f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read on his twitter page he was at some trial day today. All seems very ominous.

Yeah, seems like it was an exit trial type of thing, which would suggest he's definitely off. Might well end up being another Tiffoney situation.

Yeah, seems like it was an exit trial type of thing, which would suggest he's definitely off. Might well end up being another Tiffoney situation.

Why would it be a Tiffoney situation, you can't expect anyone to compensate Ayr for a player our manager clearly doesn't rate at our low level.

If I had a youngster looking to breakthrough at our level Ayr is one of the last clubs I'd have my son at, the evidence doesn't back up the prattling of our managers.

Only a few months back we were handing extended contracts out to retain a nucleaus of the squad and avoid the annual rebuild. Now it seems the players can't get outa here fast enough and it's another new team from scratch.

Why would it be a Tiffoney situation, you can't expect anyone to compensate Ayr for a player our manager clearly doesn't rate at our low level.

It's common knowledge amongst the other clubs that our manager is a complete buffoon so I doubt anyone takes his opinions on how decent players are seriously at all.

If I had a youngster looking to breakthrough at our level Ayr is one of the last clubs I'd have my son at, the evidence doesn't back up the prattling of our managers.

Why because we don't just chuck sixteen and seventeen year-olds into the team willy nilly?

Our responsibility is towards the club not individual teenagers. Shankland, frankly, has never demonstrated he's quite ready despite a reasonable amount of game time over two years.

Forrest, on the other hand...

Why because we don't just chuck sixteen and seventeen year-olds into the team willy nilly?

Our responsibility is towards the club not individual teenagers. Shankland, frankly, has never demonstrated he's quite ready despite a reasonable amount of game time over two years.

Forrest, on the other hand...

That's the attitude that sees us rebuilding at least once a year.

We've yet to produce a proven 1st team player under Reid or Roberts.

It has nothing to do with that at all.

Having to rebuild the team every season in no way relates to the suggestion of chucking more teenagers into the team.

And that fact that we've yet to produce a proven 1st team player is an argument against playing more young players as opposed to for. Clearly.

Having to rebuild the team every season in no way relates to the suggestion of chucking more teenagers into the team.

And that fact that we've yet to produce a proven 1st team player is an argument against playing more young players as opposed to for. Clearly.

I agree with that to an extent but I think most people would rather the likes of Shankland got a run in the team rather than watching Kyle lumber about the park. I know I would.

Shankland was a bit unfortunate to be competing against moff , Malcolm and Kyle. If he'd played elsewhere on the pitch he would have got more game time. Some of his performances were rather indifferent, although he seemed to do well at Albion Rovers and came back in much better shape. On saying that Roberts mandate was to develop young players and alongside Forrest he was one that should have been pushed more. Think the Kyle signing knackered him and the rest of the team as we had limited cover when Campbell got injured. This season should see get far more game time but more worrying is that instead of taking the chance which is coming he would rather go elsewhere.

I would agree if we were seeing something worthwhile from experienced players, we aren't, last seasons team was shite over 90% of the time, Marko fails to give the youngsters game time all season then throws them in at the death because we've nobody else, he decides to start Forrest in crunch games near the end of the season rather than give him 8 or 10 games months earlier.

That's before we even discuss how you develop youngsters in a team with the wrong pros around them, ffs Kyle could only ever hurl abuse at players and yet at least he did communicate rather than just play his own game, to develop players you should surely have a spine of players that are going to talk players through games rather than ones that are just going to treat the kids like seasoned pros.

Yeah so we don't have the right circumstances for bringing through young players, so why demand more of them get played every week then?

As for Forrest he played in, and scored, in the first game of the season. Ironically I think he has been handled well, but has also demonstrated he can contribute. One of the very few.

Yeah so we don't have the right circumstances for bringing through young players, so why demand more of them get played every week then?

As for Forrest he played in, and scored, in the first game of the season. Ironically I think he has been handled well, but has also demonstrated he can contribute. One of the very few.

If you never build the right circumstances for bringing youngsters through you'll never know unless you stick 3 or 4 of them in and see what happens.

As for Forrest, he should have received a decent run of games when it became apparent that we were too shite to gain promotion, we'llbe trying too hard to avoid relegation this season to develop youngsters, even Forrest might drift away into the what's happened to him brigade once the fans are verbally abusing the team this season.

Archived