f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scottish League One side Ayr United, who boasts SoccerViza scout Brian Gilmour as one of their starting midfielders, were in need for a center back. The team, famous for being the last club that Alex Ferguson played for before moving on to his managerial career, decided to take on Adam for an extended trial period with the hopes that he will be able to secure a spot on the team for their coming 2014/15 campaign, in which they're favorites for promotion after losing out in the playoffs last season.

Did ye, aye?

There was no trip.

We were obviously part of it somehow though. Gilmour is quoted as a scout - might he have gone?

I have to say if you watch the trial matches on the website it's no better than Junior level. That Misery guy has been whoring himself in trials around the world, and can't even get picked up at dross level in Iceland or Austria. He's never had a professional contract and he's 23 now.

I don't want to be unnecessarily negative, but if he lasts the week I think it will be out of nothing more than politeness.

We were obviously part of it somehow though. Gilmour is quoted as a scout - might he have gone?

I have to say if you watch the trial matches on the website it's no better than Junior level. That Misery guy has been whoring himself in trials around the world, and can't even get picked up at dross level in Iceland or Austria. He's never had a professional contract and he's 23 now.

I don't want to be unnecessarily negative, but if he lasts the week I think it will be out of nothing more than politeness.

Yeah, Gilmour was there as he's connected with SoccerViza.

Could be Roberts way of saying: "yeah, I know I said I was going to come over but I didn't bother. How about you send me a centre-back and we'll have a look at him to make up for it". They seem very excited about someone from their 'combine' getting a trial in Europe.

If he can head the ball and run this boy will at least be more useful than Campbell...

It's the third time he's had a trial in Europe though. On their website they have failed trials, at backwater lower league clubs, listed as their successes. It looks pretty desperate stuff to be honest.

I suspect it has been a case of:

- Sorry you couldn't make it Markus

- Do you have a big ugly centre-half?

- Yup

- Send him over then

- He's halfway there

Nonsense. Geggan probably the most overrated midfielder in Scotland. Ran about a lot. Sinky could pass him off the park. In all honesty I wish Roberts would get the finger out and bring him home.

Geggan overrated :lol::lol: :lol:

I remember us ceasing to wear our last all black strip rather than the players or management taking any responsibility.

That was 20 seasons ago, believe it or not!

Ayr had just hired (what would become) the worst manager in the clubs history and were facing relegation from the third tier of Scottish football for the first time ever.

No similarities at all, then......

That was 20 seasons ago, believe it or not!

Ayr had just hired (what would become) the worst manager in the clubs history and were facing relegation from the third tier of Scottish football for the first time ever.

No similarities at all, then......

I'll bow to your memory but my brain says it can't possibly be 20 years ago.

Hope you and the family are all keeping well big man.

Yeah Dalziel was on something like Question of Sport saying we looked like a team of undertakers. He ditched the black strip and we wore our away one for the remainder of the season. Would have been 95-96.

The program was They Think It's All Over!!!

Sure it was sponsored by What everyone Wants and we ended up playing in red/blue striped top!!

There was also a black top with Simply Purchasing as the sponsor in the early-mid 2000s

That is an away top so it doesnt really count

Old_10_jpg.jpg

What was Adam Hunter like? He played in a trialist game for us today.

That all depends on where he is deployed

right back? no

Midfield, decent enough but really needs a pass-maker beside him

Archived