning to play with some friends, but I'm gonna be on the NA server. (forehead7 there, I think)

Got Garen and his skin from the official Twitter and he's alright.

I've played Ashe and Ryze from the free champions. Ashe is enjoyable but Ryze is absolutely shite, didn't help that we were getting creamed in that match (f**k Lux) although we brought it back.

Out of the 7 bot matches I've played, my best score is 2/6 with 3 assists! :lol:

edit: I think I signed in with forehead7 but my name thing is Stu the Bold. I've no idea how to add people so not sure which you use to add people.

Edited by forehead7

Ryze is a good champ if you how to play him..

I learnt the basics with master yi no matter how bad you are, as long as you get a decent number of minion kills you will do good with him.

Just a heads up, kills aren't everything. It's better to work on objectives. Minions > turrets > dragon/baron > kills.

Week 3 of LCS has come to an end.

EU LCS Standings:

1. Alliance. 7W 1L

2. SK Gaming. 6W 2L

3. Supa Hot Crew. 5W 3L

4. Fnatic. 4W 4L

5. Millenium. 4W 4L

6. Gambit Gaming. 3W 5L

7. Copenhagen Wolves. 2W 6L

8. ROCCAT. 1W 5L

NA LCS Standings:

1. Team Dignitas. 6W 2L

2. LMQ. 6W 2L

3. Cloud 9. 5W 3L

4. Counter Logic Gaming. 5W 3L

5. Team SoloMid. 4W 4L

6. Curse. 2W 6L

7. Evil Geniuses. 2W 6L

8. compLexity. 2W 6L

Starting to really enjoy this now. Playing a lot of ARAMs.

Kayle is great, definitely my favourite at the moment. Farming with her E is tremendous. Got my first pentakill with her in a bot match a couple nights ago, which was cool. Ashe continues to be decent enough. In addition to Garen, I got free Alistar and Trystana. I wasn't so hot on Alistar but I've played him a few times more and he's pretty fun, works well on ARAM (in the recent match, I got 2 kills and 24 assists out of the 33 team kills, so he can do work). Trystana is a bit meh but I've only played her once or twice.

Out of last week's free champions, I liked Annie and Kog'Maw. Gragas and Thresh were decent enough, but I don't think I did too well with them (f**k Minions when you're trying to pull with Thresh).

I assume people know about this site, http://www.surrenderat20.net/ . Cool site that puts up info as they put it into the code but before they release it. Handy for planning ahead with you're thinking of buying skins or champions.

Starting to really enjoy this now. Playing a lot of ARAMs.

Kayle is great, definitely my favourite at the moment. Farming with her E is tremendous. Got my first pentakill with her in a bot match a couple nights ago, which was cool. Ashe continues to be decent enough. In addition to Garen, I got free Alistar and Trystana. I wasn't so hot on Alistar but I've played him a few times more and he's pretty fun, works well on ARAM (in the recent match, I got 2 kills and 24 assists out of the 33 team kills, so he can do work). Trystana is a bit meh but I've only played her once or twice.

Out of last week's free champions, I liked Annie and Kog'Maw. Gragas and Thresh were decent enough, but I don't think I did too well with them (f**k Minions when you're trying to pull with Thresh).

I assume people know about this site, http://www.surrenderat20.net/ . Cool site that puts up info as they put it into the code but before they release it. Handy for planning ahead with you're thinking of buying skins or champions.

League of legends have upto two months in advanced who they have on sale.

I've seen an ADC Thresh a couple times and they are surprisingly very good but quote difficult to play, however Thresh is a support which should get no kills at all unless the ADC has left Lane.

If you play tristana, I'd advise going AP simply because I've never been able to beat it before (thats because of the champs I prefer)

The problem I have with kayle and ashe is that there to slow to begin with and for whatever reason that is really quite annoying.

However kayle used in the LCS this week was absolutely beast, if your maxed build anyway, shreds people and turrets.

I play 5v5 more so these may be a bit different.

I've seen an ADC Thresh a couple times and they are surprisingly very good but quote difficult to play, however Thresh is a support which should get no kills at all unless the ADC has left Lane.

If you play tristana, I'd advise going AP simply because I've never been able to beat it before (thats because of the champs I prefer)

The problem I have with kayle and ashe is that there to slow to begin with and for whatever reason that is really quite annoying.

However kayle used in the LCS this week was absolutely beast, if your maxed build anyway, shreds people and turrets.

I play 5v5 more so these may be a bit different.

Yeah, I was pretty much just pulling and tossing my lantern down while throwing in the ultimate when it fits. Was decent enough.

I find that with Kayle, I still enjoy her enough early game. But yeah, her E does huge wave clear once the game's progressed. It's ridiculously fun.

Week 4 of LCS has come to an end.

EU LCS Standings:

1. Alliance. 8W 2L

2. SK Gaming. 7W 3L

3. Millenium. 6W 4L

4. Supa Hot Crew. 5W 5L

5. Fnatic. 5W 5L

6. Gambit Gaming. 4W 6L

7. ROCCAT. 3W 7L

8. Copenhagen Wolves. 2W 8L

NA LCS Standings:

1. LMQ. 7W 3L

2. Counter Logic Gaming. 7W 3L

3. Team Dignitas. 7W 3L

4. Cloud 9. 6W 4L

5. Team SoloMid. 6W 4L

6. Curse. 3W 7L

7. Evil Geniuses. 2W 8L

8. compLexity. 2W 8L

Edited by JamieStevenson

Personally though, I'd been having an absolute stinker of a time on normals. Couldn't get a win at all. Playing my usual positions of Support, Jungle & Top. I try to stay relevant with whatever champions are being used in LCS. I took a break for a little while, came back and won a ranked game. Classic.

Edited by JamieStevenson

Week 5 of LCS has come to an end.

EU LCS Standings:

1. Alliance. 10W 2L

2. SK Gaming. 8W 4L

3. Millenium. 7W 5L

4. Supa Hot Crew. 6W 6L

5. Fnatic. 6W 6L

6. ROCCAT. 5W 7L

7. Gambit Gaming. 4W 8L

8. Copenhagen Wolves. 2W 10L

Glad to see Alliance dominating this split so far. ROCCAT have lifted themselves off bottom with the decent win streak they've got going.

NA LCS Standings:

1. LMQ. 8W 4L

2. Counter Logic Gaming. 8W 4L

3. Team Dignitas. 8W 4L

4. Cloud 9. 7W 5L

5. Team SoloMid. 7W 5L

6. Curse. 4W 8L

7. Evil Geniuses. 3W 9L

8. compLexity. 3W 9L