f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

Ayr United have never played in League Two. I for one am looking forward to this new adventure.

It didn't harm Alloa. They ended up attracting a good manager who led them to back-to-back promotions with a decent young squad......I'm desperately seeking a silver lining to Ayr's inevitable relegation here!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends on the terms of his new contract. If there is some kind of clause where they can sack him cheaply I don't think they will hang around.

I get the impression from Lachlan's previous statement that he's running out of patience with Roberts.

He was at the game on Saturday, surely that opened his eyes.

It didn't harm Alloa. They ended up attracting a good manager who led them to back-to-back promotions with a decent young squad......I'm desperately seeking a silver lining to Ayr's inevitable relegation here!

Honest Page for this pish please.

Alloa have an ambitious chairman. We do not

Alloa have an ambitious chairman. We do not

Getting relegated to League 2 showed real ambition.

They did spend a shitload getting out of League 2 though (despite their fans' claims otherwise) which is why looking at Alloa as a model of what can be achieved is pretty pointless. In football 'ambition' just means 'spending money' which Ayr are in no position to do unless they wish to go bust.

They did spend a shitload getting out of League 2 though (despite their fans' claims otherwise) which is why looking at Alloa as a model of what can be achieved is pretty pointless. In football 'ambition' just means 'spending money' which Ayr are in no position to do unless they wish to go bust.

Wasn't that the season they signed utter dross like Scott Walker on decent money and were talking about a title push in August before facing a relegation battle by October?

I'd love the fairytale build the club up with youth talent, the problem is we have a manager who clearly doesn't rate the majority of them or have a clue how to handle them.

Wasn't that the season they signed utter dross like Scott Walker on decent money and were talking about a title push in August before facing a relegation battle by October?

I'd love the fairytale build the club up with youth talent, the problem is we have a manager who clearly doesn't rate the majority of them or have a clue how to handle them.

For all Alloa's supposed ambition though, they are going to get relegated this year and end up back in the same league as us (assuming neither of us go down..), it's got them nowhere.

Even if your young players are any good though the idea that anyone can just build a team with them is unrealistic. At the first sign of potential they'll be signed by a bigger club for peanuts. Tony Watt was with us for half a season before being signed by Celtic. I think we got about 100k (and hopefully a % of future sale!) which sounds good, but he's pretty much the only young player that we've produced for a profit in the last 10 years. If you divide that over that period and then compare it with how much running youth teams has cost us in that time it's nothing, you could argue it's not even worth having a youth system below say under 17s, and just pick off Old Firm cast offs instead, like Ayr did with Forrest.

, you could argue it's not even worth having a youth system below say under 17s, and just pick off Old Firm cast offs instead, like Ayr did with Forrest.

Its at that stage where the begin to become significant tho. Regardless the push for regional academies will take u17s and bellow not directly run by clubs.

For all Alloa's supposed ambition though, they are going to get relegated this year and end up back in the same league as us (assuming neither of us go down..), it's got them nowhere.

Even if your young players are any good though the idea that anyone can just build a team with them is unrealistic. At the first sign of potential they'll be signed by a bigger club for peanuts. Tony Watt was with us for half a season before being signed by Celtic. I think we got about 100k (and hopefully a % of future sale!) which sounds good, but he's pretty much the only young player that we've produced for a profit in the last 10 years. If you divide that over that period and then compare it with how much running youth teams has cost us in that time it's nothing, you could argue it's not even worth having a youth system below say under 17s, and just pick off Old Firm cast offs instead, like Ayr did with Forrest.

Forest is home grown.

When did Alan Forrest play for one of the Old Firm? Genuinely curious. I'd just assumed we'd picked him up from one of the local boys' clubs when he was 13/14.

It's a little odd to automatically assume a player was picked up from boys clubs, players move around pro youth loads.

As long as we never play their snorefest "brand" of football

It's a little odd to automatically assume a player was picked up from boys clubs, players move around pro youth loads.

Aye but he's a local lad, and has been with the club a few years now. He's only just turned seventeen.

I know they do, and I don't automatically assume that our youth players have been signed from local boys' clubs. This is the first I've heard of Forrest playing for one of the OF when he was younger and, given the hype surrounding him, I thought it would've been mentioned somewhere before if he'd played pro-youth elsewhere (particularly if he'd been released), which is why I assumed he hadn't.

If there is any sense in the boardroom at all he will be out on his arse if Ayr are at the wrong end of the table near the end of September.

But this is Ayr United we are talking about. They will only change things when its too late.

This idea that we have a 'boardroom' cracks me up. You'd find stronger characters running the Muirkirk sewing bee.

Scary thing is, the delusional clowns reckon the fans are to blame for everything.

Archived