f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

Why aren't you telling?

As Shug's post proves, anything leaking out of Somerset should be taken with a pinch of salt, we've had endless pledges, promises and intimations that have all came to nothing, why? I've no idea.

I'm still waiting for the CIC announcement and the one we were promised would be made in January.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest honestrae95

As Shug's post proves, anything leaking out of Somerset should be taken with a pinch of salt, we've had endless pledges, promises and intimations that have all came to nothing, why? I've no idea.

I'm still waiting for the CIC announcement and the one we were promised would be made in January.

The club told CIC to postpone the announcement, I believe.

Updated Pre-season schedule

Queen's Park - Away* - 16 July

Crusaders**- Home - 19 July

Hurlford United*** - Away - 22 July

*At The Excelsior Stadium, Airdrie.

**£10 and £5 admission, season tickets valid.

***Replaces Troon away, due to issues with the pitch at Portland Park.

We've also got East Stirling away in the League Cup.

Team are off to Largs this weekend and will play in a 'behind closed doors' game.

We've had 2, maybe 3, decent pre-seasons under Roberts and been sh*te during this season so I'm not too worried about what we do this pre-season...

^^^ clutching at straws

He'll beast us in the first game we play against Stranraer. I thought he had alot of potential but Roberts was not the man to get it out of him. Kind of a familiar theme imo.

What's Antony Marenghi like? Played the last two games for us.

General consensus was that it was a real coup Ayr signing him during the Murray Park fire sale.

Naturally, this meant that after the first preseason (in which he utterly dominated in a 4-0 win against Motherwell) he was generally a shiftless, disinterested passenger. Under an actual manager I'd expect him to have significant form, pretty much like every other player Ayr release to higher clubs these days.

General consensus was that it was a real coup Ayr signing him during the Murray Park fire sale.

Naturally, this meant that after the first preseason (in which he utterly dominated in a 4-0 win against Motherwell) he was generally a shiftless, disinterested passenger. Under an actual manager I'd expect him to have significant form, pretty much like every other player Ayr release to higher clubs these days.

Think you summery re Ayr signing him is prob spot on, ex Celtic and Rangers he must have something in his locker. If we do sign him we do have a good record of getting the best out of players looking to rebuild their career in what could be the last chance saloon for them.

Archived