f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

Ayr could definitely benefit from a similar idea to Dunfermline's £20 a month scheme. Would anyone pay into it? I would, but i'd imagine a lot of our support are too negative to bother.

I'd imagine most would say something along the lines of; "I would but Mark Roberts is a DKB so naw!!!!!!!! Sack the board!!!!" Or

something like that.

Edited to add: i see someone has already mentioned it on The Honest Page(I'm not a member so can't post there) working on the basis of 200 people signing up to it. £4000 a month would be the equivalent to £1000 a week which would get you 3 players on the equivalent of our highest earner. Aka 3 Michael Moffats .

And what a handsome young man he is.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I had the spare cash I would, if there was an option to pay in what you could rather than a fixed fee that would be grand.

Although this would obviously make it difficult to finance the addition players but, it is manageable.

Using the 200 fans number above, if the option was opened up to pay what you can when you can then atleast there would be the fixed £4k coming in, with anything additional being earmarked for either the next seasons budget or used for emergency repairs etc.

What about the possibility of the current lottery being doubled to £2 per week? Existing members could have their opinions canvassed to establish if they'd be prepared to continue to subscribe.

Does anyone know if there is an option to pay the lottery by either weekly/monthly standing order? I'm not a member myself but maybe we could all afford to put a little more into the club each season. Is the lottery online, or could that be an option?

Any news of signings yet, every other club seems to be snapping players up left, right and centre. Those of you who were touting Sean Higgins for Somerset, think again, signed for Cowdenbeath.

Any news of signings yet, every other club seems to be snapping players up left, right and centre. Those of you who were touting Sean Higgins for Somerset, think again, signed for Cowdenbeath.

Signings? What is that?

What about the possibility of the current lottery being doubled to £2 per week? Existing members could have their opinions canvassed to establish if they'd be prepared to continue to subscribe.

Does anyone know if there is an option to pay the lottery by either weekly/monthly standing order? I'm not a member myself but maybe we could all afford to put a little more into the club each season. Is the lottery online, or could that be an option?

Yeah, you can pay by standing order.

There's an application for on the website: http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/lottery/

Kevin McKinlay has agreed to join the club according to his Twitter page. He was good for us over the start of the season before picking up an injury and all but disappearing by the end of the year.

He can be an excellent full-back (who can also play at centre-back and in midfield) - not the most attack-minded, but he can read the game well and he's very, very strong. He's pretty confident on the ball and is comfortable at taking it upfield. The only problem is that he can be pretty careless and his concentration can drop - you'll see this a lot, rather than booting the ball out of play, he'll drop his shoulder and try and beat his man instead. Great when it comes off but maddeningly frustrating when it doesn't.

Should be a decent signing for Ayr.

He also once took a shit in the reserve goalkeeper's sock.

Kevin McKinlay has agreed to join the club according to his Twitter page. He was good for us over the start of the season before picking up an injury and all but disappearing by the end of the year.

He can be an excellent full-back (who can also play at centre-back and in midfield) - not the most attack-minded, but he can read the game well and he's very, very strong. He's pretty confident on the ball and is comfortable at taking it upfield. The only problem is that he can be pretty careless and his concentration can drop - you'll see this a lot, rather than booting the ball out of play, he'll drop his shoulder and try and beat his man instead. Great when it comes off but maddeningly frustrating when it doesn't.

Should be a decent signing for Ayr.

He also once took a shit in the reserve goalkeeper's sock.

Picked i up from Ian McCall when he was at Thistle i presume

At least it's a signing. Hopefully a striker, we are going to need at least two (depending on Nisbet getting a chance and Shankland staying) What strikers are even available...

Martin Grehan is available , surprised he hasn't been mentioned yet rejected a deal to stay in the land of no ferries

Haha that be yourself then? Are you planning to go ahead with it or were just testing the waters to see the reactions?

It could be...haha. I was just throwing the idea out there. I wouldn't have the time or the know how to operate something on that scale, but I'd definitely buy into something like that. The general consensus I've seen is people are a bit sceptical about paying money to Roberts who frittered away the large quantity given by SB.

Is the Roberts/Thistle best pal signings happening again? Expect Scott Chaplain to be our striker next season!

No I don't think so here. Just think he is only left back available in our budget. IIRC he had a howler against us for Morton but time will tell. The plus side is he's experienced. Now for a right back and centre half and hopefully Lithgow will sign as Bobo as back up along with McArthur. Strikers will appear as quite a few players will be holding out for a shot at Championship!!

Not particularly impressed with McKinlay. He's always been a notorious diddy, i seem to remember him being god awful for Morton.

He is a much better player than Pope though , that is all he has to be

Archived