f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

Realistically, who are we going to get in to replace him?

The popular choices on THP/facebook etc are Tommy Sloan and Darren Henderson. Both would be shocking appointments, two managers who have done well in the pub leagues. Be as well giving the KaisAyr manager a go!

Right now I'd settle for someone different, nevermind better.

But it is still a very attractive post: full-time, working with a squad of players every day and an outside chance of promotion if you get in early enough. Stirling, for example, had over 30 applicants for a much less attractive post.

Any managerial appointment is a gamble and while it might be difficult to name names right now I think we can be confident there would be interest from some potentially decent managers. Certainly guys you'd choose over Roberts...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now I'd settle for someone different, nevermind better.

But it is still a very attractive post: full-time, working with a squad of players every day and an outside chance of promotion if you get in early enough. Stirling, for example, had over 30 applicants for a much less attractive post.

Any managerial appointment is a gamble and while it might be difficult to name names right now I think we can be confident there would be interest from some potentially decent managers. Certainly guys you'd choose over Roberts...

Guys like Kenny Shiels?

If we dont advertise we will never know. There must be loads of out of work managers that would jump at the chance given we are now kinda full time.

As for the squad I think we are a centre half and a centre mid with a bit of presence that can actually tackle away from being promotion contenders if we get rid of Roberts

Peter, Im not convinced that the players are absolute garbage and i think there is enough quality between the 1st team and 20s squad to seriously put together a challenge in Division 2. I think the problem lies with our management and coaching. Im not convinced the players are happy with the manager and how things are going with the coaching set-up. The players dont seem to be playing for the manager and you can see this briefly when they score a goal and they run to the assistant instead of the manager.

Looking at the body language of the players and when you watch them on a Saturday it doesnt look like it would bother the players if there was a change of management. At the end of the day they're looking after their own wages and careers. Its got to the stage now where the manager needs to get his gang together before it gets any worse. He needs help and needs his senior players back on side soon because at the moment hes losing his players and supporters. Get this club back on an even keel and lets get that siege mentality back at Somerset with everyone pulling in the same direction and i think the results will return. Whether or not its with this manager and staff im not sure and time will tell. Ayr supporters have had enough and right now things need to change.

We've got the players, so let's bin that myth right away. This is the third squad Roberts has had at his disposal and he's managed to make each one look more garbage than the last.

We get the same script every time about the players letting him down and not following basic orders - then those same players leave us and perform very well for other clubs. Of course, if we had a board that actually cared, they'd be spotting the common theme - and he's slouched in our dugout.

I'm all for a new manager. The irony is, if we get someone who's even half capable, they'll quickly work out we're a farce behind the scenes and either A) quit or B) get dragged down with us.

It's suited Roberts to say nothing in public about what a shambles the club is, but he'll be an interesting interview once he does leave.

When Reid took over he got rid of all the wasters Watt brought to the club and replaced them with guys like Keanan who had a bit of passion, Roberts took over and replaced them with David Sinclair.....

We need the same again, someone who will come in and clear any dead wood and stop us losing games, we have been honking at the back since Roberts took over and this season we've managed to score sod all

A good point. I'd almost forgot we were full-time amidst all the defeats.

Out of interest who are these great players we have?

With the exception of Peter Murphy and Michael Donald i'd struggle to name any more. Alan Forrest + Peter McGill if they turn up, but they're always hit and a miss. (To be expected at their age).

I think Donald has been poor this season as well

With the exception of Peter Murphy and Michael Donald i'd struggle to name any more. Alan Forrest + Peter McGill if they turn up, but they're always hit and a miss. (To be expected at their age).

Dale Shirkie

Given it's the manager's responsibility to put a team/squad together I think that the answer to the question is almost irrelevant.

Either Roberts is failing to get the right results from a good squad or he's failed to put together a good squad. Both tasks are fundamental parts of managing a professional football team.

Given it's the manager's responsibility to put a team/squad together I think that the answer to the question is almost irrelevant.

Either Roberts is failing to get the right results from a good squad or he's failed to put together a good squad. Both tasks are fundamental parts of managing a professional football team.

On paper we have the players to be mounting a decent playoff challenge maybe even mingle with the battle for top, so I'd say it's probably the former.

Archived