f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took a trip down to the hurlford game last night since it's not far from mine.

The two guys you have at centre mid, don't know names but wore 6 & 8 I think, are good. But as was before mentioned quite lightweight in midfield.

Thought you were poor at defending set pieces as well. Going forward the boy Forrest is decent and can cause us problems I would think.

Expecting a close game on Saturday, should be a good one to watch.

But Roberts doesn't fancy McArthur and Bobo will get injured again...

Given McKinlay has already played at centre-back in pre-season and Roberts was quoted as saying when he signed "Primarily he will be a left back however he can slot into other postions" I think its safe to say we'll see McKinlay at centre-back this season, probably alongside Scott McLaughlin or a returning Kyle McAusland at some point.

We badly need two centre-backs and a left-back (given McKinlay's injury record) IMO.

Oh, and two strikers.

rather get a striker than a left back, full back is a position at this level that like goalkeeper you can get away having a youngster play

did we have u20s last year or are we just coming in line with other spfl teams?

itzdrk - The SFA / SPFL have " harmonised " the Youth System across all Clubs.

Pro Youth Age Groups now run u11 , u12 , u13 , u14 , u15 , u17 , u20 .

Most of last Years u19 team still therefore with the Club although this Year there will be NO Reserves as each Club can play up to a Maximum 5 overage players in an u20s fixture ( injured 1st Teamers finding Match Fitness etc ).

Hope that helps / explains.

Said on here a few months back Ayr should have signed Craig Pettigrew from Talbot, what happens , he signs for biggest rivals and is a complete standout so far . Well done Mr Roberts , BTW McAusland thinks he's a far better player than he is , better off without him . Still no defence and season about to start. No job by Xmas !!

Yeah because a guy who was freed six years ago for clearly not being good enough, and has spent the intervening period in the Juniors would definitely be our saviour.

Can't wait to hear what kids/Juniors obsessed pish you come out with to justify this one!

Biggest rivals :lol:

Pettigrew had his chance and wasn't good enough. No loss.

Think you could be wrong here, Pettigrew is way good enough to play for Ayr, mind you, right now, that's hardly an endorsement.

Why is it fcuking ridiculous?

He was not a stand-out for Ayr. Solid, perhaps; heart on sleeve, obviously; did not cut it at senior level, patently.

Only saw two Talbot games last year and the standard was pretty poor ( that seems to be the elephant in the room when you watch junior games though).

Yeah because a guy who was freed six years ago for clearly not being good enough, and has spent the intervening period in the Juniors would definitely be our saviour.

Can't wait to hear what kids/Juniors obsessed pish you come out with to justify this one!

Moffat was clearly not good enough given he ended up at Girvan, how'd that work out for him?

Why is it fcuking ridiculous?

He was not a stand-out for Ayr. Solid, perhaps; heart on sleeve, obviously; did not cut it at senior level, patently.

Only saw two Talbot games last year and the standard was pretty poor ( that seems to be the elephant in the room when you watch junior games though).

The guy was still young when he left us, players mature at different rates.

That is no contribution whatsoever. I consider that you have conceded the point.

Why do you assume I've given up, is it because it proves you're talking shite.

Archived