f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

Ayr looking like running with the youngsters, rather have them than bargain basement journeymen that don't give a f**k tbh BUT a really sad state of affairs with pre-season already started.

With some managers you can trust they'll pull someone out a hat, with Roberts I've absolutely "0" faith.

Looking at Stirlings signings, we're going to be in trouble this season, do you think Cameron will have the balls to sack Roberts if (a) nobody will sign for us and (b) when we get horsed in our first league game of the season ?

Not looking good at Somerset Park for the season ahead.

:lol:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ayr looking like running with the youngsters, rather have them than bargain basement journeymen that don't give a f**k tbh BUT a really sad state of affairs with pre-season already started.

With some managers you can trust they'll pull someone out a hat, with Roberts I've absolutely "0" faith.

Looking at Stirlings signings, we're going to be in trouble this season, do you think Cameron will have the balls to sack Roberts if (a) nobody will sign for us and (b) when we get horsed in our first league game of the season ?

Not looking good at Somerset Park for the season ahead.

We are going to end up with 4/5 duffers that's for certain ! Roberts is in the mould " fail to plan is a plan to fail " Not looking like a promotion chasing season to me so far, let's see Marko prove me wrong :(

I know it's funny but c'monty f**k.......struggling to take any positives out the situation here.

The positives are that we didn't sign the players that Stirling did

Did Roberts say in the Ayrshire Post that he doesn't care what the fans think? I'm sure he's said this 3/4 times now. I'm really worried about what's happening at the club.

He shouldn't be saying it but he probably shouldn't care what the fans think anyway

I don't know, it's never good business sense to disregard the views of your customers. Especially if they are dwindling at a significant rate. Despite what people might think this is certainly something a Board of Directors will recognise.

It's the absolute uncertainty though, isn't it. It's probably not like any other close season I've ever experienced. The first couple of signings will really signify where the club is going this season, and there are real nerves amongst the support now. We've lost most of our best players, to league rivals, and there is no faith that the manager can either afford, attract, or do anything with new signings.

It's like being on death row and just waiting on your execution date.

The fact that most other clubs have made the signings they want, and pre-season has already begun, means we need some comfort and soon!

The most worrying think about it is that were gonna be left with all idiots that no one else wants, either be there last hope of a club or some juniors who can't find a junior club.

It's really not a great situation to be in, only signing is that guy who stenny didn't seem to want anymore. Would bite your hand off for 8th right now. Can't see Roberts lasting by October-November...... If I'm wrong fair play to him

At the moment , with 19 days till our first friendly & 26 until the first competitive game (if you can call the Challenge Cup that), (and less than 6 weeks until the league starts) our current line up is looking like,

Hutton (?) / Newman

New RB - McArthur - Campbell (?) / New CH - McKinlay

Forrest - McLaughlin - Gilmour - Donald

Nisbet - Roberts / New For

Subs Crawford (?) Shankland (?) Wardrope New Def, New For, New GK

As far as I can tell we have also only managed to arrange 2 friendlies, which would have added a bit to the coffers for the year, but again Roberts cant even organise that. Roberts is quoted as saying he is looking for 5 or 6 new faces coming in, which if those ? do re-sign we should be ok, if they dont we are going to be really threadbare

We need at least

1 RB

1 or 2 CH's

1 Mid

3 For

If he had at least said he had contracts agreed but was waiting on people coming back from holiday to sign I would be happier, but Roberts doesn't inspire any confidence at all. I always think you should have the majority of your squad sorted for pre-season started so you can get some sort of team spirit built up early, and get some tactics beded in before the games start

Not sure on the reliability of my source, but was speaking to someone within the club last night and we're close to signing 5 players, one is an ex Celtic player called John Paul Mcgovern or something similar.

Also apparently Robbie Crawford has a trial with Sheffield United.

Not sure on the reliability of my source, but was speaking to someone within the club last night and we're close to signing 5 players, one is an ex Celtic player called John Paul Mcgovern or something similar.

Cutty Old just wrote a book a wouldn't say he was "inside the club" tbh

Sounds legit, he was released by Derry City on 12th June by mutual consent and has been looking to get back to Scotland for the last year.

Archived