f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need at least one more CH, a midfielder and a striker. Just realised (probably due to the panic of having no CH or striker signed) that we only have Gilmour and McLaughlin in the middle of the park.

I would assume if / when Crawford and Shankland come back thats 2 out of the 3 covered.

I suppose it depends how the McArthur Murphy partnership plays out in the first few games on whether we need a first choice CH or just cover (ie Campbell and McKrakcen)

I wouldn't be surprised to see Roberts slot himself into centre mid this year.

I would assume if / when Crawford and Shankland come back thats 2 out of the 3 covered.

What makes you think they'll come back? Shankland seemed pretty adamant on Twitter that he's cut his ties with Ayr and Crawford is, to my knowledge, still training with Sheffield United. Even if either/both of them don't get a move sorted elsewhere I suspect they'd be wary of coming back, given the way Roberts handled the similar situation with Tiffoney.

Just posted this on the Clyde v Ayr topic as our likely starting 11 for Saturday. If Donnelly gets us goals, it's not too bad a starting team I reckon.

Hutton

Devlin McArthur Murphy McKinaly

Forrest Gilmour McLaughlin Donald

JP

Donnelly

The likes of Peter McGill, Ryan Nesbitt, Andrew Muir, Craig McCracken, Sean McKenzie, Jai Holland, Steven Hutchison and Michael Wardope will more than likely all play their part and I reckon 1 or 2 can make a breakthrough like Forrest did last year.

Carlisle fan here, see you've signed Peter Murphy, he'll be a class act in Scottish Division 3

Last season he played for Celtic Nation, basically because they paid him a good wage and it was a mile from the house he already lived in. Their backer, Frank Lynch, has pulled the plug though and all their players are leaving

Seen him score a JPT winner at Wembley in front of 45,000 people, score the goal that took us up from the conference, and play well enough to make the RoI squad in the season we nearly made the championship

Also seen him get sent off in the conference against York, have a howler at Wembley in a different match in front of 70,000 people, but when you've played 400 odd games for one club you're going to do pretty much everything that can be done

Good luck to him

Carlisle fan here, see you've signed Peter Murphy, he'll be a class act in Scottish Division 3

Last season he played for Celtic Nation, basically because they paid him a good wage and it was a mile from the house he already lived in. Their backer, Frank Lynch, has pulled the plug though and all their players are leaving

Seen him score a JPT winner at Wembley in front of 45,000 people, score the goal that took us up from the conference, and play well enough to make the RoI squad in the season we nearly made the championship

Also seen him get sent off in the conference against York, have a howler at Wembley in a different match in front of 70,000 people, but when you've played 400 odd games for one club you're going to do pretty much everything that can be done

Good luck to him

Good to hear, but i'll probably ask the question everyone else is thinking, why come to us? I can imagine he'll be on a fraction of his previous wage.

How has Devlin played so far? I haven't seen us play yet this season and won't be at the game tomorrow but, based on what I've read from the Stenny fans on here, a right-hand side of Devlin and Forrest seems like it might be quite vulnerable defensively.

What makes you think they'll come back? Shankland seemed pretty adamant on Twitter that he's cut his ties with Ayr and Crawford is, to my knowledge, still training with Sheffield United. Even if either/both of them don't get a move sorted elsewhere I suspect they'd be wary of coming back, given the way Roberts handled the similar situation with Tiffoney.

My assumption was that if we have offered them a contract we would need to honour it to get any cash if they sign for someone else, so if they do decide to return / dont get an offer elsewhere we cant just say we dont want them as they would be free to go elsewhere for nothing then.

I would think until they do officially sign elsewhere the money will be ringfenced to ensure we dont lose out.

I think Crawford will get a dal somewhere if he has been at Sheffield that long, shankland though, last I heard was at Celtic Nation, but cant see them offering him anything now, so might have a re-think

My assumption was that if we have offered them a contract we would need to honour it to get any cash if they sign for someone else, so if they do decide to return / dont get an offer elsewhere we cant just say we dont want them as they would be free to go elsewhere for nothing then.

I would think until they do officially sign elsewhere the money will be ringfenced to ensure we dont lose out.

I think Crawford will get a dal somewhere if he has been at Sheffield that long, shankland though, last I heard was at Celtic Nation, but cant see them offering him anything now, so might have a re-think

Personally I don't want to sign anyone that doesn't really want to be at Somerset, let them go

Just posted this on the Clyde v Ayr topic as our likely starting 11 for Saturday. If Donnelly gets us goals, it's not too bad a starting team I reckon.

Hutton

Devlin McArthur Murphy McKinaly

Forrest Gilmour McLaughlin Donald

JP

Donnelly

The likes of Peter McGill, Ryan Nesbitt, Andrew Muir, Craig McCracken, Sean McKenzie, Jai Holland, Steven Hutchison and Michael Wardope will more than likely all play their part and I reckon 1 or 2 can make a breakthrough like Forrest did last year.

Do we know if McKinlay is fit after his knock against Crusaders?

If Donald were to sit at left back I wouldn't have too much of a problem slotting McGill in on the wing as I think he's done ok. Granted Donald has far more influence on the game playing on the wing and should always be starting here when possible. I think whether Roberts starts McArthur or not on Saturday will show us if he rates him or not and is willing to give him a crack at first team football.

I would prefer to see Forrest and McGovern switch positions on your line up, McGovern delivers the better cross ball and Forrest would thrive buzzing about behind the front man.

I think Crawford will get a dal somewhere if he has been at Sheffield that long, shankland though, last I heard was at Celtic Nation, but cant see them offering him anything now, so might have a

re-think

You only have to offer them a contract on equal or better terms by the relevant date. If they reject it, which they both have, we have no obligation to pay them and are still due compensation.

So, do people now think there is a possibility of us actually having a better team than last season?

Archived