f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

Marko always played well for us, I wish him all the best if he signs for Clyde.

I wish I could, but he's completely ruined (for me) his playing reputation thanks to his managerial contribution. Not just because his shortcomings and results, but his continuous lack of acknowledgement to his underachievements and continuously blaming the players, fans, injuries. Then after he was sacked, having a go at the fans, stating that at times it was like we ran the club, if only.

He could and should have called it a day at the end of last season and left with some self respect, or acknowledged months ago it just wasn't meant to be and left, but he's dragged this saga on so long, that the mess he has left behind has put us in serious danger of being relegated to League 2.

I for one can't wish him the best, nor welcome him back to Somerset.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He contributed to one of the greatest days of my life at Brechin, and reading his comments after he left it seems that the day means as much to him as it did to those that were there in the stand. Think the stress of being manager made him lash out at people a couple of times, but for me it doesn't spoil the memories of him as a player

I wish I could, but he's completely ruined (for me) his playing reputation thanks to his managerial contribution. Not just because his shortcomings and results, but his continuous lack of acknowledgement to his underachievements and continuously blaming the players, fans, injuries. Then after he was sacked, having a go at the fans, stating that at times it was like we ran the club, if only.

He could and should have called it a day at the end of last season and left with some self respect, or acknowledged months ago it just wasn't meant to be and left, but he's dragged this saga on so long, that the mess he has left behind has put us in serious danger of being relegated to League 2.

I for one can't wish him the best, nor welcome him back to Somerset.

I think the players could take a lot of the blame also, 3 games under Millen and 1 game under McCall have shown that they are still pish.

After 4 games we were top, played Stenhousemuir, lost Murphy and Campbell to injury and signed Craig Beattie the following week

Had the 2 center halfs stayed fit and Beattie been able to play more than 45min Roberts may still have been in a job, Ayr would probably be in or around the play-off places just now, but because that happened, he was even more exposed for not being able to change things, having no ideas and probably knew for months he had to hang about for the sack.

He was a good lower league player but he's barely kicked a ball in 3 years......and he's 38

I think the players could take a lot of the blame also, 3 games under Millen and 1 game under McCall have shown that they are still pish.

After 4 games we were top, played Stenhousemuir, lost Murphy and Campbell to injury and signed Craig Beattie the following week

Had the 2 center halfs stayed fit and Beattie been able to play more than 45min Roberts may still have been in a job, Ayr would probably be in or around the play-off places just now, but because that happened, he was even more exposed for not being able to change things, having no ideas and probably knew for months he had to hang about for the sack.

He was a good lower league player but he's barely kicked a ball in 3 years......and he's 38

That's all ifs and buts though, Roberts signed these players knowing their injury records, and had no strength in depth. This is the 3rd team he had, and the third that failed.

IMO it was a fluke start to the season, we got beat by Clyde, easily beat East Stirling then won out first 3 games of the season. Since the Forfar at home win, we won 2 in 16, including cup games. That for me tells you more about that squad than the first 3 matches.

Hopefully the new signing will allow Devlin to play right mid where he looks like he could be a threat going forward and is defensively sound, and this will allow Forrest to play central. A left back, centre mid and striker now please. If possible a new goalie too!

I can only take a wild guess at Jason Scotland tbh, he also mentioned hes looking at trying to get Mark Wilson in as First Team Coach, just been released by Dundee United apparently

I watched the live stream of the meet the manager assembly and was pretty impressed with Ian McCall (although who doesn't come away from these events feeling good?) He talks a good game and is in no doubt about how grave the situation is - one lad asked him if he thought the current team should be looking to do better than just avoid relegation and the manager more or less told him if that was the case, he wouldn't be there in the first place.

Who was the old boy at the front who started crying?

That's all ifs and buts though, Roberts signed these players knowing their injury records, and had no strength in depth. This is the 3rd team he had, and the third that failed.

IMO it was a fluke start to the season, we got beat by Clyde, easily beat East Stirling then won out first 3 games of the season. Since the Forfar at home win, we won 2 in 16, including cup games. That for me tells you more about that squad than the first 3 matches.

My point is that had he had slightly more luck in one week, we would still be saddled with him, but the players have to take a lot of the blame also, he signed experienced pros and the stand-outs in his time have been Moffatt and Donald who came from the juniors and Forrest and Crawford who came from the academy.

I watched the live stream of the meet the manager assembly and was pretty impressed with Ian McCall (although who doesn't come away from these events feeling good?) He talks a good game and is in no doubt about how grave the situation is - one lad asked him if he thought the current team should be looking to do better than just avoid relegation and the manager more or less told him if that was the case, he wouldn't be there in the first place.

Who was the old boy at the front who started crying?

Sure that was Bill McWilliams, didn't catch what he was saying cause the stream kept breaking up at that point but from what I gathered he was talking about his time as a supporter and all the effort being put in at the River cottage travel club?

It was "Uncle Bill" indeed. He basically was bigging up the RC travel club and inviting the entire football staff to come and meet them all (I think, stream was going a bit by that point).

Reading between the lines, it seems as if Martyn Campbell has played his last game for the club. Also seems like he was keen on Donnelly but didn't have much to say about fat Craig Beattie.

I have absolutely no idea what the team will look like on Saturday but i'm excited to see us play with a bit of pride.

Hopefully a few more fans will turn out for this game given the more optimistic feeling about the club now. Certainly looking much better off the park with McCall and Henry, judging by the vibes coming from the meet the manager event. Although if I recall correctly at the start Mark Roberts was saying all the right things about attractive football, engaging with the community and getting the fans back so we'll need to wait and see if McCall can actually deliver.

Archived