f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have fulfilled our punishment though and are thankfully doing exactly the right thing and signing up good hungry players that know the division and aren't commanding extravagant wages.

Well no - exactly the right thing given your crocodile tears less than 12 months ago would be doing whatever it took to keep the club on an even keel - which given Dunfermline's revenue, would still leave a club very well placed to progress up a level. Instead your board confirmed that you'll be running a loss to do so ie back to the same cheating of leagues that led to your first administration.

Few ought to have been fooled by your mock contrition at the time.

Mark Roberts:

“The club’s aims were to avoid relegation and make a challenge for the play-offs. I was delighted we got there.

“Another aim was to bring the youth through, whether that was getting them involved at training or playing on a Saturday with the first team."

Lachlan Cameron:

"I sat down with Mark at the start of this season and laid out his objectives for the season... he was given the objective to finish no worse than a playoff position to try and get us promoted.

Second, he was clear that relegation or the bottom half of the table would result in termination.

Third, he was clear that he was expected to continue our policy of promoting youth and bleeding homegrown players into the squad."

I wouldn't say there were any inconsistencies here. Roberts may be many things but to call him a liar is unfair.

Roberts stated in the AP or club website, that the main focus was to avoid relegation. Cameron has said that relegation or mid table mediocrity would have resulted in Roberts being sacked. These are two different statements IMO. LC also said on his Facebook earlier this year, that he did not know what other clubs were offering players in terms of their budget, so for Mark Roberts to come out and say that the Ayr United budget is lower than another club in our division is wrong.

ETA - the only ay the 2 could be connected is if it was a personal goal for Roberts not to get Ayr relegated, due to the possibility of him getting sacked. If this is the case then it's not very ambitious.

Well no - exactly the right thing given your crocodile tears less than 12 months ago would be doing whatever it took to keep the club on an even keel - which given Dunfermline's revenue, would still leave a club very well placed to progress up a level. Instead your board confirmed that you'll be running a loss to do so ie back to the same cheating of leagues that led to your first administration.

Few ought to have been fooled by your mock contrition at the time.

Am I to take it that Morton will be either breaking even or running at a profit whilst sustaining full time football this year? I had assumed that you would be relying on the deep pockets of Mr Ray to make up the shortfall. The board at Dunfermline have made it clear that if we don't gain promotion this year we will revert to being mostly part-time. There is sufficient capital left from the money raised to buy the club from the administrator to cover this years loss without going into debt.

Roberts stated in the AP or club website, that the main focus was to avoid relegation. Cameron has said that relegation or mid table mediocrity would have resulted in Roberts being sacked. These are two different statements IMO. LC also said on his Facebook earlier this year, that he did not know what other clubs were offering players in terms of their budget, so for Mark Roberts to come out and say that the Ayr United budget is lower than another club in our division is wrong.

At the Q&A night where both Marko & LC were there it was stated the aim was to avoid relegation, this wasn't challenged.

What i make of it is that this was the challenge set by the board and that Marko said the aim instead was to make the playoffs & thus the target moved.

I could be wrong of course

ETA - the only ay the 2 could be connected is if it was a personal goal for Roberts not to get Ayr relegated, due to the possibility of him getting sacked. If this is the case then it's not very ambitious.

The only way I can think of Roberts legitimately getting the information regarding other teams playing budgets is if the opposing managers have told him. Which seems highly unlikely, as you don't go around talking about matters like that with your competitors.

Am I to take it that Morton will be either breaking even or running at a profit whilst sustaining full time football this year?

Nope, but we'll be running our catastrophic loss due to a timelessly piss-poor commercial department and collapsing league crowds, once Rae's 'shoestring' manager recreates the heady success of building a play-off contending side for the Third Division. I'd be surprised were Morton to have even half of the Dunfermline's revenue over the coming season, and the rest of the league will be even further down the financial pecking order.

I had assumed that you would be relying on the deep pockets of Mr Ray to make up the shortfall. The board at Dunfermline have made it clear that if we don't gain promotion this year we will revert to being mostly part-time. There is sufficient capital left from the money raised to buy the club from the administrator to cover this years loss without going into debt.

Yes, how very noble of DAFC to indicate that they'd opt for sustainable football (part-time or full-time, that is largely irrelevant) after seeing whether buying their way out works first. 12 months after giving everyone the sob stories about how their history of gross unsustainability was all the fault of a big bad banker and nothing to do with the good, honest club beneath.

Nope, but we'll be running our catastrophic loss due to a timelessly piss-poor commercial department and collapsing league crowds, once Rae's 'shoestring' manager recreates the heady success of building a play-off contending side for the Third Division. I'd be surprised were Morton to have even half of the Dunfermline's revenue over the coming season, and the rest of the league will be even further down the financial pecking order.

Yes, how very noble of DAFC to indicate that they'd opt for sustainable football (part-time or full-time, that is largely irrelevant) after seeing whether buying their way out works first. 12 months after giving everyone the sob stories about how their history of gross unsustainability was all the fault of a big bad banker and nothing to do with the good, honest club beneath.

We are only spending money we have, totally different scenario to the previous regime.

You're running a loss in order to subsidise the playing squad - exactly the same cheating that had you jingling the buckets just last season. Presumably the more accurate label 'Pars transfer kitty 2014/15' was rejected by a committee.

So how many times should we be punished for this?

We were effectively relegated as a result of a points reduction and weren't allowed to sign players for six months.

Should we be punished forever or hide away and not have any ambition ever again?

Our fans have gone to hell and back trying to save our club.

Very commendable, however you should have been kicked out the league and made to work your way back up from non-league through the now introduced pyramid. Rather contradictory of you to state that Ayr should be able to afford someone when your club have indicated that they will be running at a loss this year in an attempt to buy the league.

You're running a loss in order to subsidise the playing squad - exactly the same cheating that had you jingling the buckets just last season. Presumably the more accurate label 'Pars transfer kitty 2014/15' was rejected by a committee.

How is spending money you have cheating exactly?

Hijacked!! About Ayr United lads not Dunfermline vs Morton and who's poorer!

Fair point apologies, for what it's worth I actually hope Ayr have a good season.

Very commendable, however you should have been kicked out the league and made to work your way back up from non-league through the now introduced pyramid. Rather contradictory of you to state that Ayr should be able to afford someone when your club have indicated that they will be running at a loss this year in an attempt to buy the league.

I reckon we could have Rory McAllister if we wanted to. Mind your tone.

Life isn't fair, we were conned by Masterton too.

If the decision had gone the other way we would have no club.

If we don't get promoted this season then we will end up with a support like Ayr, Morton and Airdrie and go part time.

It think it's worth spending what we can afford, we are not operating at a loss. Our fans bring in 200k guaranteed every year and extra from fund raising plus the gate money.

If we go clear at the top the crowds might go back to 3000 plus and we have budgeted sensibly for 2000 fans.

It doesn't seem right that people lost out because of the previous regime, the club, players and fans suffered because of it and we have lost millions as a result of not being in the Championship. If it wasn't for the reduction and loss of senior players we would have been challenging Partick and Morton for a place in the SPL. They players were playing for nothing and fans didn't know if there was a club to support next week. We effectively said Cheerio to the team away to raith rovers.

People go bankrupt all the time, they shouldn't be punished forever because of it. If every team that has overspent was to be banned then there wouldn't be any clubs left.

Archived