f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

Hahahahaha, any idea what was said, I'm sure it's very complementary.

Nah can't remember. There was a few quotes throughout i just remember at the time recognising your name from here. Most of the quotes from forums were anti-Roberts comments so i presume that's what yours was, i'll have a flick thru later see if i can find anyone from this :lol:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah can't remember. There was a few quotes throughout i just remember at the time recognising your name from here. Most of the quotes from forums were anti-Roberts comments so i presume that's what yours was, i'll have a flick thru later see if i can find anyone from this :lol:

Willie H is bound to be mentioned!!!!

He would have got on alright if he actually had some substance in his arguments rather than just attacking everyone then not giving a valid viewpoint of his own.

When the club was being criticised one of his favourite tricks was to get the debate shut down until end of season as it wasn't the 'right time' to comment. His own views were always promised once the season finished but conveniently enough he always vanished at this point.

A typical conversation with Gerry:

Me- Marko has under performed this year.

Gerry- YER SO WRONG. Markos a really good guy and there are things going on behind the scenes.

Me- Explain please Gerry.

Gerry- YER SO WRONG. Markos a really good guy...

That's almost like a spoiler for the book.

I just finished it earlier today and it's a pretty decent read.Nothing earth shattering that we didn't know really but well worth a look.It did tell us that the board didn't give Marko his playing budget til very late so he couldn't offer players deals when he wanted to.

That's almost like a spoiler for the book.

I just finished it earlier today and it's a pretty decent read.Nothing earth shattering that we didn't know really but well worth a look.It did tell us that the board didn't give Marko his playing budget til very late so he couldn't offer players deals when he wanted to.

What did he say about me? Genuinely interested to know, but no chance I'll be paying for it haha.

What did he say about me? Genuinely interested to know, but no chance I'll be paying for it haha.

I think it was only quoting one of your Roberts GTF posts.He quoted a few folk but i don't think he actually said anything about individual posters.Only about the fans getting on the teams back etc

Had a quick look there and he referred to your post commenting on rumours that Shankland was being released mid season which didn''t happen.As i said..no personal comment got made.Just what you had said about it being pish that he was being released.

Ah that's a let down from big Gerry.

I'm halfway through Gerry's book and really enjoying it. Definitely a worthwhile read for most Ayr fans. The constant references to fan negativity in the stands and Internet forums are irritating but it's nice to get a bit of insight into matchday behind the scenes and some characters at the club.

So it seems the move for Nicky Riley has 'hit the buffers' and the mysterious centre-half is indeed the retired Kevin Rutkiewicz.

Just when I was starting to warm to Roberts again he behaves in a rather irritating manner. Clearly we hadn't signed three players, as he suggested after the Stenny game, so why get people's hopes up unnecessarily? As for Rutkiewicz, he's been sent for a scan on a heel injury by our physio. Seriously, if the guy has retired through injury, and is currently unfit, let's not waste any more time on him. He's not going to be good enough now, even if he does get in some way match fit.

Paul Slane is an interesting prospect, although the guy clearly has some amount of baggage! I suspect that's about trying to cushion the Riley blow, however.

As much as I think that Paul Slane could be an exciting player for us, do we really need him? Alan Forrest seems very settled in the role he's been given and if I were Roberts I'd be reluctant to disturb that, but presumably Slane doesn't see being a back-up player in a third tier as a way to kick-start his career again.

Archived