f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

The only positive I can take from losing our entire senior strike force in the space of a day is that it opens the door for Shankland to cement a place. However I seriously hope Roberts doesn't rely heavily on his this season coming as the pressure and expectation could break him. We are in need of someone with a few years experience under their belt up top, not Roberts, like Higgins.

This year we'll need to be able to get goals from Midfield as well as we won't be a one trick pony in the guise of Moffs goals. Forrest has shown aptitude for scoring but again the pressure and expectation on him will be massive and probably unfair. I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that isn't already contracted for next season who is proven at this level.

Hearts and Hibs have just released a ton of players but there is no way we could ever afford any of them unless they are the more junior members of the squads. Even then we'd probably be a last resort and only able to pick up the absolute dregs. That leaves us looking for loan players, we've tried that previously with the likes of Danny McKay and the lad from St Johnstone that didn't know how to run (can't remember his name).

Just thinking about next season for one position is terrifying let alone needing to pretty much rebuild a squad on "buttons". If we go down the juniors route again for the majority of players we'll be relegated before we are wrapping Christmas presents. We were lucky to unearth the Moff, Pope wasn't as bad as he's been made out to be but he was more of a squad player than a key player.

I reckon Shankland and Crawford will be off, too.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All these people and their quaint ideas that Forrest, Shankland et cetera will hang around the sinking ship. Shankland turned down offers from the Old Firm and Liverpool and was rewarded with being loaned out to Albion Rovers.

We didn't have McLaughlin on a 2-year contract. He signed a new one for next season a few months ago. Last 2-year deal for a senior player was Marenghi in 2012, I think.

We didn't have McLaughlin on a 2-year contract. He signed a new one for next season a few months ago. Last 2-year deal for a senior player was Marenghi in 2012, I think.

Gilmour got an 18 month deal.

That's kind of the same thing though. I was a bit alarmed at Roberts's comment in the paper, a couple of weeks ago, about getting a new defence in being the top priority, as opposed to tying up The Moff. Perhaps he was already resigned to losing him.

That's kind of the same thing though. I was a bit alarmed at Roberts's comment in the paper, a couple of weeks ago, about getting a new defence in being the top priority, as opposed to tying up The Moff. Perhaps he was already resigned to losing him.

Yeah it's the same thing, over a years contract.

Has anyone checked to see if there is any left at Somerset park? Last night might have just been automated messages on a computer they forgot to shut down.

Talked to my nephew that plays amans tonight said he played against a guy last week that Albion Rovers are going to sign.Bet we do not even scout that league,last year a a charity game watched a big black striker that was meant to go to Ayr,he was utter dire had pace but went in twice and duffed it.Never heard of the guy clearly never was good enough to sign

The one possible upside to the Moff's departure might be a more balanced team for next season, with goals from midfield as well as the strike force, though if the Board continues its parsimonious ways, we'll struggle to attract any half decent players for any positions!

Good summation of the season of the season from Kitty Boy on Tell Him He's Pele. All points well nailed on.

http://www.tellhimhespele.com/the-league-1-end-of-term-report-card/

As for signings, bit concerned we haven't heard anything. This is regarding Lithgow in particular and not so much Hutton. The communication coming out of the club is shocking. There's still been no end of season review from Roberts (last year we had one and set Ryan McStay off on a twitter tirade), no mention of players being released/retained (Ayrshire Post doesn't count) or the moving ons of Ayr player. All we have heard from club is secure your Season Ticket for next season at £205 (£11.88 per game). To me that is not really an early bird or decent offer when you consider it only costs £15 walk up and the benefits of early purchase for tickets for 'Big' games is really null and void.

I have to pose the question of why the playing budget is being cut when there are so many non-playing wages being taken out of the club. I shall give the example of the Operations Manger (a term used loosely in my eyes). Tracy McTrusty apparently earns £40,000 per annum for doing this job. Now remember she forgot to register away kits with SFA 2 seasons ago and East Stirling kindly agreed to wear their away kit and the floodlight debacle where she never applied for planning permission and resulted in a Ramsden Cup game being played at Cappilow. Throw in Lewis Grants wage as well and there is a big chunk. However, we know Lachlan has a problem when it comes to getting rid of said Operations Manager a he as shagging her for over a year!

The wages being pulled by non-playing staff need to be addressed at the next AGM by sombody on the board. AUFC Trust may be the best to raise this point or hope that a takeover ensues and these people are removed from their positions or given a wage cut.

Sorry for the rant. Work is slow!

Good summation of the season of the season from Kitty Boy on Tell Him He's Pele. All points well nailed on.

http://www.tellhimhespele.com/the-league-1-end-of-term-report-card/

As for signings, bit concerned we haven't heard anything. This is regarding Lithgow in particular and not so much Hutton. The communication coming out of the club is shocking. There's still been no end of season review from Roberts (last year we had one and set Ryan McStay off on a twitter tirade), no mention of players being released/retained (Ayrshire Post doesn't count) or the moving ons of Ayr player. All we have heard from club is secure your Season Ticket for next season at £205 (£11.88 per game). To me that is not really an early bird or decent offer when you consider it only costs £15 walk up and the benefits of early purchase for tickets for 'Big' games is really null and void.

I have to pose the question of why the playing budget is being cut when there are so many non-playing wages being taken out of the club. I shall give the example of the Operations Manger (a term used loosely in my eyes). Tracy McTrusty apparently earns £40,000 per annum for doing this job. Now remember she forgot to register away kits with SFA 2 seasons ago and East Stirling kindly agreed to wear their away kit and the floodlight debacle where she never applied for planning permission and resulted in a Ramsden Cup game being played at Cappilow. Throw in Lewis Grants wage as well and there is a big chunk. However, we know Lachlan has a problem when it comes to getting rid of said Operations Manager a he as shagging her for over a year!

The wages being pulled by non-playing staff need to be addressed at the next AGM by sombody on the board. AUFC Trust may be the best to raise this point or hope that a takeover ensues and these people are removed from their positions or given a wage cut.

Sorry for the rant. Work is slow!

St Johnstone manage fine with a volunteer if I recollect, that's £40k we'd save instantly as a CIC, 40 fcuking grand for what, doing her nails, if I recollect correctly she also didn't apply for a license for a Sunday game against Sevco, she must be immense in the sack, office, changing rooms etc.

Archived