f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Joking aside, Robertson is feckin awful. Was on a fortune with us and was brutal every week.

Didn't do any better at livvy by the sounds of it.

In saying that, Declan McManus didn't impress at Alloa and he is one of the best players in the league so he might have found his level and mccall might just get something out of him.

Will be curious to see how he does.

Hope you stay up.

For what it's worth, I always liked Davie Robertson when he was at Tannadice. He was never first pick but he was a very capable squad player and played plenty of games in the SPL. He's an ungainly bugger, which tends to attract derision, but technically he's fine, he works hard and he's a team player. He's also an excellent finisher and makes great runs. Or did when he was with us. I've not seen him for a couple of years but I'd be very surprised if he was finished at 28 and would expect him to be a very solid League 1 player.

Not a fan then KB?

I'm not against the signing in principle: we need more experience and someone who can make something happen in the final third but he signed for a Morton team in a similar circumstance (albeit a league above) last season and by all accounts contributed nothing - I saw him vs. Alloa in April and he was going through the motions, albeit he went off with an injury after 30-odd minutes.

Overall, I'm just pretty underwhelmed with his arrival and had hoped the squad might have been a good bit stronger at the end of the transfer window than it appears to be.

Over 100 games this season between our 5 midfielders left at the club and they have scored 9 goals between them . Forrest scoring 7 so hes contributing more than his fair share . McLaughlins away but he also contributed .What exactly have the other 4 been doing all season ? 2 goals between them . Surely they cant all be sitting midfielders . Nowhere near acceptable that for 4 experienced players . Time they helped out and chipped in with a few goals .

For what it's worth, I always liked Davie Robertson when he was at Tannadice. He was never first pick but he was a very capable squad player and played plenty of games in the SPL. He's an ungainly bugger, which tends to attract derision, but technically he's fine, he works hard and he's a team player. He's also an excellent finisher and makes great runs. Or did when he was with us. I've not seen him for a couple of years but I'd be very surprised if he was finished at 28 and would expect him to be a very solid League 1 player.

He did make some good runs into the box in his runs with us, but his finishing was atrocious. There were some seriously embarrassing sitters missed. He also worked hard enough but struggled to get involved in games in any meaningful way. Basically anything he did with the ball at his feet was terrible.

He was also always finished by about the hour mark, that was his limit. I don't know what happened after he left Dundee united, maybe his injuries at St Johnstone finished him at any decent level, but the guy was like a shadow of a football player - he seemed like he knew what he was supposed to do, he just couldn't do it.

I'm not against the signing in principle: we need more experience and someone who can make something happen in the final third but he signed for a Morton team in a similar circumstance (albeit a league above) last season and by all accounts contributed nothing - I saw him vs. Alloa in April and he was going through the motions, albeit he went off with an injury after 30-odd minutes.

Overall, I'm just pretty underwhelmed with his arrival and had hoped the squad might have been a good bit stronger at the end of the transfer window than it appears to be.

As always, the voice of reason Kitty Boy

Good luck with that. I think Scott McLaughlin is a better player. The boy has had a lot of bad luck. I hope it goes well for him.

McLaughlin is going to shitfest his way to the summer before Clyde realise an 18 month deal is an awful idea and he heads off to junior irrelevance

According to the OS we've signed up Bodog for a 5th year as sponsors, with an "improved deal".

Guessing that means they are paying us a little bit more?

We're also going to be able to buy the new strips the weekend of our last game of the season. The currently level of forward thinking around the club is starting to scare me....

Archived