Ludo's Weekly Quiz!

I'll post the answers and results tomorrow. Reason being, I go on holiday on the 31st. Therefore so that I can run the quiz with minimum disruption I'll run it from Friday to Friday for a few weeks before resorting to Sunday to Sunday as would be normal.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. What did Babe Ruth famously keep under his cap? - A Cabbage Leaf

2. Which male film star's first name is Hawaiian for cool breeze over the mountains? - Keanu (Reeves)

3. Which former political leader married Sarah Gurling? - Charles Kennedy

4. What was Elvis Presley's twin brother's first name? - Jesse (Would have also accepted Garon).

5. In Samuel Beckett's play, what are Vladimir and Estragon doing? - Waiting (For Godot)

6. During Dundee's -25 point deduction season, who memorably came out of retirement to score a last minute, dramatic winner? - Neil McCann

7. What is the capital of Barbados? - Bridgetown

8. Kevin Spacey is the star of one of Netflix's original programmes, what is the show called? - House of Cards

9. Where is the world's biggest prison camp? - Siberia

10. Which author wrote the novels Jurassic Park and Timeline? - Michael Crichton

Question 9 obviously caused a few problems. Blame Trivial Pursuit for that. I'll tally the scores and put up the questions for next week later on today/tonight.

First Week Scores:

Tynieness - 6
Arbroathlegend36-0 - 6
Topcat - 5
Ross. - 5
Albino Rover - 5
Alang1993 - 5
Busta Nut - 5
SlipperyP - 4
Zanetti - 4
Tommy Nooka - 4
RanaldoBairn - 4
Cal234ey - 4
Randolph Carter - 3
SuperCaleyGoBallistic - 3
BullyWeeVilla - 3
JamieStevenson - 3
Eindhovendee - 3
Cardinal Richelieu - 3
CraigKillie - 3
Florentine__Pogen - 3
Madwullie - 3
Blootoon87 - 3
PrestersKTID - 2
Believe The Hype - 1
Thisal - 1

Week 2 Questions:

1. What is the capital of Venezuela?

2. During the SPL era (1998-2013), which Aberdeen goalkeeper was famously colour-blind?

3. Who was the author of the famous novel, Uncle Tom's Cabin?

4. For what is the chemical formula H2O2?

5. Who directed the films, Carrie (1976), The Untouchables (1987), Carlito's Way (1993) & Mission: Impossible (1996)?

6. How many notes is an octave in the diatonic scale?

7. Who was the 3rd man to walk on the moon?

8. What is Yeovil Town's stadium called?

9. In between Winston Churchill's two stints as Prime Minister, there was only one man who had the job, what was his name?

10. What is the name of the main character in Franz Kafka's The Metamorphosis?

Hopefully these provide a suitable challenge once again. Deadline is next Friday. If people struggle on this one then I'll definitely scale the difficulty back slightly, although I am glad nobody got near full marks this week.

****Please Submit Your Answers In A NEW PM****

I've deleted all the old ones so I won't receive your message unless you create a new PM.

Going back to week 1, looks as if most got the Keanu Reeves and Michael Crichton questions correct. Surprised how many struggled on the football question. For the Charles Kennedy question, most plumped for Gordon Brown.

Archived