f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'll dust my tonsils down to give Marko the treatment this season, hopefully Lachlan meant 2 or 3 games in the bottom half when he was outlining Marko's targets for the season coming.

Can't wait to throw my tenner away next week.

6-1 to the DKBs is a sackable offence IMHO. Regardless of it being a pre season behind closed doors type match....

Edit: Any idea of the Ayr team?

Apparently mostly trialists, however the would've been pretty obvious.

What's Antony Marenghi like? Played the last two games for us.

He has loads of natural ability. Mark Roberts used to go on about how outstanding he was in training. I get the impression that any club giving him a trial will be greatly impressed. Put him into the hurly-burly of a competitive match and you probably won't notice he's playing. That said, he is lethal with a dead ball within shooting distance.

Seemingly our starting team was,

Hutton

Devlin, McCracken, McArtur, McKinley

Forrest, Gilmour, McLaughlin, Donald

McGovern, McKenzie

The bench was made up of youngsters aginst a killie team of

Samson
Tumwa, Ashcroft, Connolly, Barbour
Kilte, Slater, Hammil, Johnston
McKenzie, Miller

Hutton

McGovern, McKenzie

Samson

McKenzie, Miller

That's pretty much the best we've got, oh dear.

Isn't this what you've always dreamed of?

So who are the new names then? Youths or trialists?

I dream about Ayr winning trophies not getting humped by Killie.

It looks like 3 youngsters and 8 seniors of which most if not all are signed.

Hutton

McGovern, McKenzie

Samson

McKenzie, Miller

One trialist (Devlin).

I assume that 'the best' e.g. the players who are holding out for the best offers, who in turn Roberts is holding out to sign, don't do trials...

One trialist (Devlin).

I assume that 'the best' e.g. the players who are holding out for the best offers, who in turn Roberts is holding out to sign, don't do trials...

I suppose they just do them with better sides. Archie Campbell is on trial at Raith, for example, so we'll see if he gets signed there. The good thing is as more teams sign players, and fill their squads, the picture becomes clearer and the players left have fewer options.

Call me niave but I do get the impression we must have a bit of money, what with the players we have lost and the additional money Cameron has put in. Hopefully when we do make a few signings it will be demonstrated that we were going about it the right way, and it's been worth the wait.

As I say, call me niave.

I suppose they just do them with better sides. Archie Campbell is on trial at Raith, for example, so we'll see if he gets signed there. The good thing is as more teams sign players, and fill their squads, the picture becomes clearer and the players left have fewer options.

Call me niave but I do get the impression we must have a bit of money, what with the players we have lost and the additional money Cameron has put in. Hopefully when we do make a few signings it will be demonstrated that we were going about it the right way, and it's been worth the wait.

As I say, call me niave.

Hopefully we'll not need to resort to that but there appears to be a fair chance of it happening.

Archived