f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

It think it's worth spending what we can afford, we are not operating at a loss.

This bit isn't true.

People go bankrupt all the time, they shouldn't be punished forever because of it. If every team that has overspent was to be banned then there wouldn't be any clubs left.

I have nothing but admiration for Pars United/'new' Dunfermline; the way they have gone about their business and the way the club is now being run. The Board update on the club website this was exactly the sort of thing supporters of clubs all over Scotland cry out for.

Nobody is suggesting Dunfermline should have been punished forever, or banned but the question still stands though whether, as a club, a 15 point deduction was an adequate punishment for years of unsustainable spending, to the tune of, what? £10m? The stress caused to supporters by the actions of those responsible, the fact there was nothing supporters could do, the effort exerted to save the club, while laudable, isn't relevant in this regard.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Life isn't fair, we were conned by Masterton too.

Erm no you were not - your club chose to take his money and couldn't pay it back. Any claims to being 'conned' is laughable revisionism.

It think it's worth spending what we can afford, we are not operating at a loss. Our fans bring in 200k guaranteed every year and extra from fund raising plus the gate money.

If we go clear at the top the crowds might go back to 3000 plus and we have budgeted sensibly for 2000 fans.

You are operating at a loss for the following season - this was confirmed by your own fucking board's statement, this week. Come back when you've even grasped such basic facts.

I don't have a problem with DAFC, I only wish that we'd keep our own house in order.

Cameron's statement is welcome despite the perceived discrepancies that may/may not exist between the board & Roberts. His apparent honesty is to be applauded and more of the same is required to get fans back on side. The fans are indeed the lifeblood of all community sides & much credit goes to any supporter who took the time to contact the club directly.

That said, Cameron fails to address how Ayr Utd move forward as a club. Aims for the season ahead are all well & good but I'd have liked to have heard his strategy rather than his hopes. I still feel the club is cast adrift rather than well down the road of a fixed term business plan.

The cynic in me feels this statement was issued to appease the threat of diminishing support next season only, but, if this communication were a more regular feature from his ivory tower then at least the supporters could take a more informed opinion.

No one doubts the difficulty in successfully running a provincial club in the current financial climate but Ayr Utd could & should do better. If support were a direct correlation of success then Ayr would comfortably be a Championship side, we need a backroom team to match, whether it be director, manager, player or admin staff.

I don't have a problem with DAFC, I only wish that we'd keep our own house in order.

Cameron's statement is welcome despite the perceived discrepancies that may/may not exist between the board & Roberts. His apparent honesty is to be applauded and more of the same is required to get fans back on side. The fans are indeed the lifeblood of all community sides & much credit goes to any supporter who took the time to contact the club directly.

That said, Cameron fails to address how Ayr Utd move forward as a club. Aims for the season ahead are all well & good but I'd have liked to have heard his strategy rather than his hopes. I still feel the club is cast adrift rather than well down the road of a fixed term business plan.

The cynic in me feels this statement was issued to appease the threat of diminishing support next season only, but, if this communication were a more regular feature from his ivory tower then at least the supporters could take a more informed opinion.

No one doubts the difficulty in successfully running a provincial club in the current financial climate but Ayr Utd could & should do better. If support were a direct correlation of success then Ayr would comfortably be a Championship side, we need a backroom team to match, whether it be director, manager, player or admin staff.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Tells you all you need to know that if Roberts finished 5th he was apparently going to be sacked but squeezing into 4th with a record low points total for the play-offs is just fine.

Erm no you were not - your club chose to take his money and couldn't pay it back.

I'd take some convincing that raising c£10 mil from a loan against a stadium (that should never have been his to sell) worth more like one tenth of that via a bank deal that sailed through unscrutinised that then helped fund a cushy little nepotistic empire could really be classed as 'his' money.

The guys now running the club lost plenty of their money though as they pumped it in to the club in return for worthless 'director' positions from Masterton.

Fill your boots in terms of wading into us for our club's past misdemeanours but the new setup is a world removed from the old regime.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! Tells you all you need to know that if Roberts finished 5th he was apparently going to be sacked but squeezing into 4th with a record low points total for the play-offs is just fine.

If you could give your collective ego a rest for a minute, of course that's why the statement was issued, but the Dunfermline stuff is irrelevant to that.

There was nothing cynical in releasing the statement, however, it was wanted and it was needed. Credit that it's been delivered.

Cynical, no, but could he not have made it a bit shorter. It would also be preferable if he could address the reasons why he needs to continually put in extra cash rather than just mentioning that he and other directors do it. (Not in print, obviously, as that would be another 1,000 words...). Why is it that, no matter the season or circumstances, there is always a cash flow problem? We've been hearing that since 2003.

How are we operating at a loss?

Can someone show the maths?

:huh::1eye

Do you not read your own website. :1eye

Promotion to the Championship is the required minimum objective, to ensure we can then develop a sustainable platform for our club for future generations. A further trading loss will be incurred next year in this division which will further diminish, but not deplete, our retained capital.

Source: here

A further trading loss will be incurred next year in this division which will further diminish, but not deplete, our retained capital.

Trading loss not overall loss. In other words we have retained capital that we can use in certain situations. We have taken the decision to spend some of it to remain full time and sign a few players. We are not running in debt.

Sorry if it upsets teams with lack of backing and support.

Guest honestrae95

'Dunfermline are cheating c***s' thread for this pash pls.

I really do hope Lachs pledge to communicate more often comes into fruition, as it's so badly needed. The most frustrating part of the clubs lack of communication is when Lach does communicate, he always comes across well and talks sense. It's a bit annoying that he needs to be pressed and probed to eventually communicate. FWIW, I quite like him and although his ambition for the club could be questioned, I think he's been a good chairman. However, change is definitely needed.

*awaits the CAMRON OOT brigade*

An interesting read from Lachlan. I think more regular communications like this would go a long way to keeping the majority of fans on-side.

What worries me the most is that, despite the fact we aren't competing with others in the division financially for players, we're still not self-sustaining since he's had to pump in £100k to make sure the bills are paid.

Trading loss not overall loss. In other words we have retained capital that we can use in certain situations. We have taken the decision to spend some of it to remain full time and sign a few players. We are not running in debt.

Away and learn some basic accountancy and come back when you learn the difference between profit/loss and assets/liabilities.

If you run a trading loss, you are making a loss. How you are financing this is irrelevant to this fact.

Sorry if it upsets teams with lack of backing and support.

I am sure that this heartfelt remorse is appreciated by the people previously shafted by DAFC.

How are we operating at a loss?

Can someone show the maths?

:huh::1eye

Sorry pal but you're not even following your own argument. There is a difference between trading at a loss and not being in debt. Your capital is depleting, you are trading at a loss. You are spending more than you have coming in. You are going part-time next season if you don't get promoted as your current model is unsustainable.

These are all facts from your own board's statement. You have failed to grasp what is going on here, which renders any further input from you on this matter pointless.

A trading loss is an overall loss for the next season, your board are saying next season they are planning to spend more than the expect to get in, but they have cash reserves at the moment to cover it.

Back to LC's statement, being a cynic it does look like he has seen all the apathy of the support, and decided he needs to do something to get people back on side, or at least inject a bit of positivity which was sorely needed after the last week. I do think he is a man with a bit of morals, who would rather do the right thing than the easy thing. I get the impression that he isn't exactly happy with Roberts as manager (saying some of the results were horrendus), but he was given 3 targets for the year which he met, and im assuming that Cameron didn't think it fair not to continue given the circumstances, however he has been given a much stricter remit this year so if he doesn't deliver his conscious will be clear about getting rid of him.

Also is it just my reading of it, but it comes across that the budget for this year is going to be more than this year (not massively but an increase none the less)?

Cynical, no, but could he not have made it a bit shorter. It would also be preferable if he could address the reasons why he needs to continually put in extra cash rather than just mentioning that he and other directors do it. (Not in print, obviously, as that would be another 1,000 words...). Why is it that, no matter the season or circumstances, there is always a cash flow problem? We've been hearing that since 2003.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't eh?

I thought the statement was very good. I'm glad he mentioned the bit about volunteers. Does anyone know if we use volunteers in any way? I live too far away but I know that my wee old mum has said she wouldn't mind doing a few hours a week to help the club, and I'm sure there would be others. But the club has to take the lead so hopefully this will help.

Back to LC's statement, being a cynic it does look like he has seen all the apathy of the support, and decided he needs to do something to get people back on side, or at least inject a bit of positivity which was sorely needed after the last week.

Also is it just my reading of it, but it comes across that the budget for this year is going to be more than this year (not massively but an increase none the less)?

Sorely needed is right, but by and large it seems to have had the desired effect, so fair play to him. There has been a massive swing in attitude amongst fans overnight since this release, and that can only be a good thing in terms of people continuing to come through the gates. It's not all sweetness and light, but I think his transparency has bought him some grace.

On the last piece on an increased budget, I sort of read it that way too, which I still can't quite work out.

Archived