f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a decent player at this level, but I'd imagine we'd revert to hoofball if he was signed. Would rather we did everything we could to hang onto Moff and Malcolm. They looked a decent partnership at the start of the season when we were playing the ball on the deck.

I don't think Malky will be prolific but he scored a shedload for Stranraer the season before he signed for us so he must know where the net is, and he linked up very well with Moff.

The No1 priority for us just now is to do everything we can to get Moffat signed up, plain and simple. There are factors that are tying him to Ayr just now, like locality, coaching role etc and if it means offering him an added sweetener of some extra dosh to ensure he signs up then its a no brainer for me.

Last season just emphasised how much we rely on him with his workrate and goals, surely Roberts must see this.

Guest honestrae95

Quite disappointed to miss out on Gemmell tbh. Think he's a cracking player for this level. However, the front two of Moff and Malky will be more than good enough to fire us into the playoffs, if we shore up the defence.

1- He's pish and now at his natural level

Agree 100%. Don't understand the clamour to sign him, he is just another big huddy like Kyle.

I said the same in December and was widely derided. He's a 10-15 goal a season man who got a bit of press when Stenny were in form. One of these players that, because "he wears his heart on his sleeve" he's liked by whoever he plays for. I've seen him many a time agaist Airdrie, yes he's scored a couple, but I cant ever say I've been impressed by him. Always looked overweight and slow. One dimensional.

I was actually looking forward to some of the Ayr fans getting their wish as he's in the mould of Kyle - who didn't exactly work out for you.

Kyle didn't do very much for us. Kind of ruined the season to be honest, we were playing decent football for this level till he came in. Hoof the baw up to him and he couldn't even make an effort to jump for it!! Not saw that much of gemmill, only the 2 home games against them

Kyle didn't do very much for us. Kind of ruined the season to be honest, we were playing decent football for this level till he came in. Hoof the baw up to him and he couldn't even make an effort to jump for it!! Not saw that much of gemmill, only the 2 home games against them

Think if we had a cheap Kyle as a subby it would be ideal

I said the same in December and was widely derided. He's a 10-15 goal a season man who got a bit of press when Stenny were in form. One of these players that, because "he wears his heart on his sleeve" he's liked by whoever he plays for. I've seen him many a time agaist Airdrie, yes he's scored a couple, but I cant ever say I've been impressed by him. Always looked overweight and slow. One dimensional.I was actually looking forward to some of the Ayr fans getting their wish as he's in the mould of Kyle - who didn't exactly work out for you.

Aye I've seen you saying that a few times, but I had the mantle last season and was largely a lone voice for pointing out he was simply in the best six months of form in his career. I think he lost a bit of weight at the start of last season and thumped in a few decent finishes, then had a bit of confidence for a while. The weight seems to be creeping back on, and the guy has no touch and isn't much of a footballer. I'll wager he doesn't hit twenty goals in any season for the remainder of his career, including the one coming.

He has a wee League 1 internet fan club though.

Yeah maybe good to have a different option but if he's signed up who else is there?

Alan Lithgow is the striker we have always desired

:ph34r:

Gemmell scored 35 goals in 50 games for us which is a very good record. Hes quite clearly a decent League 1 striker.

He got himself very fit before the start of his first season with us but with a few injuries during the season that's just finished, it looked like he put on a bit of weight again.

He'd have been a good signing for the majority of League 1 clubs

If he was available he'd probably be in demand though. A bit too ambitious for us but would be a great addition. I see on another thread Sean Higgins is supposedly signing for Arbroath: I'd rather have had him than Gemmill if he was fit enough.

If he was available he'd probably be in demand though. A bit too ambitious for us but would be a great addition. I see on another thread Sean Higgins is supposedly signing for Arbroath: I'd rather have had him than Gemmill if he was fit enough.

I made that up.

Higgy will get a club in this division. Airdrie or suhing.

Archived