f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm curious as to what Roberts is hoping to achieve by going to America. Presumably he's not expecting to be able to entice promising players across the Atlantic with the offer of part time football in the Scottish third tier alone.

I'm curious as to what Roberts is hoping to achieve by going to America. Presumably he's not expecting to be able to entice promising players across the Atlantic with the offer of part time football in the Scottish third tier alone.

It will be Scottish/British players coming out the college system. As previously mentioned on another thread it might be through the company that Gilmour works for. I think they have open trials and aim to get the guys clubs.

It's alright, wasn't being serious. Just laughing at the other thread.Don't know why anyone wants us to sign Gemmell, though, he's pretty shit.

Shouldn't have fallen for that one.

I rate Gemmell but can see why some people think he's shite!!

It will be Scottish/British players coming out the college system. As previously mentioned on another thread it might be through the company that Gilmour works for. I think they have open trials and aim to get the guys clubs.

Yeah I thought as much. Even then though, I can't imagine he'd have much luck in convincing anyone worthwhile (or at all) to sign unless they were already planning to base themselves in the West of Scotland.

I'm curious as to what Roberts is hoping to achieve by going to America. Presumably he's not expecting to be able to entice promising players across the Atlantic with the offer of part time football in the Scottish third

tier alone.

Why not, they usually go to Iceland. it's the same level as what we are at really

Looking at the testimonials they've got, it looks as if it's mostly American players that SoccerViza deal with. Wouldn't be surprised if there were a few Scottish or English players in there though. A lot of them have moved to Iceland.

I'm curious as to what Roberts is hoping to achieve by going to America.

A suntan, most likely. Either that or a good escape route for when he's eventually hunted.

It's certainly a bold strategy: he gets to look at untested kids, castoffs from other development programs and mercenary foreigners simultaneously. That fits another couple of days of golf into the schedule.

Will the crazed Juniors fan be making an appearance on your threads this year? He was excellent. All the rants about poaching players etc.

Considering that the poachee has a good chance of being back in the juniors next season I doubt it.

Will the crazed Juniors fan be making an appearance on your threads this year? He was excellent. All the rants about poaching players etc.

There's always some crazy b*****d stalking one of our threads - you must have noticed that recenty!

Sadly he was banned last night for the second time , both times after being reported for "being an idiot"

Craig Malcolm is in the Advertiser saying he's been offered a new deal but also has a few other offers and doesn't want to say anymore at the moment.

Oooh, a potential bidding war between the third and fourth best teams in the third tier of Scottish football for the fourth or fifth best striker in the third tier of Scottish football. Exciting times.

A suntan, most likely. Either that or a good escape route for when he's eventually hunted.

It's certainly a bold strategy: he gets to look at untested kids, castoffs from other development programs and mercenary foreigners simultaneously. That fits another couple of days of golf into the schedule.

http://soccerviza.com/soccerviza/Register.aspx?eventID=15

Does anyone seriously think this is a worthwhile use of Roberts time? $390 - $550 to play in a 3-day 'showcase' and the chance to win a part-time contract in Scotland or Iceland - who's that going to attract? I remember Stirling getting absolutely slated for charging folk to play in trials a few seasons back but at least they weren't expecting players to pay their air fare across the Atlantic.

If Roberts sees this as anything more than a subsidised holiday I'd be concerned.

Who ever they do get will be a rich kid that Daddy can put through Uni in Scotland.Hardly the kind or type that is going to drag there way up through the dog ends of Scottish football.We were as well trying for Irish students at least they get free Uni here.And share the same kind of culture as we do.Would sooner have somebody like that than a Yank,unless there really keen.

Archived