f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

Misery guy went home with a sore leg apparently!!! On signing front was hearing Kevin Rutkiewicz has agreed to sign but can't until 1st August as his easy fife contract doesn't expire until 31st July. Overall today. Good performance and positives for sure!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was at Albion Rovers last season. He's normal build, dark haired guy, could it be Blockley your thinking of?

Ryan Wallace I'm thinking of and yeah, Nathan Blockley is also in the equation, he's a wee ginge......ha ha ha.....Wallace was the one that got ditched for fighting in the car park outside the Excelsior with one of his fellow players.

Ryan Wallace I'm thinking of and yeah, Nathan Blockley is also in the equation, he's a wee ginge......ha ha ha.....Wallace was the one that got ditched for fighting in the car park outside the Excelsior with one of his fellow players.

Wallace isn't ginger.

For about 5 months everything Donnelly touched went in and he was talked up for a move away, he never got his move and from then on was dreadful. I'd say he'd be worth a punt as he has proven he can bang in plenty of goals at this level, albeit for a very brief period. I suppose that's what Brechin and Albion Rovers thought too though and it didn't go very well.

For about 5 months everything Donnelly touched went in and he was talked up for a move away, he never got his move and from then on was dreadful. I'd say he'd be worth a punt as he has proven he can bang in plenty of goals at this level, albeit for a very brief period. I suppose that's what Brechin and Albion Rovers thought too though and it didn't go very well.

You can pretty much pinpoint the moment when Donnelly's career seemed to go down the pan - the moment when he went on trial at Wigan Athletic. Is it just as simple as his head was turned and he was never able to get himself back on track? Or is there something deeper than that?

Heard from a few people today that we have offered a contract to Eddie Malone but he's holding out for a move closer to his home at Edinburgh

Ebbie Malone would be another good signing and it's understandable that he would want something closer to home.

You can pretty much pinpoint the moment when Donnelly's career seemed to go down the pan - the moment when he went on trial at Wigan Athletic. Is it just as simple as his head was turned and he was never able to get himself back on track? Or is there something deeper than that?

Ryan is a really nice guy and definitely has good technical ability on the ball. As others have also noted; he does know where the net is at this level.

My theory is that he just isn't that fussed whether he really cracks it in football or not. Maybe that's why the Wigan thing was a turning point - maybe he realised it just wasn't what he really wanted.

As other Airdrie fans have said, he's probably worth a punt but with Brechin & Rovers he looked like a shadow of the player he was in that half season with us.

Many folk heading to Hurlford for the game on Monday night? What time is kick off? Hurlford are reporting it as a 7pm kick off on their twitter where as on the Ayr website it says 7:30pm

Many folk heading to Hurlford for the game on Monday night? What time is kick off? Hurlford are reporting it as a 7pm kick off on their twitter where as on the Ayr website it says 7:30pm

I'll be heading up. It'll probably be 7pm, as Hurlford don't have floodlights.

U20S put on a very creditable performance in the 3 way Joe Meldrum Memorial Tournament at Glenafton Athletic today .

Results were :

Match 1. Ayr Utd u20s 6 v 4 St Cuthberts Wanderers

Match 2. Glenafton Athletic 3 v 2 St Cuthberts Wanderers

Match 3. Glenafton Athletic 2 v 1 Ayr Utd u20s

The Glens won the " decider " very late on. Good performance from the youngsters against last seasons Scottish Junior Cup Runners Up. Squad ranged from 15 year olds to 19 year olds but in the main is very young for U20s and included Love , Muir , Lavery , " Mossie " , Finlay , McCreadie , Wardrop , McGuffie , Holland , Nisbet , Richardson , Keifer , Lapham ( sorry if I missed anybody as some " new " lads in ).

All the more pleasing is that from last Years successful 19s squad McArthur , McCracken , McGill & McKenzie joined Forest in the First Team against Crusaders today.

The Academy is working down Ayr way , whatever happens this Season take a longer view and the only way is Up !

Archived