Ludo's Weekly Quiz!

That's right folks, it's back. Same premise as always, simply PM me your answers and the results shall be up from a week today with your points tallied.

Week 1:

1. What did Babe Ruth famously keep under his cap?

2. Which male film star's first name is Hawaiian for cool breeze over the mountains?

3. Which former political leader married Sarah Gurling?

4. What was Elvis Presley's twin brother's first name?

5. In Samuel Beckett's play, what are Vladimir and Estragon doing?

6. During Dundee's -25 point deduction season, who memorably came out of retirement to score a last minute, dramatic winner?

7. What is the capital of Barbados?

8. Kevin Spacey is the star of one of Netflix's original programmes, what is the show called?

9. Where is the world's biggest prison camp?

10. Which author wrote the novels Jurassic Park and Timeline?

Google can aide you with these questions and there's nothing I can do to stop it, but I'd discourage you from doing so as it's only a bit of fun. The difficulty of the questions for next week will be scaled dependent on the results from this one ie, if I need to make it easier/harder I shall.

ETA: Please don't post your answers in the thread as that just ruins it. Cheers.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cardinal Richelieu, on 20 May 2014 - 14:20, said:

Alright kicking myself for getting number 7 half wrong. Do you get half marks Ludo?

Not for this set of questions, but in the coming weeks they may feature. 1 point per answer for now.

Florentine_Pogen, on 20 May 2014 - 14:26, said:Florentine_Pogen, on 20 May 2014 - 14:26, said:

I'm having a feckin' 'senior moment' here...... :wacko: What's the easiest way to get the answers back to Ludo ? Can it be done via. the quote function or is it Word C+P ?

TIA.

Click on my name, then when it takes you to my profile, to the right you should see a bar that says: 'Send Me a Message'.

ETA: I'm noticing that there may well be a problem with the way I've worded one of the questions. Happy to take responsibility if I've made the faux pas, but whatever the case, if I have worded it incorrectly, it is still worded incorrectly for everyone!

ETA: I'm noticing that there may well be a problem with the way I've worded one of the questions. Happy to take responsibility if I've made the faux pas, but whatever the case, if I have worded it incorrectly, it is still worded incorrectly for everyone!

Question 9 methinks. :o

Florentine_Pogen, on 20 May 2014 - 14:42, said:

Question 9 methinks. :o

Question 9 is a bit nasty, and I doubt many will get it right but that was the only one not made up by me and instead whipped off of a Trivia Pursuit card so it better not be letting me down!

Albino Rover, on 20 May 2014 - 15:07, said:

I'm taking it it was just the name of the country you want for Q9?

I'll even accept the region.

Question 9 is a bit nasty, and I doubt many will get it right but that was the only one not made up by me and instead whipped off of a Trivia Pursuit card so it better not be letting me down!

Trivial Pursuit!?! This is the game that thinks that The Great Wall of China is visible from the Moon!

Had 12 responses so far which is fantastic considering when I first started a weekly quiz in 2010, the very first week I only received 4 sets of answers. Granted that grew to about 25 at its peak, but for 12 sets of answers within less than 3 hours is quite some going.

Cheers and keep them coming in.

Archived