f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good words from Lachlan there and looks like he has put a lot of thought into it. Perhaps my earlier rant was a bit too soon. I got the impression he isn't too happy with Roberts' comments in the press and has ultimately laid Roberts targets for next season for all to see! I also got the impression he was a tad pissed off with Moffat after the support he personally gave him. A communication from him like that has convinced me enough to renew my season ticket

I think fair play to Lachlan, he does seem to want to make sure that the club survives and not many chairmen would go into such detail. Its good to know what targets are and I think for a football club, where supporters are such a bugt source of income, targets should be made public so that people (players, staff and the board) are accountable.

I must admit it seems he feels let down by Moffat and if that's what was offered (which it will be, he can't commit to print something thats not true). It seems the club did what they could and we lost out.

Personally, I'm glad Cameron isn't risking the future of the club for short term gains. I would rather have a team to support than a team that wins a few trophies and goes bust in a few years. Living in Edinburgh, the club is one of the few ties I have to my family's home town and I while I would love to repeat the memories of Airdrie in 09 and Brechin in 11 I wouldn't want the club to die in a blaze pf glory.

I would still prefer Roberts left, but football is a results business and ultimately we finished above where we did the year below. Personally, I don't like the mob mentality we have at times when it comes to abusing Roberts. I don't know the guy and he will, like it or not, be wanting the team to win as well. His job depends on it! I don't think he is capable, but I'd love him to prove me wrong.

No doubt I shall be shunned as a Cameron-excuser but its just my opinion he seems to have the survival of the club at heart. But as he says, if the right people come in I would galdy see him step aside!

Aye there is a wee bit of an unsavoury side to Dunfermline fans emerging now, which is a shame as I always had a lot of respect for the club.

Clearly a lot of them have quickly put their recent shame behind them, and smug superiority seems to be the new style.

Your chairman shouldn't try and blame his failings on us running our club properly.

Our fans backed our team and as a result we were able to afford Moffat and full time training.

We are not doing anything of the things he is suggesting, the previous regime did this. Losing Moffat must be a sore one but look a bit closer to home before blaming others.

Why can't Ayr afford full time football and not keep Moffat?

We can we afford full time football and sign Moffat?

Questions you should ask your chairman.

We are certainly not cheating anyone, yes the admin era was bad but we were punished for that.

Rangers clearly overspent last year and as a result we lost out on winning the league. We haven't blamed anyone for this.

What a bitter old man.

I don't need to ask him anything, but the remarks in question clearly relate to Dunfermline's administration. What is it about that you don't understand?

You're clearly rattled but try and have some humility.

I don't think he should have made those comments, and would prefer they were removed from the statement, but you must be able to understand his frustration in spending a fortune of his own money just trying to keep the club alive.

Our administration has nothing to do with his ability to lose thousands of fans and pounds and your best player.

Did he ask the fans for help?

Ayr is a big place, why not back your team?

So how many times should we be punished for this?

We were effectively relegated as a result of a points reduction and weren't allowed to sign players for six months.

Should we be punished forever or hide away and not have any ambition ever again?

Our fans have gone to hell and back trying to save our club.

So how many times should we be punished for this?

We were effectively relegated as a result of a points reduction and weren't allowed to sign players for six months.

Should we be punished forever or hide away and not have any ambition ever again?

Our fans have gone to hell and back trying to save our club.

Don't think you should be allowed to sign players ever again imo.

We were effectively relegated as a result of a points reduction

Pish, you had a great chance of staying up and made an arse of it, your fate being sealed by losing at home to a rank rotten Airdrie side that had already been relegated weeks previously. Trying to claim that relegation was part of your punishment is Rangersesque.

That's a fair observation by DAF. We blew a 3 goal lead at Partick and couldn't beat the worst Airdrie team in years or else we would have stayed up.

We have fulfilled our punishment though and are thankfully doing exactly the right thing and signing up good hungry players that know the division and aren't commanding extravagant wages. The best Pars teams I've watched we're built on players like that.

http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/to-our-support/

Message from Cameron, with what he is saying, Roberts has once again lied, avoiding relegation was not the objective last year.

This years objective is to either win the league or go up via the play offs :lol::lol: :lol:

Mark Roberts:

“The club’s aims were to avoid relegation and make a challenge for the play-offs. I was delighted we got there.

“Another aim was to bring the youth through, whether that was getting them involved at training or playing on a Saturday with the first team."

Lachlan Cameron:

"I sat down with Mark at the start of this season and laid out his objectives for the season... he was given the objective to finish no worse than a playoff position to try and get us promoted.

Second, he was clear that relegation or the bottom half of the table would result in termination.

Third, he was clear that he was expected to continue our policy of promoting youth and bleeding homegrown players into the squad."

I wouldn't say there were any inconsistencies here. Roberts may be many things but to call him a liar is unfair.

Archived